Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 24: RP spa
G Blades, Dark Halos, and how they may affect Gaia.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheTantrum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:21 am
Discuss the new donation items and how they may affect things on Gaia (avatars, Avatar Arena, Angelic Halos, economy...).

---

I see absolutely no good in the G Blade. It was definitely a rip from Kingdom Hearts, and I can expect many people to have cosplays of Sora in next week's Avatar Arena. Plus, the sword is blocky, at best. I couldn't stand holding it.

The Dark Halo is also an item that rips off ideas from other items, like the Devil Tail, Horns, NM Bustier, and the like. This might affect prices in the short run, but I don't think the effects of this would be very long lasting. Expect to see many black and purple avatars in the Avatar Arena next week. The Dark Halo may have just made Black and Purple about as overused as Black and Red.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:39 pm
This new dark halo item is actually pretty sweet with all the ways you can wear it, I peronally this the sword sucks, it's just a copy of another sword I hate. There are not near as many of them in the market as other recent donation releases so i think that people will have made a lot of gold selling them, and i do expect to see more demon sets on people...  

JackTheTulip

Exhibitionist

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:59 pm
User Image
To be honest. This months donation item made me sick.
With the dark halo we got nightmare bustier, horns, d-tail and halo replacements, thus lowering prices. BUT is good in a way cause i always wanted a d-tail but it makes the items less special.

The g-blade. ... I can see it opening a whole new box on gaia. Item ripped from animes. I honestly prefer gaia have a bit more unique items and lets face it the G-Key is recognized in seconds. Even the avi posing for this donate item was a sora cos play.

This week I see many KH cos-plays.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:54 pm
You'll probably see like more lesser devil avatars because the the dark tail and dark halo replace the demon horns and devil tail.  

[.Valerie.]

ZeoSaturn

1,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:42 am
TheTantrum
Discuss the new donation items and how they may affect things on Gaia (avatars, Avatar Arena, Angelic Halos, economy...).

---

I see absolutely no good in the G Blade. It was definitely a rip from Kingdom Hearts, and I can expect many people to have cosplays of Sora in next week's Avatar Arena. Plus, the sword is blocky, at best. I couldn't stand holding it.

The Dark Halo is also an item that rips off ideas from other items, like the Devil Tail, Horns, NM Bustier, and the like. This might affect prices in the short run, but I don't think the effects of this would be very long lasting. Expect to see many black and purple avatars in the Avatar Arena next week. The Dark Halo may have just made Black and Purple about as overused as Black and Red.

I totally agree with you. The G Blade is cool and all but too many people are going to be imitating Sora. I wish with the G Blade that you could put it on your back. The only way you can use it is to hold it.

I like the Dark Halo though. I know that it adds to the black outfits but it is fun with all the ways you can put it on.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:43 am
I am going to be using G Blade, and trust me I can use it without cosplaying.
I don't think Sora is a flame spitting, red chained phoenix. I can say that much.
The G Blade makes a great hero item for an avvie.
Remember how people hated the CN scarf?
The demonic halo is going to be extremely expensive in my view in the year 2k7 because of rich noobs (sounds like an oxymoron) who don't know how cheap it should be.  

FlamingChihuahua

DrakeWurrum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:49 am
I'm using G Blades without a cosplay. O.o

I consider these swords more to my liking than any of the others that I've seen.

And as for the dark halo making certain items cheaper...is that really such a bad thing? You're thinking too much of the gold you'd make from selling it. It makes the items more available to people, which is always a good thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:42 pm
Black and purple is always good. I used to think I was the only one who liked the combo. And there's more than one way to wear the halo so it depends. But last month's items were cooler.  

calamari_chicken_seed

Pete Wentz`

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:09 am
ARGH. I only got the Dark Halo for the tail.
I swear on it. I absolutely HATE the GBlade and honestly, the other forms of the Dark Halo suck. D:
Also, I hated how prices for the donation items started out at like, 10k. What the ********, Gaia.

@flaming: Still, the Gblade in ANY avatar looks cheap and ridiculous, cosplay or not.
@tantrum: I seriously hope dTail prices go down. ;-; Let there be one good thing in this donation item. I think that was Gaia's intention, anyway, like with the chain of command thing.

24: RP spa

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games