Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 4: The Three R's, (Lit) RP, Reviews, & Reports (Debate/Essays/Creative Writing)
The Mystery of Edwin Drood

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  Love it!
  Haven't read it yet but it sounds good!
  Reading? Isn't that for like, smart people?
View Results

Pheochromocytoma

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:24 pm
the incomplete mystery novel by charles dickens. I had gone to see the musical version of it this weekend, and had to state what i thought of it. there is said to be many possible outcomes, but only a few which encompasses that of the entire show. a while after, i read over the script as well as the novel itself up to the point where the great man died. gimme your take on the story if you had read it, as well as your hypothesis.

Sara-ane, (I put a poll ^_^)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:26 pm
I went to see the show last night, and i must admit, they did good. no one knew the actual ending to the story though which was somewhat depressing. I however, have analyzed the facts completely and have created what i believe to be the actual ending: at princess puff's opium den, jasper mixed opium with wine to create an even more potent drink. he also took a hit, and a dream sequence took place in which he hallucinated the killing of young endwin drood. for stealing rosa from him. now, most people here would believe that thats just him dreaming, but those of us who understand what opium does to the mind would understand what it means. thoughout the story, jasper uses his concoction throughout the story: steal the key to the grave, and at the party..the one last seen with edwin was Neville Landless. he carries a knife with him that no one was smart enough to take away, and was intoduced as hot tempered and rrrrrevengeful!!!! (lightning effects). because these two were at war over rosa, jasper pushes both with his drink, and the vengeful one hallucinates what he wishes (most probably the death of drood, and the alcohol pushes the drunk to do upon his deepest desire only to forget all account of the events that took place in the convienient form of a hang over.. Before departure, Jasper reveals to us that he has plans to execute (bwahahahaha...) most likely involving the key he had stolen. The coat edwin was wearing turns up with blood stains and tares all over. only one with a knife can do that. jasper mustve taken the body and stuffed it into the crypt of the key he had stolen and played the role of the innocent bystander. i understand the crime, but i dont know the final verdict. my genius takes me only so far, but in the tradition of other dickens' classics, the conclusion of the play would involve final justice to be placed upon jasper, and the acrediting of heroism to the title of edwin drood. rosa will be alone, but happy since she had been reaquainted with princess puff (rosa's nan) and well... all's well that ends well right?  

Pheochromocytoma

zb0i

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:28 am
snapps ur rich!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:52 am
Lol, I didn't even know Dickens had done a mystery! I would have to debate pretty heavilly on whether or not I would actually read it. His works are a bit dry and hard to get through, I would be happy to see the play though!  

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

4: The Three R's, (Lit) RP, Reviews, & Reports (Debate/Essays/Creative Writing)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games