Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medication?
  yeah
  no
View Results

Sorrow Surgeon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:05 am
Seriously,I read a book on how certain foods and prescription meds keep and make you depressed.Depression has to do with the chemicals in your brain,and if you believe a medicine can fix it,isn't it possible that chemicals can cause it?Certain foods and drugs keep you sick and depressed.I'd rather see you guys happy than the drug companies rich.The book I read is called "Natural cures they don't want you to know about." Natural cures don't have ANY side effects and they actually help you. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:58 am
I'm not on meds and I'm very depressed. The thing is I don't want anyone to know that inside I'm dying.  

xMyxChemxRckrx

War Resistance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:06 am
i dont know how long meds last, but if u must, u must, but be careful how much u take, its sad when seeing someone addicted  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:34 am
Pick me!
I take Wellbutrin and Prozac but I love the Zoloft guy.  

Muh-Muh-Muh Mary

Hygienic Browser

8,025 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:03 am
I was on some anti-d. Can't remember the name of it now. It really helped me out, though.

The combination of meds and therapy is a good one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:41 am
I would prefer therapy over medication, but if medication is necessary, then it must be taken. Just as long as medicine is not overdosed, it could serve a good purpose. One must be very careful when trusting medicines. Many of them have nasty side effects. I did a paper on ADHD once and learned about many side effects of these medicines - they generally include stomachaches, dry mouth, diarrhea, and inability to sleep well.  

ObscureEnigma

Volare Libre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:00 am

My mom wants to put me on medication for depression; I don't want to feel fake happy though. My mom's hormones though were all screwed up because of chemo (she had breast cancer) so she would get really depressed randomly and had to take pills. They really helped; although in teens theres a chance the risk of suicidal thoughts could rise in frequency.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:17 am
Farean
I think I should try meds, cause a few days ago (literally, 3 days) I thought about killing myself and tried to find rope (which I couldn't find). But see, I dunno if i should go on pills. because then my mom would know I suffer, and she'd freak out about how everyone'll find out and talk behind her back and she hates that and she'll take it out on me...

What, your mum would freak out of you were on pills but she'd be fine if you killed yourself?  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:18 am
Farean
Sorrow Surgeon
Not sure if you guys have heard,but statistics say depression meds aren't too good for you.There are really good all natural medicines for depression with less side effects.Vitamin E is supposed to be really good.

Blah blah blah! Shaddup! scream

From someone who's not taken them.

Ease up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:01 am
Adderall works well for me; it helps me pay attention. And medication should be used in moderation. ::smiles widely:: Otherwise, the medication might backfire and be something that is "too much of a good thing." Overdosing isn't generally a good idea.  

Merrin Spicer

Mesmeric Demise

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:04 pm
personally they are all s**t I have ADHD and I used to be on meds trust me they made we worse on 1 med I wouldn't eat anything another made me depressed so my mom gave up and stopped making me on meds. even though I am still a little wound up I am alot calmer and better then when i was on meds  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:08 pm
maclau
i suffer of depresion, and i'm on medication
ever since i'm taking it i'm a lot better.

are you on meds? what are you taking?
what do you think about that?

post your comments

I try my best to stay away from meds. reason is. it changes the way the neurons acts in the brain and there are too many side effects.  

Anabethe

uPrincess Bubblegum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:26 pm
I'm on Cipralex, an anxiety medication. it's a very low dosage, but it still makes a big impact on my personality. Whenever I forget to take it, I'm not a 'robot' anymore-- all my feelings come out, good and bad. I suppose the medication does help, to some extent, but I'd rather have some emotion while I'm on it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:55 pm
LuIIabies to ParaIyze
I'm on Cipralex, an anxiety medication. it's a very low dosage, but it still makes a big impact on my personality. Whenever I forget to take it, I'm not a 'robot' anymore-- all my feelings come out, good and bad. I suppose the medication does help, to some extent, but I'd rather have some emotion while I'm on it.
Buy one of those devices that chop pills in half?  

applesauce600

9,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
47: The Depression Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items