View Results

lil_miss_aquarius

3,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:32 am
I think it could be good and bad.

I think it is good for kids to have parents that still understand what it is like to be young.

However, I believe that the parents need to be stable in all aspects of their lives.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:57 am
I think it really just depends on the person...sometimes mistakes happen ...u get pregnant and there is nothing u can do ...i think its great that they want to have the child and not kill it by getting an abortion ..whether its raising the child them self or giving up for an adoption i think its very mature of the parent (regardless of age). I also think that it would help to have a job to support the child or to be out of school but those things arent always a given choice..there are some families that help out with the new born and i think that can help bring a family closer ...i think its risky to have a child at a young age because it can cause problems for the child and mother (both physically and mentally). U cant determine what is good and bad just by looking but rather to experience the life that person lives. It really just depends on the person having the baby.  

sakura11591

Vajapocalypse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:34 pm
Der Freischuetz
I think it's a stupid thing to have kids so early, when one doesn't have enough money to support themselves and a child. Maybe if the parents of the mother are willing to help it could work. I'd prefer that people wait until they're out of the house, employed full-time, and have enough money to support a child.
I agree. Also a lot of these girls aren't thinking about the child they are thinking about themselves and that is definitely not a good reason to have a child.
We contraceptives for a reason use them ><  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:34 pm
I understand some people can handle having kids at an early age, but I think, in the long run, it's bad.

As soon as you have a kid, that kid comes first, before you. That's how life works. And if the kid doesn't come first, then you suck at parenting.

If you're not mature enough to understand that, then having kids is definitely a bad idea. That's why it's commonly smarter to wait until you're older to have kids.

In the case of your sister, though, I suppose that depends on her. I'm not going to say her having a first child, or even a second child at 17, is a bad thing. She might handle children a lot better than most people could at that age.

It all depends on how mature the person is - can they comprehend the fact that their life comes second to their child's life? Can they handle giving up their dreams, their hopes, their planned future, anything that they had wanted to do and now can't do with a child to take care of?

Tasty Crayons

Skyeblue777

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:49 pm
I got a question that is somewhat related to this. Where is the father in all of this? Did he dump his girlfriend because he didn't want a baby(which is weird because it's his baby) or did the mother purposely didn't want them in the baby's life. Yes I know a woman can take care of a baby by herself but I find it weird that the father is not at least trying to help raise the child. I think I only saw one person mention that the father of the baby actually be responisble in this form.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:45 pm
I think in most civilized cultures, it's definitely important to wait until you've completed school before having a child. Because it's important to have a good education, not only for yourself, but for your potential family.

However, I wish we could end schooling earlier/go through the learning process faster if we wanted to, so that we could have kids sooner. I think that since our bodies become ready to have children so early, it's safe enough for the body to have them early, and there must be a reason for that. Also, if you're younger when you have a child, you're closer in age to that child, and that seems important to me. Of course, it also helps to be mature enough to have a child, but that can change depending on the person.

I'm not sure. I always feel disappointed when I learn that a person had a child when they were young, because usually it means they weren't being responsible, and that the child was an accident, and they're obviously not ready to have one. But at the same time, I know a lot of great 16, 17, and 18 year old mothers.  

beccamon

wildblackfire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:57 pm
stare So someone young gets knocked up. so what? it happens. It's how they choose to deal with the situation that determines whether it's "good" or "bad". for every action there is a consequence. I use "" to say good and bad because really it could go either way. In every situation like this it's a gamble no matter what you choose.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:05 am
Aurora_Dance
Who are we to decide who are ready who are not? It's the social norm that age of maturity is created. Some culture believe that 15 years old kid are supposed to be married already.

You are a homo sapien sapien who is living in this OVERPOPULATED PLANET CRAWLING WITH MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF HUMANS!!!

No to abortion, though. The kid's already there.

Anyway, as we all know, once that there is someone born, someone should die. Where the one dying is not a newborn. As you can see imagine, humans spawn terrestrially as well as plants. Humans overpopulating on a landmass is bad. This is because of the human habitat called house. Now, to create this "house", you need an open area of land. Meaning you destroy your own food source. It's better if I can present it, though.

Now, to use this common sense, you will be able to spawn more offspring if you are still young. Why is that? Think about it. If you are young, let's say 17, and humans trigger this "menopause" at the age of 50 and human infants are born 40 weeks after conception. 40 weeks can be simplified to 10 months. Now then, refer to the equation below.

Given

Let a = Age of Mother for First Born
Let b = Menopause Trigger
Let c = Time after conception and before birth (Month)
Let d = Number of Months in a Year on Earth
Let e = Offspring Count

Equation

d ( b - a ) = e
c

Substitution

12 ( 50 - 17 ) = 198/5 = 39.8

Final Answer

39 Offspring Count. Plus! The possibility of Multiple Births.

Meh, you solve for the normal and late human mating age. I am tired of typing.  

Thyplosion

Unsealed Power

12,725 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • That One Hero 500

Landria03

6,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:47 am
Early pregnancy? I'm not agreeing to that.
In that early age you don't know what a responsibility is.
And even if you do know it, it's not that easy to do it.
Since you've got some school and stuff.
You won't be able to enjoy your teenage years.
So early pregnancy is a no no...  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces