Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:43 pm
User ImageMore than anything, Duana hated showing weakness. She was a strong, independent lioness who didn't need no male! She kept the company of a god and no one else because she didn't need to! She could survive on her own in the rogue lands with little effort! And yet...some days, it was very apparent that she was weaker on her own.

Today was one of those days. Today Duana had accidentally happened upon a fresh kill and, seeing no one around, had helped herself. It didn't take long for the successful hunters to return, and it was with swift and vengeful retribution that the small pack of hyenas fell upon the lone lioness. She had somehow managed to flee the pack, but they were snapping at her heels, not letting up on the chase.

Panting heavily, Duana knew it would be a fool's mission to turn and fight. From what she could hear it sounded like there were four hyenas behind her, and while she was a good fighter, that was too many for one lioness to take on by herself. She'd have to find a way to shake them, or maybe they'd get bored with her and return to their kill.

She looked around as best she could as she ran, hoping to find a tree to climb or some sort of high ground to capture. Then at least she'd be able to fend off the hyenas a bit better than on flat, open terrain. Or maybe she could call out for help to a passer by...not that she relished the idea of asking for help, of all things. The thought made her almost pause in her running to die at the jaws of the creatures behind her, but on she ran.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:34 pm
User Image

Cenwyn honestly didn’t know what made him want to go venture out today, but he decided to go out and see more of the world. His adoptive mother always told him that it’s better to learn from experience and there was no way he would experience anything without going out to see things for himself. So that is exactly what he did. The weather wasn’t bad, but little did he know that something was going to shake up his day a bit more then he had planned.

He watched a female run on by getting chased by a couple of hyenas. He wondered what she had done to unleash their wrath, however, he wasn’t going to just let her be outnumbered like this. So, he followed them and easily caught up when they nearly cornered the female. He stepped in between her and them feeling slightly confident but not really. If there was one thing, he lacked it was the ability to fight. Yes, he was a male and a little bulkier than the female, but he had no clue what he was doing in terms of defending himself or someone else. His mother, Rhian, was more of a talker then a fighter.

“So your in a little bit of trouble I see..” He said as if it wasn’t obvious. He took one step forward towards the hyenas. He had to do something because they weren’t budging, and they looked even more annoyed. So, he did the only thing he could do.

He flailed.

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:41 pm
Gritting her teeth, Duana tried to lose the hyenas in a slight gorge but they caught on to her and continued to pursue her. When she emerged they were even closer and it seemed there would be no choice but to turn and fight. She'd give them hell at the very least, but with a sinking feeling in her stomach she realized this might be the end for her.

Finally it was apparent there was nothing left to do but fight. She'd gained a bit of ground but had ended up running into a steep cliff, high enough that she might be able to jump and reach the ledge above, but not with snapping hyenas at her heels. She turned to face her pursuers just as a different, larger shape stepped between her and the hyenas.

Surprised was an understatement. Duana stared at the male with a dumbfounded expression that only grew when he offered her a rather obvious statement and then...flailed. There was no other word for what he did. The hyenas seemed equally confused, though they were certainly wary now that there were two lions to their four.

Realizing that this male was nothing better than a distraction, Duana decided to capitalize on the confusion and hesitation. Just because she realized the male wasn't going to help much in a fight didn't mean the hyenas did. She stepped up beside him and gave a rather terrifying roar, one that echoed in the strange little alcove she'd been chased into. Between that and the odd behavior of the other lion, the hyenas quickly decided this wasn't worth their time anymore. They turned tail to run back to their kill, their odd cackles fading as they went.

Duana finally relaxed for a moment, plopping down on the ground so she could catch her breath. Although she wasn't the type to seek out help she'd definitely needed it just now, and even though she didn't, on principle, thank other lions...

"Thank...you..." she got out between her heavy breaths.

XxXPandamoniumXxX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:14 pm
When Cenwyn noticed the hyenas were finally gone, he stopped his flailing and let a very small smile cross his lips. Her roar was powerful, and he was sure that it was her that scared them off because he was simply a hot mess. He didn’t know what he even did other then attempt to move his body in ways it wasn’t supposed to move. He was sure he was going to feel it in later on, but for now he was going to triumph over the fact they were both still alive.
“You’re welcome.” He said with a firm nod.

He wasn’t very good at social situations and the more he pondered it the more he wondered what his mother would want him to do. It wasn’t that he didn’t know how to speak..it was more he liked to observe things around him more.

“Did you do something to bother those hyenas, or did they chase you just to chase you?” He asked as with his blue eyes looking at her as if he was trying to look into her soul.

“I’m Cenwyn by the way..Usually go by Wyn though.” Maybe he could try making a friend or two. It wouldn’t hurt right?

SilverLutz

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:36 pm
Normally Duana wasn't a very friendly lioness. She preferred to be alone as a rule, her one constant companion the god of loneliness himself. But he wasn't always around, as was very obvious. Perhaps if he had been she wouldn't have had to run from the hyenas. For now, as she caught her breath at least, she was a docile lioness who half-listened to what the male had to say. And oh, was he awkward...

The grin that crossed her muzzle as she panted heavily was one of amusement. Although she did prefer to be alone there was something to be said about having someone around to tease. He had just...sort of helped her though, so the least she could do was not be too cruel.

"I mistook their dinner for mine, I suppose," she said as she lifted her head to look up at the other lion. "Found what I thought was an abandoned kill. Clearly it wasn't. Why they wanted to kill me, though...that's a question you'd have to ask them." They'd been chasing her far too long to simply run her off.

She gave a little huff as Wyn offered her his name, pushing herself back up to her paws now that she'd caught her breath at least a bit. "Duana," she said in return, a little smirk on her muzzle once more. "Usually go by Duana. In fact, only go by Duana. Never seen you around here, Wyn. Am I just lucky you were passing through?"

XxXPandamoniumXxX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:22 pm
Cenwyn couldn’t believe what he had heard, but at the same time he guessed it was expected since she was alone. Hunting for a lone lion wasn’t exactly the easiest thing in the world. So, he didn’t question her choice and he definitely didn’t look down upon her either. It was a miracle she was able to get away from those hyenas without getting severely injured.

“I’m stunned you didn’t get injured..doing something so risky like that...But I don’t judge you. You had to do what you needed to survive.” He nodded before looking in the direction in which the hyenas ran off to. “Maybe they are vengeful...or full of hate? It’s not a good way to be because it will only make you miserable as a result.” He told the female as he looked back to her.

Things were a lot calmer now then a few moments ago and he felt his heart slowing to a regular rhythm finally. It caused him to pick up on the female’s slight aggressive tone to her words or maybe it was sarcasm. Either way he didn’t really mind it. He let things roll off his back as much as he could.

“I am new to the area...I usually don’t go traveling much so everything is new to me. So, I guess you are lucky.” He paused flicking his tail behind him. "Do you have any plans?"

SilverLutz

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:19 pm
Duana couldn't help the little chuckle that left her as Wyn made his comments about being vengeful or full of hate. Duana wouldn't say she was either of those, but she certainly wasn't pleasant most of the time. Wyn had caught her on a good day, thankfully. Being chased by a small pack of hyenas really sucked the energy out of you, all that adrenaline leaving her system making her feel as if she'd tried to fight a bull elephant.

"Well. Welcome," she said as her chuckle trailed off. "Shame you didn't find me at the kill, we could have had dinner instead of that whole ordeal." She waved a paw in the direction the hyenas had taken off in. The question made her shake her head, her stomach having forgotten its hunger for the moment. Fear could do quite a number to your appetite.

"Nope," she said, popping her 'p'. "Put more distance between me and those hyenas in case they get any ideas about coming back, I suppose. Maybe try finding some food that won't get me killed. You?" she added, gazing at the dark male curiously. Maybe he was better at hunting than he was at fighting. Having a partner could make taking down something sizable easier than hunting alone.

XxXPandamoniumXxX

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff