[prp] Desperate Days

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:40 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ruān still couldn’t believe how long the days seemed to stretch, the heat crawling along and becoming more and more unbearable as the sun made it’s way across the sky. He was less than enthusiastic about his daily run, though he was still committed to it. He thought that perhaps afterwards he could find some nice place for a little dip… or if not, a cool and shady area to rest. The best the heat and the running did for him was keep his mind off of more unpleasant matters, like the jealousy he had not been able to shake off over his older brother … seeming to only go for soldier rank after Ruān had told him his own hopes and aspirations. The resentment usually felt thick and heavy too, which caused bitterness in his heart… and he knew these things to be bad and maybe even unhealthy for him. Running was one of the few things to take his mind fully off of those tainted matters… but really he would need to figure out how to rid himself of those feelings completely.

That felt nearly impossible, so often when his brain let the thoughts bubble up he would push them deep down again. Why think about something you could not fix?

After he’d circled the perimeter of his house boundaries a tenth time he slowed to a jog, and eventually to a walk. His tong lolled from his maw, his sides flaring inwards and outwards. He still needed to build up more stamina, but he thought his was alright now too.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:48 pm
User ImageHaraka sighed softly as she padded through the tall grass, the blades brushing along her belly while she strolled. Things had been rather dull as of late, at least in her eyes. She enjoyed learning new things and while there were many wise lions within her House, Haraka wanted a different perspective on life. She didn't travel to the other houses often but something was urging her to go. Get out of the East. Talk to someone that wasn't a Teacher or Scholar, learn something from someone else.

So away she went, letting her paws take her through the Central House. She turned so the sun was on her left shoulder, heading slowly but surely to the North. This was probably the House she visited the least just because they all were so physically inclined. The West and the South were thinkers and artists, lions that used their brains rather than their brawn. She related to them more when she got right down to the meat of it and what she wanted now was something different.

It didn't take long to spot a lion as Haraka reached the North House. He looked to be out of breath which perked her interest. Excellent. He was definitely from the North and not someone just passing through like her.

"Hello," she called out as she drew closer, a curious tilt to her head. "Why are you so exhausted?"

Lethrossen

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:03 am
The cool down would probably take him around once or twice, and he felt slightly lucky whenever the timing came about that the sun would set soon. It was like the world was gifting him with a spectacular view for his hard work, for his efforts. It was better to think in positives, but it was easier to train your body than it was to train your brain. He didn't know how the West did it, though maybe one day he would bring himself to ask. Even in his pursuit of strength and stamina he also knew it was good to keep his brain sharp... tactical decisions had to be made even as a scout. He wished running kept his mind sharp, then he could just double down on his training.

His ears twitched as he was greeted and his walk became even slower. Golden eyes shifted over a dark brown lioness, trying to place her... but decidedly not from his house. Or perhaps a lesser social member of his house? As she asked her question though he felt his mood perking up... exhausted? He found a smile tugging at his maw despite the serious nature of the inquiry, "Well I must look quite the site if you think this is exhausted..." He claimed, his voice breathy still but in good humor. He'd let his paws carry him closer to her, though he was aware of keeping a socially acceptable distance. They were strangers, after all.

"Running laps does a number on me I'm afraid... but don't tell the others, they can probably go twice as long!" Again, half his words in jest. His tail gave a little flick, "And why might you be so curious? Anyone from the North would just know." He laughed, "Half of us spend half our days with our tongues lolling from our mouths." Not entirely true, just an exaggeration, one he found amusing.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:30 pm
He did look quite the sight - to Haraka at least. Sure, every member of the Tianxia got out and stretched their legs from time to time but she'd never seen someone panting quite so much before. His smile let her know he wasn't offended by her comment - phew! - and was more amused by being called out, as it were.

"Because I'm not from the North, of course," she responded with a smile of her own. Surely he knew that, she had never seen him in her life and he likewise, but since they were stating obvious facts she decided to play along. A little teasing never hurt and it was clear he could take it as well as give.

"No, you Northerners are quite different from the rest of us. Far more physically inclined. I'm not even sure what 'running laps' entails, but if it makes you that out of breath I can assure you I'd be loathe to do it." Well...maybe once. Just for the experience. But not right now! Not when she had a genuine Northern lap runner to ask instead!

"I hail from the East House," she said by way of explanation, a curious look in her eye as she moved just a bit closer. "So I hope you'll forgive me asking why you...run laps, was it? What is a lap? There must be some greater purpose than to simply exhaust yourself."

Lethrossen

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:16 am
His breath was finally coming a little more evenly and a little more naturally, and he was thankful. Much easier to hold a conversation with someone else when you weren't winded! It even meant he could have a good chuckle at her obvious answer of not being from the North house, which he did know. He was glad she had a sense of humor, it was harder for him to get along with those who had a more serious attitude... or maybe he just preferred those who knew how to take jokes as well as give them.

He continued to feel slightly tickled at her words, nodding in agreement. He leaned a little bit closer to her, though still kept respectable space between them. "Between you and I, I do not think anyone actually enjoys running laps." He smiled brightly, "Well... there probably are a few but I'd give them a wide berth anyways." He gave a loose shrug and settled back into a more comfortable position.

Ah, so she was from the East. Inquisitive minds, intelligent on top of it. His head cocked to the side as he wondered a little bit about the nature of a lap, "Actually I think you are supposed to exhaust yourself to some extent... not badly, mind you. But when you run a few laps and you hit your limit... you make it your goal to do at least one more lap the next time you run." He eyed her, "I would offer to show you, but you're already so adamant about not doing it." His tone was clearly teasing, he didn't mind if she never did a lap her entire life, it wasn't actually his business. "So a lap is just kind of like... the course you map out to do one complete path. Like around the perimeter of North house or maybe even back and forth from here to there," He pointed a little ways off in the distance.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:27 pm
Haraka found herself giggling along with the male at his admission, deciding that the exercise equated to studying subjects one didn't particularly care for but that were important to know overall. As he went on to explain why he was running it all started to fall into place. If he trained his body would become more used to running long distances, building up stamina and in turn, strength. If he was part of the Northern house he would no doubt need every edge he could get in battle. Putting in the extra laps now might come in handy later.

"Oh yes, a verbal description is more than enough," she agreed with a cheeky grin. "Though a physical demonstration when you're not so winded wouldn't be amiss, either." Of course she was only teasing, but since that seemed to be the thread of their conversation she knew he wouldn't take it literally.

Following his motion with his paw, Haraka gave a little hum and a nod. So a lap was a full circle of a measure of distance determined by the lion running. So, in theory, a lap could be as large or small as one desired. That being said, you wouldn't get any better if you only did a few small laps. Perhaps many small laps would equate to one large lap, but wouldn't it be boring seeing the same things over and over again? An interesting predicament she was glad she wasn't faced with beyond theory.

"Well, thank you for educating me," she said, resting her rump on the ground as well. "As someone from the East I greatly value any new knowledge and as thanks I suppose I could do you the courtesy of giving you my name." She paused for a moment and pretended to size up the male as if determining if he was worthy of such an honor. It was all done with over exaggeration of course, Haraka didn't consider herself any higher than any other member of the pride no matter the house.

"I'm Kuai and it's a pleasure to meet you." She gave her proper name as was custom between Tianxia members, though with the way their current conversation was going she had little doubt he'd learn her common name soon enough. She'd be back to bother him to learn more about the North and their ways, after all. Surely they'd become close friends because of it.

Lethrossen

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Tianxia Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out