Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
Do you think the Mimzi will become 07's first rare item? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver and Silence

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:45 pm
Nah, everyone's got one and it's impossible for them to disappear by selling them to stores, so I'm guessing they're here to stay.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:41 pm
it's not totally correct to say that no one wants it, since i know of people who buy extra even when you can only equip one at a time, just because they think mimzies are cute sweatdrop  

yoshizuki-chan

Death Note XPD154

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:31 pm
They will eventually go up a little in price, but not enough for it to matter. Because you can only wear one at a time it's pointless to have more than one.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:56 am
GinoLeTV
P_Chan82
GinoLeTV
Evan Korken
I'd say in a couple of years they'll go up in price. You also have to think about the growing number of users that join each day that see the item and want it, some just because it's an animal item.

I agree that they probably won't be extremely expensive though.
Yes, but since you can get it though a quest, those people in the future just need to kill 2 minutes watching a trailer or a movie released years ago to get one. Or spend 10 gold.

But how long will they have this quest? I don't think it's a permanent thing, is it? confused
The Moira quest is permanent, and since that is the only other quest, statistically speaking, there is a 100% chance that this quest is forever. I guess kind of like how you can get a brown magical giftbox at any point in time. Of course, that one wasn't a movie deal thingy...

How accurate are statistics on only one piece of information? sweatdrop Aside from that, if it is a permanent thing, that would make them nearly worthless in the future if anyone can get them at any point in time. confused  

Rhireiah

Silvyee

Excitable Strawberry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:14 pm
Gino's throwing another probability at us, which is actually helpful. Though I don't see it sensible that the quest would be kept alive for new members say, in 3 years.

We've never had Gaia "team up" with another company this way before, so it's anyone's guess.

But really, what item from '07 is going to be rare if not the Mimzy? Don't count it out yet. I don't see a huge membership surge any time soon, but if there is, this would be the item.

One thing I don't see people speculating on is what if the movie sucks? Then the Mimzy would be a joke and no one would want it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:05 pm
Silvyee
Gino's throwing another probability at us, which is actually helpful. Though I don't see it sensible that the quest would be kept alive for new members say, in 3 years.

We've never had Gaia "team up" with another company this way before, so it's anyone's guess.

But really, what item from '07 is going to be rare if not the Mimzy? Don't count it out yet. I don't see a huge membership surge any time soon, but if there is, this would be the item.

One thing I don't see people speculating on is what if the movie sucks? Then the Mimzy would be a joke and no one would want it.

I think even if the movie sucks, Mimzy is still a cute stuffed bunny. The long term value will be affected by how long the event runs. The number of daily users has dropped in the last couple weeks.

Does anybody have any stats on how long the average Gaian stays active?  

The Comic Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

GinoLeTV

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:11 pm
Ah, throwing you one statistic, as a statistic was supposed to be a little joke. It's something I do.

And its hard to guess the average Gaian's life span. There are 6 mil+ accounts and yet less than 100,000 have been online at the same time. I simply used that as a unreliable method to assume there are less than half a million active accounts. Of course with an indeterminable amount of "Every so often login" accounts too. The people who have been here for years but look like only 3 months old...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:15 pm
well probably the only reason the first available quest is forever is that it's for new users
i'm sure some quests are limited time only, since it's highly unlikely the movie will advertise itself forever  

yoshizuki-chan

The Comic Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:00 am
There are currently 125 pages of Mimzy's on the MP with a minimum of 545 gold price.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:27 pm
yoshizuki-chan
well probably the only reason the first available quest is forever is that it's for new users
i'm sure some quests are limited time only, since it's highly unlikely the movie will advertise itself forever

pretty sure it will be limited  

Card388

The Comic Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:52 pm
I just took the quest again. I thought it was a one time only, but I guess not.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:47 pm
it's up to 3 per person  

yoshizuki-chan

1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out