7,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:48 pm
User Image
caemin
emeraldgreen3
AS AN ACTIVE CITIZEN OF MY SOCIATY I WOULD CALL THE ABULANCE & TRY MY BEST TO STYBALIZE THE INJURED PEOPLE, BESIDES THEY CAN'T SUE ME I SAVED THEIR FORSAKEN LIVES!!!!!

Actually they can. That's what makes the world so great.

It's funny...
Because it's true.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:36 am
In the course of our lives, some of us may be called upon to do great things. Most are only lucky enough to perform random acts of kindness. I've been fortunate enough to have been allowed to experience both.
How would you react in some of the following footage I've found? Would you have been as selfless and brave as a gorilla? While carrying your own offspring upon your back?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp7cZ0AWxfI&feature=related
Or, maybe, as brave as an elephant?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd-LtWtNvDw&feature=related
If "lesser" animals on this planet can do these things, then why not humans? Did that female gorilla worry about the life of her own infant, riding on her back? No. She saw another life - not even her own species - in need of help, and offered her protection.

EBMoonside

Social Emergency

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:28 pm
Quote:
You are walking home. You come acroos a horrible 5-car accident (sp?)
and there are many injured people, moaning and crying, everywhere.

Do you stop and help?

Pro: Morally, you have an obligation to aid another human being. After all, without it, there wouldn't be good samaritans. Plus, a large amount of guilt would occur if someone died, someone you saw, and didnt help.

Con: Legally, you shouldn't. If you pull someone out, even if it save their life, you could give them an additional injury and open yourself up to a lawsuit. Also how are you, a civillian, to assume authority and aid without training. The question doesn't say your trained in any medical or rescue field, so how can you assume whats best for these people.

What do you think?

not entirely sure of the nationality of others on this board...but...
In America, the "Good Samaritan Act" protects people from lawsuits, if they may inadvertently harm someone while attempting to save them, or if they fail at saving another person's life.

That besides you should regardless, there are more important things in life than money. I try to live my life by the code of Bushido, I try as hard as I can to give all to others, regardless of my own losses, discomforts, or even my own life(if necessary).  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:31 pm
I would have helped someone before because I hadn't thought about the legality of it, but I think I would still help someone knowing I might get in trouble for it. I don't believe that it's going to do me any good anytime, but I might just help one of the people in the accident.
Personally, when I try to help people I'm not thinking about how it's going to benefit me, nor am I trying to get on some omnipotent divine beings good side.  

Count_Vladislos_Draculia

Tasty Crayons

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:04 pm
Honestly, if I saved a person from said car crash, I don't think (even if I had caused another injury) they would sue me over it. I mean, really, that would have to be a serious jerk of a person to have a legal battle with someone that, quite possibly, saved their life.

Myself, I would help. I would try to, anyway. There's the fact that I might barf, or feint, or something similar, when I see these injuries, or possibly a dead person. But I would try and help to the best of my ability. I didn't even think of the possibility of getting into a legal situation. My first thought when I read that was, "********, I'd help immediately". But even when you bring up the idea of legal troubles, I still think I would help, and just hope no one is that big of an a** hole.

And I wouldn't try and assume what is best for the people who are injured. I would just try and help them to the best of my ability until a real paramedic unit can arrive and take over. Even when they do come, I would still offer my assistance in rescuing any others.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:26 am
Of course I would help! At least.... as much as I could without doing more harm. Calling 911 would be a good start.

I wouldn't feel guilty if anyone died, after all, the accident wasn't MY fault, and people die everyday, it's the natural cycle of life.

And as for the legal issue? I believe it was stated previously in the forums that sometimes doing the right thing involves going by your own judgment, no matter what the rules may be. I'd just have to take that risk.  

Serendipity Splendor

11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces