Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 4: The Three R's, (Lit) RP, Reviews, & Reports (Debate/Essays/Creative Writing)
Boredom is wicked

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll? What not?
  Polls!
View Results

Wertish

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:04 pm
Well this is something I pieced together out of my mind out of boredom in like 5 minutes, it is just some ramblings, leit me know what you think
Quote:
So this is just a place for me to clean out my head of all the useless wonderings and thoughts that seem to float across my mind, I may rant or whateva but, who really cares about susch a meaningless thing as that?
My first thought is about social classes inside of todays highschools.....are they still there, yeah sure you still have the preps, the jocks, the stoners, and the punk kids...but is that really what the kid is or just something they decided to put on for the benifit of others so they can be what is called "cool" in their circles?
What about a kid that doesn't fit in anywhere and is looked at as wierd by every othwer one of the groups is he a group of just himself and the random outliers of all of the nation or does he exsist in all of the groups simitaniously and none of the exclusively?
Can a person honestly choose what group they belong to by their apperance? Can a person walk into a store and just decide on some random fact that they want to be "popular" so they decide to dress preppy? Is preppy popular? Or is that just another misconception dating back in the social age?
What makes one popular? Is popular having a large collection of aquantices? Mere passing knowledge of the person? A knowing of enough people to nod their heads to in the hallway? Or, is popular having just 10 friends. Just ten friends who would stand on the edge of a cliff and hold a rope while you are falling, no matter how much it hurts them, just to pull you to safety?
Would anyone you know hold that rope? Would anyone let their hands bleed? Has true, deep meaningful friendships all but dried up in the pursuit of gaining the largest number of head shakes?
Has the nodding become so important that one would lie for the nod? Has it become to the point where one with moral standings would be snickered and laughed at and looked at as "uncool" What is this cool? Is it lying and kiniving to get to the top? Or is it lying and cheating for the betterment of ones self?
Is stealing cheating the system? Does it Hurt everyone if you steal from a company? Is it just a circle of the system screwing the people making them believe they must lie cheat and steal to stay alive but all that ends up doing is making it harder for the person to live? Is that todays world?
What has society come to?
Is it just the society of a Middle-class suburbian white kid trying to make sense of the world? Is it the society of all? Or....Is it the society of capitalism?
But shhh...now thats communist talk. We can't say that....we would get burned from our home in a scarlet scare that has not yet disappeared. We can't say f*****t either, or red, or c***k, without the threat of a lawsuit or the shackles of "injustice and racist hate" thrown upon our names.
Alas, I have jumped from topic to topic, does that make me unstable? Healthy? A genious? Or just some kid with an overactive imagination? Do we judge people? We say we don't but we do. Do we judge the ones we love? Of course not we say. But are they people to? Who is moral? The person being judged for a percieve descrepancy? Or the person judging saying thats wrong? Who is right?
Does society need bad people so they can sleep at night feeling good about them selves because they aren't like that guy? Does it matter if "that guy" accepts what he does and has no qualms about it? What if it is normal for him? Does that make you discriminating to him? Or him to you? who is right? Who is wrong?
Is there a right and wrong to everything? Or is the world a world of grey? Is it right to follow your instincts but go against everything everybody else wants? If you do what you want, but its not what other people want, does that make you wierd or them wierd, for they cannot think for themselves? Once more...right? Wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:19 pm
thats so awesome...and so true.
boredom can open our minds so much.. and when bored, at least i find that i really dont care what people think what i write..cos i guess who dont expect any one else to read it. but this is really great.  

katztears

4: The Three R's, (Lit) RP, Reviews, & Reports (Debate/Essays/Creative Writing)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games