[E-PRP] A Tranquil Breeze [Lotus x Narumi] DONE

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 5:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is a PRP between Inari Miko/Abe no Mizuki's Lotus and Lunadriel's Narumi.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 7:15 pm
Lotus, with Hawthoria nearby to act as his "seeing-eye" tortoise, was busy in the wildflower meadow. It was a project of his, to see if certain flowers would thrive better if left to grow on their own without any help. What he could see of it, the meadow did seem to be doing fairly well. A myriad array of colors peppered the area while a gentle aroma wafted through the air. But something seemed to be lacking... Decorations, perhaps? In case other Flock members wished to take a stroll through the meadow. But what would catch their eye and be pleasing to see? Cute little figures, maybe... Turning around, he headed down the memorized path to the river.

"Where are we going?" Hawthoria asked.

"To the river; I'll need some clay to shape into something. And once they're dried, maybe we could ask around if anyone has some paint they'd be willing to part with." Lotus replied.

(( WC: 157 ))  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 7:40 pm
Narumi looked at her supplies of paint. Several new colors sat beckoning for use. The blue hues had yielded a batch with a shiny glint to them, that really sparkled in the sunlight. Picking up a spare jar, Narumi carefully places it in her basket. It should be great for trade! She also grabs one of her reds, and an earthy green. Pondering if that would be enough, she adds a chanterelle mushroom. In the basket is already a few empty jars, that she will fill with fresh, clean water. Water for tea, or to clean her brushes. Whatever the need Using one of her tails, she snakes it around the basket in a furry embrace. It serves well to carry the holder of tradable things.

Narumi doesn't even have to think on what to trade for. Her muse already spinning and weaving in her mind, with what to search for: flowers. Perhaps one with a shape like the stars, to dip in her scintillating new blue paint. A dandelion? That might work. Then she could make some sun brewed tea with it as well! Any leftover bits could be a snack.

Humming in agreement with her idea, she heads to one of the flower traders. Upon arrival though, she notes his absence. To the river then, and she shall come back to see if he's here after she fills her water jars. Unawares that the flock-mate she sought, had headed to the same destination!

WC: 245  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:57 pm
Once at the water's edge, he carefully began to poke the soil for the right consistency he was after. He only hoped he was able to craft the little creatures called "garden gnomes" he'd heard about. Maybe make some whimsical ones that had mushrooms as homes. But would that really fit in with a wildflower meadow? Gently placing a few lumps of clay he'd found onto Hawthoria's shell, he heard movement behind him and turned slowly. The scent of the water, and freshly-disturbed earth, made it hard for him to tell who was approaching based on their scent alone. Fortunately, his familiar was able to recognize the mare heading their way.

"Greetings, Lady Narumi." Hawthoria said.

"You honor us with your presence; is there anything we can assist you with?" Lotus asked, bowing his head respectfully toward the mare.

(( WC: 139 ))  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 4:57 pm
Narumi steps softly, following the path that leads to the river. The Flock is such a busy area, but this side of the nest is a more remote. She only see's one other along her way, giving a small blink of her eyes in greeting.

Recalling that Lotus doesn't have the best eyesight, Narumi clears her throat as she gets closer. To announce her presence, and not startle him. Not that she's the most stealthy fox, her claws clicking along the path.

"Good day to you both." she says, definitely forgetting Lotus' companions name. A plant of sorts, but she could more easily remember flower names. Which is why she recalled Lotus' name with ease. She returns the bow from him, with a slow blink. "I would like to look at your flowers. Maybe some dandelion or salsify, if you have either? Or both?"

Walking to his side, she looks at his haul, and grabs a jar. Making busy at the river with filing her vessels. "What is it you are making? Is that clay?" she asks, interest peaked.

WC: 179  
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 8:17 pm
Lotus tilted his head, trying to remember if he had any salsify. It was certainly possible, if it was in the mix of wildflower seeds he'd scattered in the meadow. Dandelions he knew were abundantly thriving, even in places where they were more of a problem than a blessing. Gently patting the clay on Hawthoria's shell to make sure none fell off, he answered the mare.

"Dandelions are aplenty, I can show you where to find them. As for salsify, feel free to peruse the wildflower meadow. I am not certain if there is any currently growing within our territory. If not, perhaps we could ask someone who trades with outsiders to get some for us." Turning to his familiar, he smiled with gratitude at how generous she was in her willingness to have messy wet clay on her back. "It is indeed clay I've placed upon Hawthoria's shell; she's going to carry it back for me while I figure out the best placement for a project I'm working on. I thought perhaps the wildflower meadow could use some whimsical decor, so I came down here to gather the materials. Not sure what "gnomes" are but they sounded... cute." His voice trailed off as he turned his head to the side, suddenly feeling very foolish for his idea. And there'd be no color to them either unless someone was willing to join in on this art project of his. "And maybe... mushrooms too, but fake ones so small critters could have shelter year-round..." Shuffling uneasily, he slowly lifted his head to see how Narumi would react.

(( WC: 266 ))  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 8:38 pm
Narumi fills the water jars she has, caps them, then places them back in the basket. "Well, if you are to make some gnomes and fae homes, you'll need some colors for them!" she said with a little excitement before calming back down. She could see it already. Strange small two leggers with big noses, poking around the flowers like they lived there. "Gnomes." she laughs lightly. "It's a merry idea. The fae will welcome the tribute of mushroom hovels for them to dwell in as well. Come, let's away to your garden. I'll give you some paints to help bring them to life." Momentarily forgetting she needed those paints to trade!

The same tail cranes down to pick up the basket, and hug it close. "Unless you still need more clay?" she says, waiting for him to follow or not.

WC: 143  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 11:36 am
Lotus stood still, surprised that she did not think it foolish at all. Narumi was even offering her paints! "I would be honored for your assistance, Lady Narumi. I only hope there is enough clay upon Hawthoria's shell for this project. I dare not place more upon it." Falling in behind the colorful mare, with his familiar carefully placing herself beside him, he pondered her offer. "M'lady, I lack the skill to bring these creations to life past my clumsy attempt to mold them into shape. Knowing which colors look best together is something I leave to those who have mastered the art." Bowing his head in respect to her talent, he soon caught the scent of the wildflower meadow. It was a mild aroma, one that could be easily overpowered by stronger scents. All he needed was to find where dandelions or salsify bloomed, for he sensed that they were ideal for brushes with which the mare would need to paint with. Ones already gone to seed would not suffice.

(( WC: 171 ))  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 12:39 pm
Narumi stops for a second, looking over at Lotus. After a short ponder, a response is given to his hesitance to create. "Lotus, just as you mold dirt and seed to grow into the unexpected, so too, can you apply that to art. You might start out rough, but with time, you learn the skills of what you put your claw to. Do you not love all your plants, no matter how simple or rare they are? Art can be enjoyed, no matter the variation. Do what you like! Part of the joy, is in sewing the seeds. Creation of art, is the same. Sometimes creating, can even be more entertaining than the product it yields!" she said, as she continues on her way, not trying to monologue about creativity in the middle of their walk to the flower pasture.

While walking, she continued talking, eyes forward on where she is heading. "As for colors, it matters not, only that you like the colors. A blueberry can be a purple berry, or a rainbow. When you create with paint, you are the God that choses the color of an object." Having said this, she recalled her purpose of even coming here. "I have a gorgeous new paint I can perhaps tempt you with? In trade for some of your, flowery art tools." She says with a flick of one of her tails, and a pause at the word tempt. Letting the hopeful temptation of a special color, peak interest for a trade.

Narumi steps aside, and let's Lotus lead the way into his work station of green and floral scents.

WC: 270  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 5:29 pm
Once again Lotus was left bewildered at this unusual mare. Are all Flock mares like this..? It was not the first time a mare left him stunned, and he was starting to believe it wouldn't be the last. Such encouraging words for him, and he'd done nothing to merit such kindness from her. Bowing his head again, he smiled faintly. "I am unworthy of such kind words, Lady Narumi. I shall do my best to not let you down." Pausing at the edge of the meadow, he knew there was a clear patch nearby where he could shape the clay and leave it to dry in the sun.

"Lady Narumi, would you like to show off your skills on our humble creations?" Hawthoria asked, positioning herself in front of Lotus' foreclaws so he could easily grab the clay he needed without having to look for her.

Lotus had begun to poke and prod at a lump of clay he'd taken from her shell into a small figure that had a misshapen hat before he stopped mid-sculpting. Would the other mare consent? They were precious paints, after all... And here he was, forgetting that she'd asked for some flowers in his eagerness to create whimsical decor! "I do beg pardon, Lady Narumi! I momentarily forgot your request. Feel free to peruse the meadow for any flowers that catch your eye for your paints. They are most bountiful here and I've plenty more seeds to scatter should you find some that catch your fancy."

The End

(( WC: 252
TWC: 985 ))  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 9:37 pm
Following Lotus, Narumi gave him a warm 'hmmm' when he said he was unworthy of kind words. She knew the customs of her Flock, and didn't question them. But to her, everyone is due kind words from her. It's the way she is. The reverse patriarchy, not something she pressed on the opposite sex. Not that she felt the need to oppose those that enforced the views either. Narumi is content to simply be the fox-tailed-harpy, who loves all things art.

Breaking thought to gaze at the one between Lotus' legs, Narumi tilted her chin to one side. "I think...this is a task for Lotus." she says. "But! I shall supply some paints, as spoken, then go look for some flowers that I might desire." With that, she set her basket down, and picked out her paints. The red and green, she placed off to the side. "Sometimes, even the paints themselves can be an inspiration for what we make." she says with a twinkle in her eye, as she removes the blue shiny paint. "Don't worry about the paint, I have plenty. I'll bring you some other colors as well, should you need them!" Narumi gives a smile to her own paint, and to Lotus and his raw clay that he is molding into a shape of a garden gnome. "I shall return in a bit! I'll find my own way."

Narumi left for a good while, intentionally giving Lotus his space to create. When she returned, she had the dandelions in tow. "I hope these are a fair trade? And perhaps find me some salsify, if you can get it? I'll reward you for your efforts!" She set off to making some sun brewed tea with the leaves of the flower stems, for them to share. And set out her mushroom she brought, as a snack for all three of them to nibble on. "Now tell me all about your delightful creations!" she beams at him.

The painter, the gardener turned sculptor, and the clay wearing turtle. A fine trio for herbal tea and arts, in a field of flowers.

~Fin.

WC: 354  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces