Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters
The Disposable Dimention // The New Way of Travel!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I ate your Sex

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:08 pm
In all seriousness...
I was watching a commercial advertising a new disposable product after I read half a book on the physical possibilities of time travel.. then I had this farfetched nearly practical Idea:

A world where Spacial Dimensions are made as commonly as cars.

[more correctly, The Idea came back...I had this Idea when I was about 9 while watching a string theory video, but lets not get into that... sweatdrop ]

Now, It is my own belief that a dimension can be expanded (or under some circumstances "made") by physical force(s) on their own accord.
According to string threory, there are supposedly (11) or more dimentions locked up in the crevases of energy strings. What if some how we could open the 3 precise dimensions on top of each other in a way that would create a separate, if not, linkable verse with its own rules for time.

I know, I know, Alot of this is "fuzzy"
But the possibilities of this are endless!
What if, while entering this new verse, moving one inch and re-entering our own verse would move you one mile?
Or perhaps and hour put into one nano second!

I think this is possible under the right conditions.
Discuss:

EDIT:Well, as described, I would Only wrap 3 spatial dimensions around.
That would recreate a similar world to our own, and in theory {at least mine} we would still abide by the same time laws.

Now as for the spatial features, in hope, they would be distorted compared to our own.
If we are lucky, they would be distorted in a way that makes a small distance traveled there a farther distance traveled here.
Some might argue that if the space time fabric is connected to our own at the cooresponding points, then any distance "felt" traveled there, would be equal here, so no gain is made.

Thats where the heavy massed shell comes in.
As far as I understand if you could build a shell around you that is about 3m wide with the same mass as jupider, space time fabric around the shell would be distorted while, you, on the inside would remain in the space time fabric at the time the shell was built. Now imagine opening that distorted dimension, and entering it in a shell much larger. You could travel in your own spacetime fabric, and your distance would be that much farther. To re-enter your world at the new point, you would need to pass though both sets of dimensions, because you would have dragged part of your verse with you while traveling.

this could also work the other way if you don't mind detroying a few galaxies due to long-term exposure to such a great mass xd  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:15 pm
O_o
Say what? I am so confused.
Hmm, that reminds me of a book I read, Timeline, by Michael Crichton. It's about time travel, quantum physics, alternate universes. Amazing book. Everyone must read Timeline!  

fantasier_xp

EJ_Nova

Tactical Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:42 pm
Have you ever played any of the Myst series of games? The series follows a similar concept.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:56 pm
The fact that we are still here and history haven't change prove that time travel is not possible. In my theory, time travel is inter-parrallel-universe travel. The things you change there will only effect that universe and not the universe that you are from. There are countless parrallel universe, some are only different by the smallest unit of time or space, smaller than anything we can imagine. Either that or we are actually only A.I. in a reality game like SIM.  

Aurora_Dance

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

solo-tigger1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:47 am
i was watching the dicovery channel one day, they were talking about time and space, it is possible to make a time portal to pass through, but it would only last for a couple of seconds and then collapise on u before u even enter, another thing to take in to acount is the fact of the time portal, not being stable, so we can not control it, so u could end up anywhere, in any time, if u go back in time, things might not happen or different things might happen, if u go to the future, u might b in a major shock from the fact of it being so advanced, and complex, u might not b able to come back( if u can make the portal last long enough), which could change the future u just went to. If people have gone to the past, no ne would very know because the time has changed, and no one would believe that person. And there for the person would go insane. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:54 am
possibly, im a little confused as to what you mean but i think i get the just of it. from my knowledge of the universe (all that ive seen on discovery channel, which is alot) i would have to say it is a genuine possibility, and perhaps someday man will figure out a way to do it, i know that weve created antimatter and i know weve studied methods to go about 1/2 the speed of light (SoL=about 386,000 mps)i think. anyway, i think if your idea is incorrect,(not to put down a seamingly reasonable theorum.) that warp speed would serve the same purpose, and not bye creating another domension but by worping those that we already have, to the best of my knowledge, (dont hold it to me) you could describe warp as well... take a piece of paper and fold it in half, in the middle of each half place a dot, then fold it in on itself until the dots are close or touching, you see, warp isnt about traveling from point a to point b faster, its about bringing them closer together.well actually this is entirly speculation, i seem to recall hearing something like it before though....  

noob2deth

noob2deth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:57 am
now that i think of it the warping of space would also account for the slowing down of time, as you approach light speed. again this is all purely speculation, i suggest you not sight me as a resource because the only proof i have is a history of watching discovery channel and a non-photographic memory.  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games