viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 6:21 pm
Private RP
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 7:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. What had gotten into the world lately? It seemed as if everyone was trying to go everywhere all the time, never taking a moment to stop and appreciate life.

Granted, he took more breaks than most. At least, that's what he'd been told. Honestly, it wasn't his fault that the heat knocked him out fast, it had all to do with his genetics. You know, both of his parents resided in colder climates, so clearly it was...genetic. Yeah. That was it.

It had nothing to do with the fact he was feeling under the weather, as he always did around this time of year. Not only the heat, but allergies. Allergies were able to bring him down when arena opponents did not. He was undefeated.

In the arena, he reigned. He never knew defeat. His early training, when he fought with his bretheren, stood him in good stead. There was the tenacity with which he clung to the earth. No one could make him lose his footing. This was the favorite trick of most opponents—to rush in upon him, either directly or with an unexpected swerve, in the hope of striking his shoulder and overthrowing him. All tried it on him, and all failed. He was never known to lose his footing. Onlookers in the arena told this to one another, and looked each time to see it happen.

But Torment always disappointed them.

This wasn't the arena. This was the Outside. And in the Outside he was brought low by something as....simple as...allergies.

Which brought him to his current predicament.

Laying outside of his home like a useless lump, Torment kept his eyes peeled the best he could while suffering for passersby. He couldn't stand making the trip to the riverbed to see if there were any of the mushrooms left to make the tea that made him feel better at the moment. His only hope was to hope someone was making a stroll through and past his cavern that he could ask, nicely, to please see about bringing him some.

The first soquili he tried had run from him in fear.

Damn his horns. Or his tail. Or his teeth? Well, he wasn't sure which of his features was the culprit, usually it was because he towered over literally every other being he met. This time though, he was laying down, clearly not really a threat? Surely there would be someone who didn't want to turn tail and run the moment he spoke? Drew himself to full height?

"This may be harder than expected, Pinky..." He sighed to the singular object he decorated the outside of his cave with; A battered, but cared for, plastic pink lawn flamingo.

Pinky simply stared back at his with half-scratched off painted black eyes.

Torment chuckled.

"You do know what to say, every time." Yes, he was perfectly aware that the thing was an inanimate object, thank you VERY much.

[488]  

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 8:17 pm
Lumine traveled far in search of new caves, merely to explore, rather than to inhabit. It proved as a means to get his bearing of the land. Most would map out the lay of the land to get a sense of the area. He however, needed to know where all the caves lay, to make a map in his mind. Looking at the terrain, the form of hills, rivers, all were clues to looking for caves. Climbing carefully down a gorge, and into a low lying area, he followed it along.

Not only did he find a cave, but perhaps it's gate keeper, laying outside. Adjusting his shoulder, with his axe strapped to it, he carefully inspected them. Being that he isn't accustomed to the fear that comes with horns or a spade tail, he didn't question their appearance. Where he is from, it is archaic to judge someone by their look. Until given reason to be a threat. Lumine could hold his own if there is a threat.

"Excuse me, are you alright?" he said in a gentle timber, leaning his neck down to one side, to try and look at their eyes. Something definitely seemed off. Perhaps they needed water? It was a little hot this week.  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 8:23 pm
Hot. Hot, hot, hot HOT. It was hot, that was all he could think of, was hot! The more he waited, the more he felt like a useless lump. It was just another day in the forest, yes, but he was ready to throw in the towel and howl for help! Surely someone with a wolf familiar would be nearby, surely he--

Finally! A voice! Someone approaching!

A Savior!

Sitting himself up just enough to look at the one that approached, Torment did his best to smile without his oni-like fangs scaring them away. HOPEFULLY.

"Oh, thank the-- Listen, please...Please don't run." He begged, keeping his voice as low as possible. "I- I need help. I can't..." It was so hot he knew he needed to make it inside as soon as possible. "By the river. There are some mushrooms. If you can- I promise to make you a meal in return, i-"

The sneeze he let out was violent. And snotty. And, thankfully, he had the thought to turn his head so that his guest wouldn't become collateral damage.

[180]  

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 8:28 pm
Lumine narrowed his green eyes. He had no intention of running.

"Please, hold on. I will get you what you need, and return in a flash." He started to move, then called back. "I'm only running to return quickly, not to run away!" he said as he darted away, fast as his hooves could carry hiim.

Happening upon the river, he didn't see the mushrooms right away. His cave had oyster mushrooms, but he wasn't sure what they would like like by the river. After a moment that felt like far too long, he spotted them. Picking as many as he could, he placed them between his axe and crystals, and swiftly headed back to the cave.

"I am coming back! Do not be alarmed!" he called out when close, not wanting to further stress them out. "Here, here, I hope these are it." he said calmly as he rained them all down. "Please, how can I help further?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 8:32 pm
It was with a huff of gratitude that Torment hauled himself up finally.

"Here, come." He flicked his tail, beckoning.

Despite the cave being his, he still had to bend somewhat to enter, the roof of the entry tunnel showing gouges where he'd not bent down enough, his horns scraping. Thankfully, this time, he was careful.

Leading the way for his guest, balls of starlight-like luminescence now shimmering around his body, Torment led the way deeper into his abode.

And what an abode it was.

The cavern within was humongous- nearly an ecosystem itself! Green, tender grass with a smattering of flowers shining with bioluminescence felt so good beneath his paws. Crystals lining the cavers walls shared their space with mushrooms of many different kinds, none the same as those fetched from the riverside, however. It was the closest thing to a pagoda in the middle, a shelter, a bed to rival those of royals. Beside it, what could only be described as a patio-like space, with a table and sitting hedges with a teapot, cups, and... Well, it was a nice little spot.

"A typical summer's day I'm afraid..." He grunted as she took the mushrooms gratefully, beginning to tea-making while also removing what looked like a basket full of delicious nibbles to offer to his guest.

"You may well have saved me. Now." One the tea was steeped, he offered both the nibbles and the tea to his guest.

"What uh...What's your favorite flower?"

It was a heck of a conversation from there on.

[FIN]  

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers