Yaone
  The Merciful Goddess
  Someone TMW forgot
View Results

Random Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:04 am
themadwriter
Calieth
Goku rocks socks. Can't wait until I got the costume. hehe And TMW, when you go as Sonzo, I'm going to shred that paper fan. domokun
You wish you stupid monkey! I'm so sad we watched the rest of it today! hakkai girl get Reload and Gunlock asap!

oh. i warn you right now. DONT WATCH RELOAD IN ENGLISH!!!!! It makes my ears bleed!!!! Anyway, I love them all really and i love how Lirin is also attached to Sanzo. It's so cute and funny. I also love Hakkai and Gojyo (especially together). and Goku is cool too.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:17 pm
Random Phoenix
themadwriter
Calieth
Goku rocks socks. Can't wait until I got the costume. hehe And TMW, when you go as Sonzo, I'm going to shred that paper fan. domokun
You wish you stupid monkey! I'm so sad we watched the rest of it today! hakkai girl get Reload and Gunlock asap!

oh. i warn you right now. DONT WATCH RELOAD IN ENGLISH!!!!! It makes my ears bleed!!!! Anyway, I love them all really and i love how Lirin is also attached to Sanzo. It's so cute and funny. I also love Hakkai and Gojyo (especially together). and Goku is cool too.
We learned that the hard way dear. Five minutes was enough to send us screaming into the night. We watched the movie to help clear our brain. Bad Reload!  

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

DoktorJackal

Lonely Phantom

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:47 am
My favs are Sanzo, Gojyo, Hakkai and Kogaji just cause they're cool. Goku's annoying but I like him when he's not wearing his limiter. He's better that way. Lirin is annoying and so is Yaone. I like the Doctor that serves Kogaji's step mum. He's cool and has a BUNNY! I like how Hakuryu can turn into a jeep!
I cried when I watched the movie

It was so sad. All that guy wanted was for Sanzo to accept him and make him a part of the team and he had to die cause the talsiman thing was making him nutso. All he wanted was to serve Sanzo and he never got the chance. He went to all that trouble and he had to die. It was so sad.[/SPOLIER]

I also hate the series ending, cause it didn't really end. They just kept going west! Well at least there are more series.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:38 pm
Hakki's my favorite person!!!
He's so kind and caring!! Hakuryu, the dragon/jeep, and Hakki look so cool together. I like the episode where they had to play cards to see who was going to sleep on the bed and who was going to on the floor!!! Hakuryu was so cute holding the cards!!!! I loved it when he and Hakki showed there cards!!! rofl  

Besulalea

Cheery Visionary

15,025 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cheerbringer 100

Besulalea

Cheery Visionary

15,025 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:42 pm
JackalGod
I like the Doctor that serves Kogaji's step mum. He's cool and has a BUNNY!

That Doctor is an unforgetable character!!! He had such an interesting voice and ALWAYS had that bunny around with him!!! That sorta creeped me out, but made him all the more.... him... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:41 pm
Ni Jianyi is a sick sycopathic moron that gave Kami-sama the ability to turn souls into toys. I'd bet anything that Ni's bunny that you like so much is likely to be someone he killed... btw, the anime is a rotten piece of trash.  

Khait Khepri

Khait Khepri

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:21 pm
Also, here's a few tips on the manga and the anime:

1. The manga was done by Katsuya Minekura.
2. The anime was done by someone else that had no concept of Minekura-sama's original plotline. They deviated after the fourth manga and added a character that I detest personally (Homura & lackeys).
3. Every fanfiction I've come across dealing with Saiyuki is a load of bullshit. When one pair is gay... every gay pairing happens...

I have more, but it'll have to wait.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:46 am
Ahm... I think... I liked Hakkai. He was real cool.  

Snarkeh

szulikk

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:13 am
I saw some episodes on youtube. It looked really good but then my speakers broke so I had no idea what was happening sad  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:08 am
Sanzo is pretty hot.
I like it when he gets pissed with the others.
I also like the opening theme and ending theme.

Akani Sakurazaki

Aged Member

3,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

yay_caffeine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:34 pm
Saiyuki is my favorite anime and manga. My friends and I got hooked on it about 3 years ago and still have marathons (our last one was about 6 hours but we can watch anime till our eyes bleed). Has anyone finished watching Gunlock yet?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:56 am
themadwriter
So my friends and I tried to watch Reload last week after a Saiyuki marathon. We could not watch 5 minutes of the damn thing! The opening theme sucked and the new voices all sounded the same. My ears were bleeding! Seriously, it should have been the responsibility of ADV to license Reload and Gunlock or for Geneon to hire the original English voice actors. Damn the devils!

First let me say-- Hakkai is my favorite-- he's just an all around kick-a** character who really lets it rip when he needs to. Something about those quiet ones...

And now- as I have found out from Greg Ayres himself [he is the voice of Goku for Gensoumaden Saiyuki for those who didn't know]- at a convention a couple of years ago...

It was not the fault of ADV Films that they did not get to license Reload or Reload: Gunlock. It is not even the responsibility of the previous dubbing company to gain a title unless it is presented as an openly available one- meaning it's up for grabs by anyone.

Studio Dentsu in Japan was originally sponsored by Geneon [which is the company that transformed/bought out Pioneer] and because of this sponsorship, Dentsu offered Gensoumaden Saiyuki to Geneon FIRST.

Geneon turned it down- making Saiyuki a free agent- and ADV smartly snagged it, turning it into the phenom that we all know and love.

HOWEVER- given the success and popularity of the series that Geneon originally turned a cold shoulder to, when Reload came about and Dentsu once more offered it first to their sponsor- Geneon TOOK IT and Gunlock, leaving ADV Films with only Saiyuki: Requiem to accompany their fantastic work with Gensoumaden...

Thus arose the question of voice talents- Geneon stated they 'Had no intentions of using the original voice actors'.
When complaints were lodged, the story quickly changed into 'We were unable to get the original voices from Gensoumaden for Reload and Gunlock.'

stare Major bullshit. Greg had stated at the panel preceeding my impromptu conversation [in which I had learned all of this information] that they had worked hard on the anime and really came to love their characters- given that Son Goku is one of his absolute FAVORITES, why would he have turned down the chance to CONTINUE working on this show?

Geneon tried to cover their own a** when the flaming from the fans got too high- I'm not at all happy with the new voices- they just don't have it down.

Hakkai sounds like a child molester now [his voice is the man who voices Kadaj in FFVII: Advent Children...come on, now..great as Kadaj, but Hakkai isn't supposed to sound CREEPY]

Goku sounds like a hick.
Gojyo doesn't sound right at all in any respects..
Lex Lang is an alright VA, but as Sanzo it just doesn't do it for me. He was better as Sanosuke in Rurouni Kenshin.

I bet Geneon is kicking themselves now- I constantly see sales for Saiyuki box sets- they probably aren't selling too well. I give Kudos to ADV Films for choosing the actors they had to sound so very similar to the Japanese seiyuu [I have imports, I didn't dare buy anything from Geneon- I watched my very brave friend buy volume 1 and we shuddered in horror together].

So there you have it.
No blaming ADV for not taking responsibility- that's just not gonna fly with me.

If it's any consolation- Minekura has stated she has one more leg of Saiyuki to do, and perhaps a second movie- so there is hope that ADV will pick these up in the future biggrin  

Quincy_Archer_Hates_You

Quincy_Archer_Hates_You

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:04 am
Jippu
Also, here's a few tips on the manga and the anime:

1. The manga was done by Katsuya Minekura.
2. The anime was done by someone else that had no concept of Minekura-sama's original plotline. They deviated after the fourth manga and added a character that I detest personally (Homura & lackeys).
3. Every fanfiction I've come across dealing with Saiyuki is a load of bullshit. When one pair is gay... every gay pairing happens...

I have more, but it'll have to wait.

1- The manga was done by Kazuya Minekura [I'm not patronizing anyone, I just think that an excellent manga-ka deserves to have her name correctly spelled, that's all]

I'm afraid you're mistaken about the second point you made =)

The anime deviated because at that point, the manga wasn't caught up yet- Minekura's name is in the credits- she must approve all characters/episodes before they are completed. Come on now, this is HER work. Because the manga was not that far along, and the anime couldn't just come to a standstill, the animators created the 'Homura' story arc- which when you think of it as a needed filler, was not a terrible story arc whatsoever. It could have been more detailed, but hey, stuff happens.

Reload picks up with where the manga continues, and it's not as deviated. Sure, there are filler episodes, but a lot of it is in the manga as story shorts as well, so it's not just all made up on the animators' part.

And if you'd like some good Saiyuki fanfiction [not all of it is lame, or yaoi, you know haha] Click on this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/334561/

It's my account on fanfiction.net [yeah, I'm a girl, big deal- I love Ishida *shrug*] I have a few fics there that may change your mind. May. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I think I'm not half bad *toot*  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:45 am
heck, they're all freakin' hot! *drool* heart blaugh 3nodding  

Blackmetal angel-Xiaumei-

Sparkly Regular

6,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nicht Heilig

Durem Traveler

13,550 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Tax Evader 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:12 am
Saiyuki is pretty cool, I saw a boxset for it the other day, but I didn't have a way to play it. Now I do and I can't find it crying ...How many seasons does the original have?  
27: Anime/Manga Corner

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff