[PRP] Wild & Free Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 5:32 am
Feiera was pleased that Ayaz seemed to not care about her vague answers regarding her herd. She never liked to speak about the herd, nor did she like to really be associated with the traditions they upheld. But, they were her family and that was something she could not leave behind. Escape once in a while, but never fully leave. With Ayaz's approval to continue their chat with a walk down the path, she let out a small smile before falling in line next to him.

After a few moments of silence, which was not a deal breaker for Feiera as she tended to revel in the silence, with a huge family, one might like to listen to silence occasionally. Feiera swiveled her ears to listen to Ayaz's first question. She was not sure how to take it at first. But letting him continue on, her answer became clearer. "Such a complex set of questions?" She pondered, not sure if she should be so upfront with her answers but if she did not scare the male off yet, maybe he was stronger emotionally than she thought.

"I know what I'm destined to do, but what I want is to live a peaceful life. That sounds silly, but my life so far has been loud.... cluttered... and overall just overwhelming." Feiera had not realized that she needed to say those words out loud to understand that living with twenty or so siblings had made her restless to get away from it all. "I would not mind settling away from the herd but not formally leaving it as there is no leaving my family." With a glance in his direction, she intended to read him but did not want to make it too obvious

"And what about you Ayaz? What is it that you want out of this life? Do you always want to travel and protect, or does your heart yearn for something else in your older years to come?"

[329]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:41 am
The mystery only deepened the more the mare spoke. She had a 'destiny'? And she knew her destiny? Intriguing, and Ayaz almost felt a little jealous; knowing one's destiny must be...reassuring in some way.

But...as she continued to speak, he tilted his head thoughtfully. Reassuring, yes, but perhaps also...limiting in some way. Constricting.

"It sounds like a peaceful life is at odds with your destiny," Ayaz observed, before talking about his own desires - as he, for some reason, hadn't really been prepared for Feierabend to turn his question back around on him. "Perhaps there is a way to satisfy your destiny and your desire. If you can get some distance, as you say...perhaps you can explain it to your herd as your wish to expand your herd's territory, especially if, as it sounds, overcrowding has begun to be a problem for your family. Then, once you have some distance, perhaps you can begin to shape a version of your herd more in line with what you want. Duty should not leave you miserable."

He fell silent for a few moments, his own last sentence turning over in his brain. His duty didn't make him miserable - but maybe he was lucky.

"I enjoy my herd's duty," he continued thoughtfully. "Truthfully, I haven't thought much about my older years - given that our job carries inherent risk of...well, perhaps not getting to see those years." Ayaz chuckled wryly. "I can't imagine truly 'retiring', or something like it," he continued. "I think I would be bored, and I'm told that when I become bored, I become...rather irksome to be around for my family. But...one cannot be a warrior forever, so perhaps when my bones are unable to support the urge of my heart, I will...hm. Perhaps I will, someday, be able to teach the next generation of Gryps Nemoris how to carry our mantle."

((wc: 314))

Juliette06

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:04 am
Watching the stallion, Feiera could not help but feel like Ayaz had a positive reflection in life. While she had not had a negative experience, she could not think that everything was positive. Then again, she had a restless spirit and maybe doing what Ayaz did would help her outlook on life. Traveling around would seem like a good idea and maybe something she should do. Not with anyone in particular, just to travel, spread her wings, and meet many others. She had heard that life can be dangerous but being a harpy, she was sure she could handle herself if anything were to happen.

"I'm still back and forth about the situation." It was almost like she wanted to leave home to see if the 'grass was greener' yet she knew it was always in her to return to the flock. Listening to Ayaz talk about his duty to his own herd and his outlook made her believe that there might be better futures out there if Feiera could just take a step in the right direction.

Hearing that his occupation might mean the future was unclear was not sad to Feiera, it was self-fulfilling. To know what the odds are and continue to do so yet disappointing. Even in her short time talking to Ayaz, she felt that she had not had a conversation as meaningful as this before.

"Are there many in the next generation of Gryps Nemoris?" Trying to think back, she had thought he said his her was smaller than hers, but how much smaller, she had no idea.

"All the time there seems to be more in my herd, whether it's needed or not."

[280]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:12 pm
Ayaz smiled ruefully and gave a slow shake of his head. "We have not been blessed in that way, yet," he said, "but my brothers and I--we're young stallions still. We haven't really...I don't think most of us have really tried to change that fact, to be honest with you." Why was he being so honest with her? Distantly, he scolded himself for being so open with a stranger, and a stranger from a too-large herd, even, but he mentally shook the thought away. Unless Feierabend was one of the best actors he had ever encountered, to the point that perhaps she had training with espionage, he didn't get the impression that she was gathering intel with the goal of using it against him or the herd.

"It's short-sighted," he continued, only really becoming aware of his feelings on the subject as they were brought up now, for the first time. "We could be the best fighters in the world - and I think we are, or nearly so - but it won't matter if our skills die with us. And given our chosen career, the dying part is not so unlikely as it may be in other herds." He let out a soft snort, shaking his head as he turned over this problem in his mind. His herd was small but mighty, but did they have the staying power to last more than this one generation?

"Thank you," Ayaz said, after a few contemplative moments. "You have given me something to bring back to my herd, to improve our position in this world. That is a gift for which I am most grateful."

((wc: 274))

Juliette06

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:21 pm
Listening intently, she pondered his words, taking them in with each step of their claws. She wondered what else was out there. What herds roamed the open fields and what families were bustling with happy lives? She determined that this time she needed to get out and see everything there was and at this point, Ayaz did not raise any red flags. Why shouldn't I choose him to show me around a bit? Or at least closely around until she determined she could venture further out. "It sounds like you have a lot of life to live Ayaz. As do I." Feiera was still young herself and also had a lot of life in front of her to live. Did she potentially want to be a mother, a courageous fighter, or a weary explorer?

Perking up at the words 'fighter' she turned to him. "A fighter you say? That's what my kind is known for as well." Unsure if Ayaz had ever met a Harpy before she continued down the path. Where they were going, she had no idea but the conversation was flowing at this point. Feiera would hate to ruin it with the idea of a little play match.

"I am happy that I could give you knowledge, but I must say, you have helped me tremendously more. I have never known that it was okay to wander even further or to even trust those that are not from my herd."

She determined that this male was trustworthy and that in the future she would run into him with a smile. "I'm not sure where this road will lead us, but at least we both are learning more and more about this world."

[285]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:33 pm
Ayaz chuckled. "I'm just as glad that it was me who was fortunate enough to meet you, then - not everyone is so trustworthy. Or worthy of leaving one's home, however temporarily," he added. "I have no doubt that you can take care of yourself, if you should come across such an unfortunate character," he added, nodding appreciatively at her claws, which were almost as big and almost as sharp as his own talons, "but all the same. I'm glad I came across you, as I would hate for anything to happen to you on your first venture out."

He paused, and a slow, impish smile came across his face. "Speaking of adventure...would you care to join me in the sky, Miss Feierabend?" Ayaz asked, his smile melting into a grin, obvious even under his skull mask. "Assuming those big wings of yours can actually take you into the air," he added, lightly teasing as he fluttered his own wings pointedly. "There aren't too many feathers in your way, right? I'm sure they're not just for show?"

This was the real test - not the flying itself, but if she could handle his ribbing, then perhaps there was a chance that Ayaz had found an actual friend out here in the wilds of the forest. Or at least the potential for one. No matter how beautiful she was, if she couldn't be a real person with him - that would determine if they might, perhaps, someday, somehow, spend more than just one (admittedly pleasant) afternoon together.

((wc: 253))

Juliette06

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:41 am
Internally laughing at the little banter Ayaz threw her way, she slowly let her eyes glance over him, trying her best not to draw attention to her gazes on the male. While he had nodded at her claws, she could not let herself forget she was with a larger male who seemed to have just as sharp claws as herself. She usually found herself with the upper hand in these parts. Would make a great addition to the lineage... Snapping her head up, she let her nuzzle shake, letting the rest of the body follow. With her wings a little ruffled she let them smooth against her back. Why did I have to think about that? Feiera was not sure what she wanted, and it was too soon to even think about any of that. Making herself determined to change her thinking she listened intently to Ayaz.

Looking up to the sky, she let the male have his banter on. While it was nice to fly, she never really seemed to enjoy doing it. But, if Ayaz wanted to take a quick fly around, she would happily oblige. Listening to him tease her ever so slightly she let a small laugh out before unfurling her wings.

"Well of course they are for show. How else am I supposed to entice others into conversation?" Letting her eyes convey a small smirk she added "Seemed to work for you right?" Letting her wings settle in, she walked around to the male's side. Contemplating if she should tease him about his soft, fluffy tail she decided on the latter. "And what about your wings? I'm sure they aren't for show right?" Letting her eyebrow raise at the last word she settled it and settled with a soft giggle. "I like our conversation Ayaz. They bring a smile to my heart." Taking a few steps past the stallion, she lets her wings unfurl. "Now.. what about that short fly." Making sure to add the word short in her remark since she would rather stay grounded at the moment.

[344]

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces