Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Feast PRP] All that Glitters (Yunara, Ara, & Dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:32 pm
User Image It was an entirely new world, and Yunara was barely able to comprehend all that had changed for her. A whirlwind of light and color, and all of it dominated by Ardoxshoth's vice-like grip on her heart. At some point during the night, Avarice had joined the pair, cheeping as she examined the new infant addition to their family. Etiquette and Little Prince were a little more hesitant to approach - especially the latter, who was a near hatchling himself. They stayed a little farther away, watching the little queen with whirling, wondering eyes.

She couldn't help but smile at everything Ardoxshoth did, even though the dragonet had already bullied the ribbons out of her hair. It had served as an excellent distraction to the infant, though. Otherwise she might've demanded the sparklies that everyone was wearing to the Feast. However, Yunara had managed to convince Ardoxshoth that she was merely allowing others to wear those adornments for the time being, out of the goodness of her hearts. For surely she was a might queen, and so generous, too.

My dearest of sisters, join me at my side, Ardoxshoth bespoke Damahath, taking note that her sister was not so very far away. The queen had made the request, and it would soon turn into a demand if it was not heeded. Yunara patted her soft hide, trying to distract her away from her acquisitive greed. Surely Damahath would be over to see them soon enough... and wouldn't it be nicer if it was through her twin's own desires? They were lingering on the sidelines for the moment, just to let Yunara catch her breath.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:41 pm
User ImageAra and Damahath looked about as good as they were going to look. Damahath had been oiled to a high sheen and Ara had finally managed to get all of the fish scales off of her hands and arms in the process. There were still a few individual scales shimmering at her temples, but she had not looked in a mirror, and so was unaware of them. Damahath had noticed them and debated whether she ought to mention their presence. Ultimately, she decided that her beloved had few belongings and no formalwear or jewelry, and so it suited the young gold that her human be adorned with the sparkling scales, even if it was a touch unorthodox. Besides, they looked pretty.

Oddly enough, nobody else at the feast had seen fit to point out to Ara that she seemed to be wearing body glitter made of fish scales. Perhaps they had mistaken the sparkling for perspiration.It was even possible that a few folks thought it was a fashion statement, though no one who knew Ara would think her likely to make one of those. Most likely, they had all been too polite or too distracted. After all, who cared if a weyrling had a few bits of sparkle at her hairline when she was accompanied everywhere by a ten foot long golden dragon? Apparently no one, that's who, though everyone was very kind and congratulatory.

Ara had not stopped smiling throughout, but her smile was getting tired, and so was Damahath. They both felt firmly that it was their duty to converse with as many people as wanted to talk to them, but it was an unutterable relief when Damahath bumped Ara and relayed her twin's summons. There was an instant where Ara's smile grew wider with genuine pleasure, and then she excused herself and the pair made a hasty line toward Yunara and her gold.

Ardoxshoth, Damahath greeted her sister, extending her nose for a friendly boop and spoke on: We have met so many people this evening, I cannot remember whether I have introduced my beloved Ara to you and Yours.

"Good evening," Ara greeted her...counterpart? Unlike Damahath, she recalled that they'd met briefly while feeding and oiling their golds, but it had been a tremendously busy evening and they had not exchanged too many words beyond congratulations and names.

Sister,Damahath amended, angling her head and speaking to include Ardoxshoth. Wouldn't you say?

Mr Cheri

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:57 pm
Yunara, who had come from a humble background herself, had never before in her life worn such finery as she had donned today. It was only through her grandmother and foster mother that she'd cobbled together this gown... and it had had to be hastily tailored to fit her properly. So, when Ara showed up wearing simple clothes, Yunara didn't notice at all. She was too polite to point out the fish scales, and couldn't quite decide if they were intentional or not.

However, Ardoxshoth was mesmerized by them. They were shiny, and eye catching... and she wanted them. Your Ara has very bright things. I want them. How could she get them off of Ara's face, however, without potentially hurting Damahath's? No, that would not do. Not for her twin's rider. That she would not do.

"Hello," Yunara said, with a soft, warm smile. "It's nice to meet you a little more formally." Given that they'd been feeding and oiling their dragons near one another, she definitely recognized the girl's face. But Ara was not a High Reaches native, as far as she could tell. Certainly she'd never served her as a kitchenworker. "Are you new to the Weyr?" she inquired, curious to know if her supposition might be correct.

Yes. You are my sister, so she must be my Yunara's sister. So Ardoxshoth said, and so Ardoxshoth meant. Settling down, the little queen curled her tail about herself. This was just as it should be. She'd wanted Damahath's attention, after all. If her own boop to her sister was done after she'd made herself comfortable, it was not out of a lack of care.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:10 am
Damahath eyed her twin, debating whether she ought to pass along Ardoxshoth's fascination to Ara. After a moment she decided that if she framed it as a compliment - which it basically was - Ara wouldn't be uncomfortable having her unintentional adornment pointed out.

My twin likes the fish scales in your hair, she told Ara, who was settling gratefully onto a seat. She wants them. You don't have to give them to her though, if you'd rather keep them. They do look pretty.

Ara's hands flew to her hair, her fingers trailing through it and her face flushing hotly as she tried to tease out fish scales she couldn't see and in the process tugging individual hairs uncomfortably from the very straight braid hanging down her spine. She exclaimed a soft, "Oh no!"

Why didn't you tell me I hadn't gotten all of them out? she asked Damahath, who repeated that they were pretty, as though that was all the explanation required. But they're fish scales! I'm probably embarrassing the Weyr!

Damahath turned to Ara, her eyes a serene blue. You are the chosen of a golden dragon. If you choose to wear fish scales in your hair it is no matter. The Weyr will not be embarrassed.

Satisfied with her pronouncement on what was right and proper, Damahath settled against Ardoxshoth's side and said to her, I think you may have to ask Yours about the fish scales. You wouldn't want to wear used ones, would you? She had no idea how one ended up with fish scales on their skin and hair in the first place, having no experience of working in a kitchen, scaling endless buckets of fish, and hadn't thought to investigate Ara's memories to discover their origin.

"Sorry," Ara apologized to Yunara, realizing that she'd been effectively sitting there, pawing at her hair in mortified silence instead of responding to her question. "It is more difficult than I expected, having two conversations going on at a time, and one inside my head."

Instinctively Ara's head turned toward Damahath, as it had done at least once every other minute since Impression. It was still so astonishing that Damahath had chosen her. Then she remembered her manners and repositioned herself so that not just her head but her body was angled toward her new...sister(?) and replied, "I'm new to this Weyr. I was Searched by Western Weyr a bit over a turn ago."

She wanted to ask how long Yunara had been at High Reaches without implying that she'd spent too long as a candidate or that it was a bad thing if it had been a long time, but her mind drew a blank until she found herself admitting, "I never truly expected to Impress, though. I still felt out of place as a candidate and now I'm..."

Mine, Damahath reminded her privately. Now you're mine.

"It feels so strange." The word she truly wanted was surreal, but her vocabulary didn't extend that far.

Mr Cheri

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:19 pm
As inclined as Ardoxshoth had been for a moment to demand the fish scales, Damahath's words gave her pause. But if they have been in your Ara's hair, surely they are better than other fish scales? the queen asked her sister, looking covetously at the fish scales that still glittered in Ara's hair. They were shiny, and she wanted them.

"I'm so sorry," Yunara said, her tone deeply apologetic. "She just likes them so much..." No one needed to explain that it was the scales still in Ara's hair that Ardoxshoth wanted. "She's been doing this all night. If it weren't the scales it'd surely be someone else's ribbons." Much like the ribbons that Yunara had taken out of her own hair and tied around Ardoxshoth's headknobs. Silly creature.

I, Ardoxshoth said, her tone bordering on offended, am not silly. Reaching down, Yunara simply patted her queen as if to placate her. This was neither the time nor the place to do anything that might result in a queen sized temper tantrum. Oh dear.

"And it's okay. I haven't figured out how to have two conversations at once, either." Truth be told, this was all a lot for her to take in in the first place. But... it was welcome. Of course, it was welcome. "This is the first Hatching I've ever stood for. I've helped with Feasts before, but I wasn't a Candidate up until a few sevendays ago," she confessed, hoping that Ara would understand. She felt out of place, too. "I'm more used to serving than being served."

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:05 am
I don't know, Damahath answered her sister. She made sure that her distaste was clear as she explained: They've been in her hair since we hatched, I think. She's probably sweated on them. But fresh ones, I think, would definitely be becoming on you, especially if Yours could be persuaded to put them in patterns. Or maybe on your wings?

It wasn't a look Damahath herself would ever want to attempt. She rather thought it was unnecessary to further adorn a golden hide. But she believed that her sister would always look beautiful under any circumstance, so what matter if she wants to borrow fish scales to be extra sparkly?

"There is nothing to apologize for," Ara assured Yunara. "She is gold. Of course she would expect to have fine things." She tried not to think about the fact that her own dragon was twin to Yunara's, and though Damahath seemed to be of a very different temperament, she worried that Damahath might secretly be disappointed in Ara's presentation and unimpressive looks. Damahath had chosen her, and knew her inside and out. If Ara's looks didn't suit her, it apparently hadn't been important enough to deter her from Impressing.

You're not silly, Damahath agreed with her sister, hoping to forestall a fit of temper, though she wasn't sure about the ribbons. On a completely separate topic she asked, Have you met all of our siblings' humans yet? We have been making rounds of the feast so that we can meet all the people we are supposed to meet. Mingling. But I was so glad when you called us over. There are so many people who want to meet us.

It was a relief to Ara to learn that Yunara had yet to master holding multiple conversations at a time as well. Ara had given exactly no thought to what that would be like, not having expected to Impress at all, and though she would always be glad to hear Damahath's voice in her mind, she knew it would be difficult for her if the dragon decided to bespeak her while someone addressed her aloud. The new queenrider was equally gratified to learn that her sister was not more experienced in Weyr matters than she, even though she certainly seemed to be more put-together than Ara was.

"You, too? Before I was Searched, I was working as a drudge. My whole family, actually, are drudges, for generations back. They..." she paused, wondering whether it was appropriate for her to share this much, and with a surge of love from Damahath decided it would be all right. "They were embarrassed that I was Searched because they thought I would get above myself and be spoiled for proper work when the Weyr sent me back, which they were sure they would."

I'm not impressed by her family, Damahath confided to Ardoxshoth. That is why I'm so glad that Yours can be her sister.

Mr Cheri

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:20 pm
From the way that Damahath put it, the fish scales did not seem so enticing. Even if Ardoxshoth could and would collect garbage, why do so when she could have fresh scales? For a moment, the queen weighed her options, before deciding that she didn't want to bother with the scales for the time being. I'll let her keep them this time, she said magnanimously. Besides which, the thought of pretty scales dotting her own sides in patterns delighted the little queen.

Whatever her sister's opinions might have been about the adornments, Ardoxshoth did not concern herself with them. After all, what mattered most was how the queen felt herself. If she wanted to wear fish scales, she surely would wear them. It seemed that Ara had possibly started a trend... and Yunara wondered how she would explain things to her friends in the kitchens. Oh dear.

Turning to the other matter at hand, Ardoxshoth considered her sister's words. No, I have not met all of them yet. We are trying to find all of them, but some are good at hiding. That or, in Yunara's opinion, they were busy coming to grips with their new situation just as she was. Just, in fact, as Ara was.

With a faint smile, Yunara shook her head. "I... well. My grandparents, my family, had owned a teahouse before Thread's return. I worked in the kitchen there and also served the patrons. After Threadfall, we had to rebuild it... and I left shortly after. Then, when I was on my own I wandered for awhile without anything until I came here. The Weyr is a very different world," she confessed. "It was nice to work in the Lower Caverns." She really didn't know a single thing about being a rider beyond what F'dral had taught her within the space of a few sevendays.

"Really? I'm sorry to hear that. You clearly know a thing or two about hard work," she said, having noticed how methodically Ara had taken care of Damahath before. She didn't mention anything about her own parents, for what was there to say? They were gone, like so many others. "One of the Lower Caverns workers fostered me here, but she aged out of Candidacy. Maybe you could've stayed at the Weyr if you didn't Impress," Yunara put it. It was surprising how easy it was to talk to Ara, to tell her things she probably never would've told anyone else but Alusia or Lusialu.

Mine will be her sister, Ardoxshoth agreed. You are my sister, and she is Mine, so Yours should be her sister. Your Ara was always meant to be Yours. If they couldn't see that, then that is their loss. And if there was a trace of a growl in the queen's voice, there was no helping it. The gold was particularly protective and possessive of those she viewed as 'hers', and her family was firmly included in that.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:38 am
A dragon's smile was probably a terrifying thing to see, but the pleased blue-green that blossomed in Damahath's eyes at Ardoxshoth's magnanimous decision to allow Ara to keep her accidental fish scales was no less indicative of her pleasure. It was good to be with her sister and that Theirs were going to be sisters as well. From her earliest recollections, Damahath had always been aware of Ardoxshoth, and even when she was at her most Ardoxshoth she would rather be near her than not.

It surprises me that they do not come to you to make their introductions, Damahath admitted, not considering that she might be stirring a pot by doing so. That seems like it would be the most efficient and polite way of managing things.

Ara listened intently to Yunara's words, doing her best to commit them to memory, but knowing that she would almost certainly lose track of these important details because she so often did. It would surprise her several days from now to be able to recall most of what Yunara said to her, and anyone else as well. Not with superhuman levels of detail, but far more easily and accurately than she had before. Whether she would ever anyone about possible side effects of Impression including increased acuity and focus was uncertain. For now, she was not struggling nearly as much as she would usually be to keep track of others' names and faces and personal biographical details, and she was relieved.

"Would you have remained at the Weyr, working in the Lower Caverns with your foster parent?" That actually sounded very pleasant to Ara. Close enough to the life she was used to that she wouldn't feel out of place, but still surrounded by dragonfolk and the adventures they lived. Except that was definitely no longer a path she could follow. Now she would have to be someone who lived an adventure, instead. It didn't require even the quickest of glances in Damahath's direction for her to know it was worth the newness and uncertainty. Damahath was worth anything.

That is correct, was Damahath's firm opinion, agreeing with Ardoxshoth in the matter of their riders' new sorority and also Ara's dismissal of a potential future in a peripheral position in the Lower Caverns. The young gold's emphasis was lost a little, since her yawn encompassed not only a very wide, toothy maw, but fuzzed her mental voice somewhat.

"At any rate, I'm very good at hard work," Ara agreed with a smile that might have been rueful on someone else, but Ara didn't go in much for rue or wry. Her smile was genuine. "I don't know how much of my knowledge will be useful now, though. We'll probably still have chores, right?"

There was a brilliant green sheen of amusement in Damahath's eyes. She guessed that Hers was probably the only human in the history of ever to be worried that there wouldn't be chores to do after Impressing, and was very proud of Ara's work ethic. She was too young yet to realize that some of Ara's apparent enthusiasm for chores stemmed from worrying that the only weyrling tasks she wouldn't struggle with were those related to work. In fact, Ara was already wondering if she might be able to take on extra chores for others, in exchange for help with lessons, which she was certain she would need.

Mr Cheri

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:08 pm
Now that Damahath had put things that way, Ardoxshoth could not help but fixate slightly on what she had said. It was quite true. Her siblings ought to be seeking her out. This Feast was for everyone, but most especially for herself and for her twin sister. Surely they were aware of such a thing. Yes, it's true. They should come find us. That would be the appropriate thing. And yet... so few had done so. This would surely not be forgotten anytime soon.

My Yunara tells me that they have many guests that they must greet. Perhaps they are busy doing that right now... but they should have come to us first. Not being first definitely brought a whirl of red into Ardoxshoth's gaze. Her eyes whirled a little faster, and Yunara had to reach down to give her a fond pat by way of distraction.

"Yes," Yunara said, nodding her agreement. "I would have stayed here. I had... already given up my place at Telgar Hold, after all. In order to make this journey I had to." And it was not so easy as being accepted back in - she'd given up future ownership of the tea house, however negligible such a thing might seem to others. "I would have been happy in the Lower Caverns. We're - they're - treated very well. It's not just kitchenworkers and the like. Drudges at High Reaches are higher ranked than Candidates." That was probably true at Western too, but Yunara was not at all familiar with the other Weyr.

As much as Ardoxshoth was inclined to simmer of their siblings' apparent rudeness, she was slightly pleased that Damahath agreed with her when it came to their riders' connection. Why shouldn't Yunara and Ara be sisters, after all? Ardoxshoth and Damahath were. By extension their riders should be. Hers had never had a sister until joining the Weyr, so this was surely fitting. Now she might have another. Mine will be a good sister, she decided, having taken notice of some of her memories with Lusialu and C'lusi. Where Alumet was concerned... well, Alumet had already been a queenrider upon Yunara's arrival and subsequent fostering.

Giving Ara a reassuring smile, Yunara nodded. "Yes, I think Master F'dral mentioned that. Although... they will be more dragon specific, I would imagine, than they were before. I've got so much to learn about dragons, and I hardly know anything about being a rider." To say it was intimidating was an understatement, but with Ardoxshoth's help, she knew she would be up to the challenge. But challenge it was, nonetheless. "I wonder what sort of things we'll be doing," she mused, aware that Weyrlingmaster Z'von had not yet told them in full. They were to have their first lessons in the next couple of days.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:29 am
Damahath realized too late what she had done, and ordinarily she might not have spoken the triggering words to begin with, but the small gold was tired and nothing like capable of making plans, or even predicting others' behavior too far in advance. At least for the moment. A wash of pale blue relief shaded her eyes when it became apparent that her twin's Yunara had addressed the issue.

They will be good sisters, the gold agreed. Just like us.

Ara, not privy to the dragons' conversation, only able to see the color of their eyes and feel some of what Damahath was feeling, wondered what the two of them were talking about that had upset Ardoxshoth, and hoped that whatever storm it was would blow over quickly. Damahath didn't seem particularly concerned, but she was also clearly sleepy. And...maybe a little hungry? No, that was Ara.

The new weyrling eyed the food on the table, noting that there was no fish on offer with a smile. She didn't mind eating fish, but she was excited to eat something that wasn't fish, too. Not that she took any meat. She was honestly much more interested in a fluff of what seemed to have begun its existence as a tuber. It was delicious, and her pleasure in it was reflected in Damahath's sleepy eye color.

"I think I remember being told that when I was Searched. About drudges outranking candidates," but she hadn't believed it. She had continued to behave as though everyone outranked her because that was simply her way. She smiled sunnily. "I've never had to concern myself with rank, really. Everyone's always outranked me."

As she continued making inroads on the whipped tuber concoction, Ara wondered whether she ought to ask more about Yunara leaving Telgar. It seemed like a really important event in her life, but also like it had been prompted by a dire, unpleasant event, and it was impossible to forget that weyrlings were not to upset their new dragons if it could possibly be avoided, and Ara was reluctant to mar the evening for Yunara or Ardoxshoth with her curiosity. There would be time for them to talk later, she was certain.

Speculation about weyrling chores was something Ara could engage in easily. She remembered some of what she'd learned as a candidate, and assumed that they would be doing more practical versions of those tasks, along with a lot of dragon care. "I don't know! I hope they go over a lot of basics. They'd have to, right? There were Stands Impressions who wouldn't have had any training at all."

It would come as a surprise to Ara to learn that their first days would be spent bonding bonding bonding. She couldn't imagine being more closely bound to Damahath than she already was. She even found her self yawning sympathetically, for which she apologized.

Mr Cheri

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:31 pm
For all that Yunara's touch had certainly soothed the young queen, she had not entirely calmed down. Nor had she forgotten that some of those who had attended this Feast, even her clutchmates, had not chosen to come to them first. Was it not their moment of glory? But her rider's calm reassurance at least soothed some of the irritation she felt. A hint of red yet remained in otherwise blue eyes.

Still, she was happy enough, as was evident from the way that she curled at her rider's feet. Are you tired, Damahath? the little queen asked her twin in a surprising display of solicitude. Well, Damahath was hers, after all. Why shouldn't she be kind? Still... the dragonet crooned and leaned lightly against her sister.

As Ara filled her belly, Yunara thought about everything she'd heard while living at the Weyr. Certainly some things which had seemed rather mystifying before had been make clear upon Impression. Others... well, others she was less sure about. "I suppose we have to worry a little bit about rank now," Yunara said, pondering that thought. How strange was that? It didn't feel real, not yet. They were... highly ranked.

Where chores were concerned, the young woman had some guesses, but she couldn't be too certain. "We haven't really even had our first weyrling lesson. I don't know what we should expect. I guess we'll be doing a lot of bathing and oiling, of course, but there are other things that weyrlings do, surely." What those things were in specific, the girl didn't know. Bonding, as she'd already mentioned, to be sure. What else?

"Oh, are you both tired?" Yunara asked, noticing the yawn. Had she been keeping them from their beds? Ara's politeness was noted, but... if they were tired, it would be better to sleep. "You needn't stay up on my account. I'm sure we'll be able to talk about everything after you've gotten some rest." Brushing a lock of hair out of her face, Yunara watched Ara with an apologetic expression. She really hadn't meant to keep them up.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:30 pm
Damahath tilted her head to one side, considering her sister's question, although in truth there was nothing to consider. She was tired. Hatching had been tiring. Finding Ara had been exciting, but excitement could be tiring, too. Meeting all those new people had been very tiring. And her stomach was very full, which made her baby brain say that it was time to sleep. It was just that she knew there were more people yet to meet, and she didn't want to fail in her duty to meet everyone she ought to. Even so, she was not going to lie to Ardoxshoth.

She leaned into her sister's touch and replied, I can't seem to help it. Aren't you tired?

Ara knew (somehow) that it wasn't the best manners for her to eat while Yunara did not, but she had to assume that her fellow goldrider had already eaten. She had confronted too many surprises this day to be properly surprised at her certainty about the correctness of eating in front of someone else who wasn't eating, which had never been something she'd needed to concern herself with before. As a candidate, everyone ate more or less together, and as a drudge it was much the same, though they tended to eat very late or very early, so that their meals would not interfere with serving the more important people in their lives.

"They talked a bit about Weyr set-ups in candidate lessons," Ara said, assuming that her newfound comprehension of how the Weyr hierarchy worked came from that, rather than Damahath's innate knowledge of Weyr etiquette. "But they made it very clear that things were very different at Western. They said it was a...flatter structure? And that everywhere else it's more of a pyramid. I'm sure we'll figure it out soon enough."

She smiled. "Just like with chores and responsibilities. There are always lots of those to go around, I think, no matter who you are."

Nearby, Damahath had ceased yawning. Her inner eyelid had slid closed and her eyes themselves were partially shut in a precursor to sleep. This would be embarrassing to her, were she able to help it even a little. It would, nevertheless, be better if Ara did not remind her of it in the future. At least she wasn't snoring.

"I'm honestly all right," Ara said, realizing that was mostly the truth. With Damahath having given in to her weariness, Ara was not feeling it nearly as strongly. "But as you can see, Damahath seems to have come to her limit for the day. Do you think it would be all right if we left? If she's going to sleep, I'd rather take her back to the barracks, where she's less likely to be an obstacle for servers."

Mr Cheri

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:57 pm
Truth be told, the little queen was not tired. Not yet. Not when she was excited about the opportunity to meet so many in the Weyr. There were even guests visiting from other places, of which Ardoxshoth was more than aware. Some of those guests had already said hello, while others had yet to make their presence known. In time, she felt, they would do so. However otherwise occupied they might be. No. I'm not tired. I don't mind if you are, though. As dear as Damahath was to the infant gold, she wanted to ensure that her sister's health was as good as it could be.

If that meant that she must part with her, then so be it. Damahath was hers, after all. She must take good care of her possessions, and her beloved ones. Which category the gold fit into had yet to be determined by others, though the baby herself knew. We did have quite an exciting day, Ardoxshoth allowed, drawing a wing over her twin sister. If Damahath need rest, perhaps she could make herself comfortable here until she returned to their quarters.

Some of what Ara was saying went right over Yunara's head, try though she might to understand. "A pyramid? Is that... sort of like a triangle?" she asked, remembering something from lessons long ago. Not Candidate lessons, of course - she'd had her lessons from a harper who had visited Telgar Hold. "I do think you're right. Western seems very different from here." As for the structure of the thing, well... it was simple enough in a way, wasn't it? The Weyrwoman and Weyrleader were at the top, with the rest falling beneath them. At the very bottom were the Candidates, who generally had no particular skills to recommend them.

"We're just above the Candidates, I think," she remarked idly, and then glanced at Ara as the other spoke. "You're right, of course. We'll probably have plenty of chores to do." But Damahath did look so tired. Poor, sleepy baby! Yunara tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, unable to tear her eyes away from the adorable sight of her dragonet sheltering her sister. "Of course it would be okay! Taking care of your dragon should come first above anything else. I don't think we'll be so much longer, but Ardoxshoth wants to meet more guests. If you'd like, I can make your excuses for you, but I think everyone would understand."

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:46 am
Damahath shifted happily under the cover of her twin's wing, unconsciously pleased to be wrapped up with her sister again as they had been in the egg, though unaware that was what brought her comfort. Being asleep, she wasn't aware of much, though if something had upset Ara, she certainly would have woken at once. Fortunately, Ara was not upset, nor likely to be.

"I think so?" Ara replied, addressing Yunara's question about pyramids. "I wonder why they didn't just say 'triangle.'"

Listening to Yunara explain where they fell, roughly, in High Reaches' hierarchy was helpful to Ara, although it definitely seemed like a part of her knew this already, at least a little bit. Nevertheless, she was more than happy to hear it again. She often needed to hear things multiple times if they were going to stick in her brain. Grinning, Ara said, "I'm glad to know we're above someone. even if we'll still have chores to do."

Outranking people was going to be a new experience for Ara, even if it was just candidates. At least she wasn't the sort to become insufferable about her new status, nor, for that matter, her future status, which would likely be somewhat higher, given the shine of Damahath's hide. She wouldn't really even know how to lord her position over others, except, perhaps, by mimicking the behaviors of the holders she'd served prior to being Searched. They hadn't been bad people, nor excessively unkind to their staff. If Ara learned by aping them how to give orders with the expectation that they would be obeyed, that would be no terrible thing.

Her gratitude was plain on her face when Yunara offered to make excuses for her departure, and she thanked her new sister. "I would very much appreciate that."

With care she scooped up Damahath in both arms and began to edge out of the feast. Fortunately, Damahath was not particularly heavy, even stuffed with food. Not yet, anyway. Though she was very long, and had her slumbering instinct not had her wrapping her tail around Ara's waist and down one leg, it might have dragged on the ground. As for Ara, managing Damahath's wings was a challenge - she was so afraid of damaging the fine membranes - but she did all right. She didn't even get lost on the way to the barracks.

Mr Cheri
Thank you for this RP. I really do look forward to seeing more of these pairs together.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces