Submit

Does life suck?
  Yes
  No
  I cannot say
View Results

War Resistance

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:50 am
u know everything if u know u know nothing, no one on earth will know the meaning of life, i think the meaning of life is to prepare ourselves for our eternal life, to death is the beginning of life , this life is made as a test that everyone is failing horribly, during the last minutes of this test u get to go back and change ur answers and hope u pass
RizaMustang24 made an awesome point and i support her theory highly  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:23 pm
Umm... What?
This sounds highly Nihilistic, and who's to say that the lie is to say that "Life is meaningless"?
Your life may be meaningless, but mine certainly isn't.
You're the one who makes it meaningful, nothing else matters.
Who cares that we're all going to die anyway? If your focus is on death, your mind will constantly be in death. If your eyes are on the moment, then you will be in life. I choose not to believe that life is meaningless, despite what some people say.
Nietzsche may have come up with Nihilism, though he admitted later that it was a pure poisoning of the soul. (I'd rather say spirit though.) And even came up with this quote:
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Naynram Ukir

Gedral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:05 pm
You ask a profound question and then seek to downplay the question's significance. It sounds like you are conflicted by your strongly held beliefs concerning our nature (as mere animals) and our self-consciousness (which you seem to reduce to "logic").

I don't think anyone would disagree that the biological purpose or meaning of life is to procreate and then die when the moment presents itself. That is what animals do, be they insects or mammals. Our biological form is determined by the need to survive long enough to procreate.

We are not logical beings. Though we do have the ability to exercise what we call logic. But logic is just a tool. When a chimpanzee uses a stick to get bugs out of a tree to eat, he (or she) is using logic. But that can also just be considered behavioral evolution.

The kind of logic you're referring to is the questioning of our existence. While evolution was necessary to endow us with brains capable of such thoughts, it is not mere behavior. Our self-consciousness indicates that we are something special and different. I can't prove to you that it means we have "souls" any more than you can prove it's just a result of evolution. But your belief that self-consciousness is completely rooted in the physical world is not based in logic, just pure belief.

Your fatalist assumption that we're just animals belies your entire question.

Concerning your version of existence, you ask why "people are unwilling to accept this as true?" Your answer is that we constantly delude ourselves. But that is not enough. I agree that we continually act and think in ways to obscure the acceptance of "truth". But I disagree that we would all otherwise accept your way of thinking.

If we are to define existence and meaning of life only by the bounds of the physical world, then your conclusion is natural and quite "logical". But in so doing, you must treat the thinker(yourself) as an objective outsider whose own reason for asking the question is irrelevant to the answer.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:50 am
User Image
prettyprettyelly
[crushcrushcrush][i didn't pick my name][vamp][AnABellaSi]twitter

Ah, but my question is this. Do you mean life in and of itself, or human life?
Life at all, or life as we know it. I see in this world the simple explanation that Humans exist to destroy the world. It may not be right, but it is a purpose. I don't like your god or your big bang theory, but lets take them both. God farted and it happened. Took a nap. Woke up, oh s**t dinosaurs. Killed them off. Same s**t is happening now. He is waking up, and we don't even have another 100 years to play with.

prettyscarsandlies
User Image

EchoXNarci

Eloquent Lover

DK The Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:12 pm
El_Chico_de_Fuego
The meaning of life is death. The inevitability of death is more than enough evidence to prove this. The fact that we come crying from the womb, our first- ever "comfort zone", is another supporting factor. The way we try and put off death is the futile attempt all organisms have, meaning it is a universal truth. Our futile attempts to cheat death lead us down a path many have followed, a path that down the road every so often we will find a corpse or two rotting and festering on the side of the path; corpses that have died in a position similar to that of one trying to scale a cliff-face, as if to escape some cage. On this path ironically known as "life", there are only two ways "out": onward toward the "end of the path", or back to where we started. No matter which direction we choose to go at this point, both lead to the same end...

What comfort zone? For people like me, there is none... there was but no longer is there to help us. Sense then I have become nothing but angry and sad and rejected by all. I attempted suicid a few times and I am still here... where the HELL is the comfort in that?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:06 pm
i just found out my uncle is gay  

mysterious sugar

Natural Born Freak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:01 am
Well, with the whole meaning of life and such is a load of crap (to me), cause it seems like when humans think what is the meaning of life they continue going on with their life causing harm to the planet, the other species inhabbitating the planet and it's giving them no meaning. So, if the plants die, the animals die, if the animals die, we die. But add the global warming, if the ice caps continue melting (it will) we will be under water then the whole planet whipes out. Where would people go? To another planet to kill it aswell. Ok, so even if we didn't have all this factory and cars and stuff, we'd still have global warming, but not for a few thousand years at least. Estimated around a hundred years this place would be gone. There, that's the meaning of our human existance. To kill everything that we can like ignorant scums that we are. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:37 am
the meaning of life is to find a purpose for it. I think you people are reading to deeply into a simple subject. Life has no purpose but to to exist. To find a purpose in it is the real goal in it. A way to contribute to the world around you for future generations to experience it in way you couldn't but wanted to. When you die, everything you worked for in a worldly sense dies with you. Everything but the mark you left on those around you. sweatdrop  

wildblackfire

wildblackfire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:49 am
Natural Born Freak
Well, with the whole meaning of life and such is a load of crap (to me), cause it seems like when humans think what is the meaning of life they continue going on with their life causing harm to the planet, the other species inhabbitating the planet and it's giving them no meaning. So, if the plants die, the animals die, if the animals die, we die. But add the global warming, if the ice caps continue melting (it will) we will be under water then the whole planet whipes out. Where would people go? To another planet to kill it aswell. Ok, so even if we didn't have all this factory and cars and stuff, we'd still have global warming, but not for a few thousand years at least. Estimated around a hundred years this place would be gone. There, that's the meaning of our human existance. To kill everything that we can like ignorant scums that we are. neutral

Humans are the only creatures on this planet capable of a higher thinking. why would you wanna kill that off? I would agree that the current state of humanity is vulgar at best. But we aren't the only generation to exist or will ever exist on this planet. A few people may realize the problems with society now. But the entire population needs to recognize the problems first before anything can be done about them. That takes time. look how long it took for racism to be deemed unacceptable.

It wouldn't be such a big problem If it wasn't for the greedy corporations and corrupt governments. They don't want to lose their power and money, so whenever someone actually does something to help change the situation, they throw the situation into chaos. If someone recognizes the problem, the question will be what caused it. They don't want to be exposed.

Everyone is just out to gain something for themselves. No one cares about positively contributing to society or care how their actions affect the world around them. This wasn't an issue 2 or 3 generations ago. So why is it now? Simply because it's a way of thinking that's being promoted by popular culture. If you look at the majority of the problems humanity has at this point in history. They are mostly all caused by a promoted social behavior pattern. The family Unit used to be a fundamental need. So children can be molded by people who are looking in their best interests. People often underestimate the importance of this. When I say molded, you have to realize that children have no understanding of the world around them. They have no real opinion or understanding of right and wrong. These are things they don't learn through words, but through observing the actions of the people around them. And watching how people interact with each other. these fundamental understandings they can carry throughout their lives. They often determine what the child believes and how they live their lives. To them it makes perfect sense, regardless of it's seen as wrong by some. If you look at the statistics the majority of children in the western world come from broken homes. it's very difficult to raise your children if both you and your spouse have to get full time jobs just to put food on the table. So in the end society teaches them what you wanted to but didn't get the opportunity. And you won't know what they've been taught, as the majority of it isn't in actual words. That's why they call it the nanny country. All built around the Idea that if you can mold the children, you can shape them to be perfectly compliant little citizens who will accept any moral changes or changes in fundamental social thinking without question. Who would be more than happy to live their lives and let things fall apart around their ears. As long as a piece of the rubble doesn't hit them, why should they care?

The problems go deeper than "people are simply ignorant"
stare  
47: The Depression Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas