Reply 37: Final Fantasy battlegrounds
Final Fantasy 12 Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rikis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:42 pm
My question is one that is not in a stratagy guide and can only be answered by people who played the game. What I want to know is has any one notice a character that was beteer with a weapon then all the others or at least was really good with it. Also did you notice any that were horrible.

Great
basch/hammer and axe class
penelo/pole class

Horible
Asche/crossbow  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:38 am
Vaan is best with the sword, and Balthier is the best with guns.  

larxene 12

4,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Kerazz

1,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:46 pm
***READ ME***

There's a section in the clan primer detailing the different weapon types, and how they do damage. Which character does the best damage with which weapon depends on their base stats, and the stat changes due to equipment. Swords, I think javelins, rods, and crossbows do damage based off of the strength stat, so give these weapons to characters with a high strength. You'd think the rod would be kind of useless in this regard, as it would traditionally be given to a mage... but some of the mystic armor does increase the strength stat, and the rods have the added bonus of increasing MP. Yay!

The speed weapons are the bow, dagger, and ninja sword. (I think.) The damage done by these weapons is based off of the speed stat, so they go to fast characters, who should have whichever equipment gives them the highest speed while maintaining a decent armor rating.

Guns and measures actually have nothing to do with a character's stats, so you could really give 'em to anyone... Honest. Their damage is based pretty much solely on the weapon's attack stat, and it ignores the defense of foes. Handy for giant turtles and such, but useless on amorphs, alas. Measures, believe it or not, are not useless. Stick one on a confused character, and if they bonk a friend rather than a foe, they'll not only do less damage, but slap on a handy buffer spell.

The axes/hammers and hand bombs also have little to do with a character's stats, so they could be used by anyone. They do 100% random damage (Although there is probably a formula of some sort for it, as there isn't actually anything truly random when it comes to electronics...). The maximum damage is determined by the weapon's attack stat, but at any point, the weapon could do anywhere from its max to single digit damage. It is supposedly governed by a character's luck, but depends just as much on your own... which sucks, because axes and such can potentially deal out more damage than any other weapon of their rank (that you could buy at the same time...). Oh. And because their damage is randomized, the clan primer doesn't say as much, but enemy defense is basically ignored, or at least doesn't seem to be much of a factor.

I love poles. smile Really. I do. When Balthier's in my party, and a flan shows up, I just give him a pole, and whip that amorph into shape smile . Poles are yet another weapon where it doesn't matter who you give 'em to; they do damage based on your foe's magic resistance. As there is essentially no way of telling what this may be aside from past FF experience and reaccuring monsters, trial and error determines what to use poles on. But it shouldn't matter WHO uses 'em.

Next come the magic weapons: staves and katana. I'm pretty sure there's actually one more, but couldn't for the life of me figure out what it is... At any rate, these weapons do damage based on the character's magic stat, which ought to be highest for whichever characters are being used as mages. Go figure. The staff will raise magic power higher, and give a higher evade stat, but has a lower attack value, so it is better for pure spell casters. The katana will not raise magic as high, but actually does decent damage. It also stands a very good chance of scoring multiple hits, meaning a mage with low MP using a katana will recharge their MP more quickly if they have the proper passive licences.

I'm pretty sure that should answer your question... Yes, there are characters who specifically have the stats to match certain weapons, but what those characters are equiped with can also change how much damage they do. Also, even if a character has a stat which favors a specific weapon, if another one has a higher attack value, they may do more damage with it.
Fun, no?

My question is, does anyone know if all of the victory poses for all of the characters include all of the different types of weapons?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:41 am
i am on Paramina Rift (lv 25) and everyone i have is over level 65 so i dont really know what weapons are good for who because they are really strong any way tee hee ^_^ xxxxxxxxx  

Foxy Irish Angel

DivinityGrace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:36 am
i gave the charactors the following

Fran-Always my bow/cross boy lady
Penelo-Hammer
Basch-Katana/Sword
Vaan-Katana
Balthier-POLES!..god my favourite weapon hehe. doesnt help that he`s pretty smexy when he owns things with it
Ashe-Staff i think stare  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:42 am
I like balthier with the gun so I think I will keep him that way but I am going to try penelo with a hamer, and maybe try out the katanas.  

Rikis

mojojazz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:04 pm
I gave Fran a katana and she's owning most monsters.
I had Basch with greatswords for a while but i think he does better damage with spears.
Balthier seems to be doing the best with poles but i move him to ranged weaponry when i need to.

Those are the 3 i use the most  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:43 am
Despite usually likeing guns, i gavent really used them at all dueing this game. I dunno, i just find them considerably weaker than all my other weapons.
Riki`s you said you used the gun! how is it working for you?  

DivinityGrace

Kerazz

1,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:23 am
Did... no one read my fantastically oversized post that answers all tactical questions that ever could be asked? No? *sigh*

Use guns when fighting enemies with high defense, like adamantoise. It rips right through their armor. Guns are also good for testing enemies for status weaknesses, and inflicting silence, blind, etc. Which is a very good thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:51 am
I read it kerazz I was just comenting on others sugestions but I am going to start carrying other weapons foe my characters instead of using just one weapon for each now I just have to start playing I got to busy to play because i was working on my car.  

Rikis

Taki Arika

Super Genius

8,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:53 am

Here's what I did:

Balthier-guns, poles, ninja swords
Basch-swords, great swords, spears
Vaan-daggers, swords, crossbows
Penelo-staves, bows
Fran-axes
Ashe-swords, kantanas

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:19 pm
I will take all these ideas in to consideration, thanks kerazz for the detailed post  

Rikis

sik sultan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:58 pm
Vaan and ash are best at swords. Balthier is best at guns, the bunny girl is best at magic. as far as i know thats the best. clue:i beaten the game 3 times  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:00 pm
I took some of your ideas and here is my new set upi for now I am still changing things, I manly use physical attacks and only use magic to heal or dispel certain effects.

party 1
Vaan axes and bow s
Basche axes and spears
Ashe sword and shield

party 2
Frand great swords and bows
Balthier guns and poles
Penelo poles, guns and hand bombs

most of the time I use the two groupings stated above, and it is really working well for me.  

Rikis

37: Final Fantasy battlegrounds

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff