Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AFI
  LOVE THEM!!!!!!!
  Hate them >.>
  Who.....?
  I want waffles........
  I hate them and I don't like you and anyone who likes them are idiots and they are a disgrace to the music industry while I am a selfish, conceited, moron who knows nothing.....
View Results

[ ClandestineX37 ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:39 am
AFI is THE greatest band ever. Come here talk about them. Please don't flame them or anyone here and if you don't like them please give a reasonable expanation, not because you've heard that Davey and Jade are gay/bi because they're not, or because Davey looks like a girl and wears too much makeup stare  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:01 pm
I dont worship AFI, but I do worship the guys who did "Wizards in Winter" for they are gods among men as far as I'm concerned. Same thing with Pink Floyd and Radiohead and Jethro Tull and pretty much every other band I like.  

Real Horrorshow Groodies

Exodus2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:06 pm
x_AngelicKitty_x
AFI is THE greatest band ever. Come here talk about them. Please don't flame them or anyone here and if you don't like them please give a reasonable expanation, not because you've heard that Davey and Jade are gay/bi because they're not, or because Davey looks like a girl and wears too much makeup stare
they are one of those bands whos earlier stuff are better than their later stuff, silver and cold is an awesome song  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:02 am
I preffer them when they were more hardcore. I still like them now though.

ctrl zee

Tipsy Gawker

15,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ChaosGypsy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:45 pm
AFI...I definately do NOT worship them, but I appreciate some of their music.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:44 pm
Yeah, my friend's second favorite band. (They're after Green Day.) She made me listen to Days of the Phoenix like 20 zillion times. (Did I get the name right?)

Personally, I don't really care about them...I worship Green Day. Seventeen years and they still got it. wink  

Tiger in the Shadows

Original Fatcat

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200

Karvax nar Kilratha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:52 pm
Psh. I don't give two craps about AFI. There is no "greatest band ever" and will never will be.

I prefer listening to my Metal, thank you.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:22 am
Personally, Not a fan of AFI.
Miss Murder was amusing for about a week, and got annoying after that.
A lot of the bands like AFI and Green Day are waaay over-rated.
'Specially when complete n00bs go and say something like "Greenday iz lik da best guitarest evar!"...
Most fans today (I think) knew nothing of them before American Idiot, and most of that album is horribly overplayed.
Can't deny that I love Billie-Joe's voice though.
Sorry, Not all of that was AFI related.
Most of a music in general rant.

-DearlyxDemented-

+++Synysta_the_Vampire+++

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:38 pm
I see what you mean about them not being the best guitarrist and all that other crap you said, obviously Synyster Gates is the best guitarist......but anyway, YOU probably are one of those peeple that knows nothing of them urself. Their awesome, their an awesome band, and SEEM like awesome people. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:43 pm
and to Jerelkath nar Kiranka, why did you even post here? I HATE it when peeple do that, but I for one prefer metal too, but thats not ALL i listen to.  

Karvax nar Kilratha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:39 pm
and to Jerelkath nar Kiranka, why did you even post here? I HATE it when peeple do that, but I for one prefer metal too, but thats not ALL i listen to.

Bicuz iz kewl too spel lyk a ritahrd.

rolleyes

Excuse me, you bumbling scenester, but I have a right to voice my opinions, you know. The fact is, AFI aren't that good as many people think they are. They're downright boring. I could name a million other bands/artists of any genre that are twentyfold times more exciting than AFI, but I'm too lazy to post a list of them. That's a reason why I don't listen to oversaturated, whitewashed mainstream music these days: the same faceless, fundamentally one-sided and generic crap over and over again until experienced listeners like me cannot take any more of it. It's safe for me to say MTV/VH1/TRL/oh-just-about-every-corporate-teat-sucking-mainstream company is/are responsible for all this horseshit being shoved down upon all our throats ever since the late 80s. And seriously, that poll sucks. Hard.

That's typical of the majority of people who listen to such s**t music these days. Either trite pop rock/poseur punk/emo/country/nu-whatever s**t and/or equally disgusting pop/hip-hop/rap/post-1979-R&B garbage. They listen to the radio, which they think is their guide to the musical world, when in fact, no one in their right mind would stick to it and be enslaved by it, and there is much more to real talented music (most often in the underground/independent vein) than hopelessly one-sided, perpetually shallow radio-oriented bullshit that people who don't even have half a brain to care about listen to nowadays. The real one to blame for all this is the media.

You people who come here are no exception. That's a given FACT. You want to live under a ******** rock and continue to be ignorant, spitting at the faces of true, talented artists/bands who don't need exposure to the mainstream/radio? Go right ahead. Just don't blame me for your intelligence that is equivalent to that of kindergarten level. All I see is people who post the same crappy music that bring nothing new to the formula. If only people like you could be more explorative and give positive, insightful reviews to more independent, underground music, I would not be making this rant, but unfortunately, it all had to come down to this.

If you think that music revolves around the power of someone's voice, you're absolutely dead wrong. The original intent of music revolved around the power of INSTRUMENTS. Look at classical music. Look at jazz music. ******** hell, look at metal music, especially the neo-classical/shred genre. The instruments are, were, and always have been the primary focus of the music. The vocals are, were, and always have been secondary within the genres' context, and are not supposed to be the central theme of the music, as it's an absolute no-no for genres like these and they aren't meant to work that way (unless we're talking about a cappella, a literally vocals-only genre generally regarded as a complete novelty). If you really think music like that doesn't fit in for the sake of aesthetics (specifically, in the field of pop music like the gazillions of people think about in their views of music), you are an absolute idiot.

Oh, and BTW, Synyster Gates is not even close to taking the title of "Best Guitarist". Even Slash is a better guitarist than Gates and he's pretty tame as far as rock/metal guitarists go. The very one guitarist to legitimately take the honor of "Best Guitarist"? Michael Angelo Batio. There's no comparison to him at all. Not even Buckethead can make such a claim. Another shining example of how hopelessly shallow the tastes of the masses can get.

This thread is just completely ******** worthless. This is one of the reasons why I don't want to post in such forums like this anymore (especially the eternally awful Metal forum, whom I was posting there like crazy around 2004-2006 until a ******** of pseudo-intellectual ******** clogged that entire place up to the point where even some of my closest acquaintances started becoming just as odious as those 'tards and I couldn't stand it anymore. But then, just about every place here in Gaia is in a state of wanton SNAFU ever since this site was founded). Give it up, you ******** wussy poseurs. YOU'RE the ones who know nothing while I, for one, have infinitesemal knowledge of whatever GOOD stuff is out there today (and when I mean GOOD, I most certainly don't mean the one-dimensionally and fundamentally predictable crap that's meant for the radio. The same applies to movies, novels, and video games as well).

Let me put out my final sentences for this hopelessly obsolete thread/forum:

THE MAINSTREAM SUCKS. And that's a FACT since the people/companies who want to fawn over that crap don't want to expand their horizons simply because they're too scared to see/hear what true talent is really all about. There are no exceptions; no ifs or buts about it. I'd just WISH I could go back in time and kick every pregnant mother breeding two-bit ******** in their stomachs so that the human race shan't be tainted with such a despondently poisoned generation (circa pre-1990) jacking off into the gene pool. ******** cancer cells.

95% of the world's people are artistically and intellectually inept.  
52: Music is Life

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games