Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  :D
View Results

Bishielurfer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:29 pm
My views on homework differ in each class. Classes in which I understand and can apply the lessons, homework is just needless busy work. However, in my math class, for example, the homework helps me understand the concepts. So I think the effectiveness of homework relies on how much the student needs it.
It can become very stressful, particulalry projects (I despise projects with a passion). I believe there should be some kind of optional homework...you can do it and it will boost your grade if you are a poor test taker or are having trouble grasping the concept, and if you understand it and don't need to do it, it won't hurt you, or will only lower you a couple perentages.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:28 am
bluecherry

Homework is good for practice, but the only potential problem that comes up is often you can spend a long time working on an assignment having remembered lessons incorrectly and you are now working without the teacher to be able to correct you. You can end up wasting lots of time getting convinced of false information. Some things you can check for correctness on the internet, like history assignments, but you may not be able to look up things like individual math problems or have how to do them explained how you need it to easily found on the internet and perhaps the book confused you too. The only way to fix this problem really would be longer classes instead of taking work home and doing it at school, but then you have to pay for running the schools longer so....bleh.D:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My opinions have been, though not as effectively or in the same manner as I would have, stated, and my computer is about to die as well as my not having a charging cord at the moment. Therefore, all I have to say is this;
You would value a measly trillion dollars over exponentially increasing our already exponential growth of both culture and knowledge?  

Taylor_169

beccamon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:39 pm
Strix Varia
Ok, this might sound like a childish topic, but it can get very complicated.

Does homework lead to a lower score on a test?

Does is cause too much stress?

How many mins/hours should the average highschool/college student spend on homework?

And finally, post anything else to support your speech.

I like this topic. :]
I used to hate homework, but now that I'm in college, I'm finding it helps me out a lot.
I don't really see how it would lead to a lower score on a test, myself. Maybe if it was just really bad homework. razz
It can cause too much stress, if, and this leads to the next question, there is too much of the homework. I don't think students should have to spend a certain amount of time working on homework, I think homework should just be an overview of what the students worked on in class to see if they're capable of doing it on their own, because that's the really important part. If the student is having trouble doing the work on their own, the homework will show this, and then the homework can be brought in the next class for the instructor to see, and help the student.
Plus homework can also serve to be a way for students to bring up their grade, so that they have more things to be graded on than just essays, quizzes and tests.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:32 pm
stare homework sucks a**. It really does. If you don't like the subject it can be even harder. But the reality is no other time in your life will this information be provided to you free of charge, with the added benefit of someone willing to explain it to you.  

wildblackfire

11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces