relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters
The Death Penalty Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel about the death penalty?
  I'm pro-death penalty.
  I'm against the death penalty.
  I'm not sure, it depends on the circumstances.
  Other, poll ho. :)
View Results

Light loves socks

Dangerous Conversationalist

7,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:44 pm
User Image
To Angel:

The criminally insane are ruled as such by doctors who should know what they are doing, but that is an interesting question...

What type or level of insanity deems one to be just over the line? There are those that obviously can't be held accountable for their actions, those that probably need constant attention and care, but what of those that establish "momentary insanity" in a courtroom case? I'm not really answering your question but adding to it.

Do you think that momentary insanity is legitimate cause for getting off of a serious charge?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:56 am
I believe that if a man/woman came and killed another human being they should suffer the same exact fate. why should we pay for criminals to stay behind bars forever letting them have free meals, a roof , and social activity with others. some will kill just so they can be in jail. I say that they serve a certain amount of time (1-5 years in jail) then be executed in any manner. They say its inhuman for certain deaths. but did that killer be inhuman raping then killing that mother of 3? right in front of her own kids. no. that amount of time in jail can give them enough time to gather up facts. if nothing shows up between that time they die. If a couple days later they find out they were innocent. i know this sounds harsh but oh well nothing they can do. they had plenty of time to find anything out. thats how i think it should be. an eye for an eye.  

Bloody Laughs

Count_Vladislos_Draculia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:23 pm
I agree with the death penalty, but not with most ways it's done. It shouldn't be such a big deal, nor should it be so expensive. They're killing someone who earned it(ideally, anyway).
Some would refer to what big peace people such as Gandhi said "An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind." but it would not actually be revenge if done for the right reasons. It would be justice, and there is a big difference in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:47 pm
Pro.

Just so long as there is DNA evidence that links the person to the crime, and so long as they get the death penalty fast. None of this 10-year waiting BS anymore.

Or last meals. We need to get rid of those, too. They're criminals and put on death row for a reason - we shouldn't treat them like anything but criminals.

I've discussed the topic with my boyfriend's parents, who think criminals shouldn't be put to death, but should be put to work. Labor. Hard work to get stuff done. Can't say I disagree. That wouldn't be so bad, either....
ninja  

Tasty Crayons

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:15 pm
I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

I didn't go to the link. I'm not sure what I think of the death penalty. I don't like it, of course. Some people are either born or just so morphed into craziness that freeing them isn't an option, and most people don't want to live their life in a jail cell. So I don't know. I think it's evil, but also in a way necessary. I'd outlaw it if I could, but I can't think of a better option. Maybe there could be some place that's impossible to get out of where all the evil criminals who are way past the recovery possibility could go. Then they couldn't do any more damage, but we wouldn't be evil by killing them. Idk.

Mischief managed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:15 pm
Well, I guess it all really depends on the circumstances.

For example, you accidentally hit a car and killed the driver (drunk, not drunk, doesn't matter), maybe not the death penalty, but still punishment.

If you murdered someone and their is absolute proof (DNA, they admitted it, whatever), it's still a little iffy.

But if you murdered more than one person with absolute proof, just kill them. Obviously, they'll do it again and we don't need to be filling our prisons with them and keeping them alive with our taxes.

And if they're in prison for life, it's probably best to just kill them off, it would be more humane.

Not just killing someone though, if they are completely deranged and have made numerous attempts (admitted it and have absolute proof), they should go as well since they've made it obvious that they want to do it.

But, I would want their death to be humane (as much as their victim's weren't and they probably deserve worse), like the lethal injection where they just fall asleep and never wake up, or firing ranges (as long as it's to the heart or head).  

demon child me

7,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

kristine_chervy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:30 pm
I'm not sure, it depends on the circumstances  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:14 am
Actually, I think the death penalty is a good idea. Most of the people who commit crimes like that deserve it. Not an accidental killing, or a killing to defend yourself. Or if someone was huting you and you killed them. I probably wouldn't even think they should be jailed for that. What I mean as okay for the death punishment is mass murders. Someone who killed and enjoyed it. Someone who raped and killed another human. Yes some are actually a product of their enviroments, and are completely off their rocker. Crazy people still have some sense of right and wrong, just in a different perspective then yours. With Alzheimers, you lose a part of yourself. You are wherever you think you are, and you cannot be pulled back into the present. I think it probably is the same way in a different way. They still believe they are back at the place where they where hurt. They kill people who look or act like their abuser.  

slowik7699

Quotable Genius

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Mike Sama the Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:42 am
shadow_alchemist92
its pretty simple in my opinion. "you kill someone, we'll kill you back" -Ron White. i couldnt have said it better mehself

I share the same opinion as you, if one person knows that by killing he shall be killed, then he shall choose not to, or not but that depends.

Plus, one cannot say it depends on the cases because when a persons is given a death penalty, it's because he did something awfuly bad.

People often say no , some of them say noone has the right to take away the life of others, but think on this example:

Let's say you have a son, your son gets raped and killed by a man who's done this to other children, now doesn't that make you wonder?  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:01 pm
I am all for the death penalty as punishment for proven guilt However I can't support it due to the unfair judicial system currently inplace in the United States  

random bumblebee

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

omgdude177

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:43 pm
shadow_alchemist92
its pretty simple in my opinion. "you kill someone, we'll kill you back" -Ron White. i couldnt have said it better mehself

it is true but if they kill someone it should be fast and painless and a fair trial  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff