Reply 37: Final Fantasy battlegrounds
Frans english dub

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shichintai 7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:58 am
I cant decide whether it is good or not.What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:47 am
As far as dubs go, it doesn't suck, which is about as good as it gets. I am extremely anti-dubbing, so that's about the biggest compliment I can give. Pretty well what they're trying to capture with the accents is a reflection of the different Japanese dialects which would come from different prefectures, which were probably in the original game. I generally don't approve of the inter-language accent match up, as it is probably what gave Cid his unfortunate dialect (Waaaah! My poor Cid!), and made Cait Sith what I can only pressume was scottish? Or Irish? Or welsh? I'm bad with accents, and he talks for all of five seconds in Advent Children. Did anyone else notice that in FF 7, Barrette and Cait Sith randomly change their accents in the last part of the game? It's odd.
Anyways... as far as accent match-ups go, the Viera weren't done badly. I just think it's funny that the Archadians are English smile .  

Kerazz

1,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

DivinityGrace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:39 am
hehehe, i found fran`s voice abit weired, when i first heared it all i could think of was Lara Croft sweatdrop but its growing on me now, i quite like it!
Balthier`s voice is the best though, so smooth blaugh prefect for a leading man
heh arcadians=English. are they tryin to say something
Btw Kerazz i`m welsh, so i dont think that was cait sith`s accent, i always though kinda scottish smile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:08 pm
it may be wierd but it does have a viera feel to it...
so I think its realistic...  

Fiznit

200 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

AngeIIusMalus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:40 am
Fran's and the other Viera's accents are Icelandic

Arcadian's all have British Accents. High Class Arcadian's speak "The queens English" while the lower class Arcadians in Old Arcadia speak with other tpyes of British accents

Rabanastins speak with American accents (sept Bacsh who speaks with the "queens english" accent)

Gabranth has a New Zealand accent

Ondor has a Middle Eastern accent

Al Cid has a Spanish Accent  
37: Final Fantasy battlegrounds

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas