Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hangout with science?
  Ya TOTALLY!!!!
View Results

Kahalm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:16 am
Not only have I MET Bill Nye, but I have also been on the show. Yeah, I know, how totally awsome!

I was one of the kids in the lab at the beginning of the episodes. Actrually I was on the last episode (100th and last) about motion. If you have seen that episode, at the beginning bil walks across a platform. My younger brother walks RIGHT infrount of the cammera, spinning a globe. Then Bill trips off the platform and then moves over to a TV where he shows you what happened eariler from a different angle. Im the kid who was pushing the TV and hands it off to bill. You dont really get a good shot of me, just a bit of my head and side of my face. BUT STILL!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:36 pm
Kahalm
Not only have I MET Bill Nye, but I have also been on the show. Yeah, I know, how totally awsome!

I was one of the kids in the lab at the beginning of the episodes. Actrually I was on the last episode (100th and last) about motion. If you have seen that episode, at the beginning bil walks across a platform. My younger brother walks RIGHT infrount of the cammera, spinning a globe. Then Bill trips off the platform and then moves over to a TV where he shows you what happened eariler from a different angle. Im the kid who was pushing the TV and hands it off to bill. You dont really get a good shot of me, just a bit of my head and side of my face. BUT STILL!!!

OMG!!! THAT'S SO AWESOME!!! ^_^ So lucky!

... so tell me about Bill Nye? Is he a nice guy in person?  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150

Kahalm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:01 pm
Yeah, hes a good guy all in all. I mean, I didnt get to spend to much time actrually talking with him. They had staff to work with the kids (me at the time, mind you it was some 8 years ago) whom I talked more with. Although Bill was very strong with his work ethic, That thirty second shot took 4 hours in filming. Bill got it right just about the first shot, however he constantly tryed fiddiling with the scrypt and trying to get it right. He was very serious with it... Now that could be because it was the last show, so he was DETERMINED to get it right. But he put an awful lot of time in for just a kids show...

I also got an autograph =D  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:31 pm
Kahalm
Yeah, hes a good guy all in all. I mean, I didnt get to spend to much time actrually talking with him. They had staff to work with the kids (me at the time, mind you it was some 8 years ago) whom I talked more with. Although Bill was very strong with his work ethic, That thirty second shot took 4 hours in filming. Bill got it right just about the first shot, however he constantly tryed fiddiling with the scrypt and trying to get it right. He was very serious with it... Now that could be because it was the last show, so he was DETERMINED to get it right. But he put an awful lot of time in for just a kids show...

I also got an autograph =D
Thats good to hear that he is nice an takes pride in his work something others should think about. very nice you got to meet him, hw did you get on his how to start with?  

UF6

Kahalm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:41 pm
Well, usually the kids in the background are often just the shows staffs own kids, relitives, or friends... But as you can immagine that pool of kids began to run slim over 100 shows. So One of the staff members wifes worked with my dad and asked him wether me and my brothers would be interested in doing the show... I just about died when I heard...

Then again that wasnt the only show I had been on (as far as well known things). I won a contest later that same year to be a "JR. Broadcaster" for a mariners game. I actrually have the picture of me with Rick Riz and Dave Niehouse (The Mariners sportscasters for radio) above my computer right now. It was only for one inning, and I really didnt say much, but it still was cool... so any baseball fans out there razz (im not really one anymore mind you).  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:38 pm
Kahalm
Well, usually the kids in the background are often just the shows staffs own kids, relitives, or friends... But as you can immagine that pool of kids began to run slim over 100 shows. So One of the staff members wifes worked with my dad and asked him wether me and my brothers would be interested in doing the show... I just about died when I heard...

Then again that wasnt the only show I had been on (as far as well known things). I won a contest later that same year to be a "JR. Broadcaster" for a mariners game. I actrually have the picture of me with Rick Riz and Dave Niehouse (The Mariners sportscasters for radio) above my computer right now. It was only for one inning, and I really didnt say much, but it still was cool... so any baseball fans out there razz (im not really one anymore mind you).
That's still cool that you could be on the show. Do you have any idea why it died? I'm a Red Socks fan, its good to hear your not,"Them".  

UF6

Seanchaidh

Aged Explorer

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:09 pm
You know, I don't think I've ever heard of Bill Nye. Is he American?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:50 pm
Seanchaidh
What country are you from?  

UF6

soviet-endlesswaltz

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:17 pm
I grew up with bill nye. he is awsome.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:37 am
soviet-endlesswaltz
I grew up with bill nye. he is awesome.
He was at my college April 8th lecturing about science in the publics eye.  

UF6

Seanchaidh

Aged Explorer

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:13 am
Steven Hawkings
Seanchaidh

Scotland.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:23 pm
hey pplz know science is my fav. subjects i always get d high grades in science i like that subject cause i like doin experiments like this:

combining an cold alcohol to a cold cologne becomes an ice do you believe that its so cool and when you do it wrong it explodes or just stay there and do nothin no explosion no movin but its not frozen okay cause i said that i when u do it wrong right okay

WARNING biggrin ONT MAKE THAT AT HOME U SHOULD ONLY MAKE THAT IN SCIENCE LABORATORY!DONT DO IT WHILE A CHILD IS WATCHIN THEY MIGHT GET HURT BY THE CHEMICHALS! cool cool ninja  

Xx_magician_of_light_xX

UF6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:18 pm
Seanchaidh
Steven Hawkings
Seanchaidh

Scotland.
Ah, that is why. Well he mainly known in the United States and Canada.  
72: Science & Astronomy Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff