Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Cold (R'nori/Inannath, Yunara/Ardoxshoth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:31 am
Inannath was content to lounge as R’nori hid near the flames of a fire away from the cold. It had been only a few days since the Hatching and R’nori was already tired of being cold and wanted it to end. But he also wouldn’t trade his current life for the warmer climate of Western because that would mean no more Inannath. That wasn’t even thinkable. Then it is a good thing that I am not going anywhere. She said fondly. R’nori reached over and gave her a scratch before moving his hand back to near the flame. “When do you think spring is coming?”  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:39 pm
"It will be a few months yet," Yunara said softly, not wanting to intrude on the moment between dragon and rider, and yet brought forward by Ardoxshoth's urgings. The little queen absolutely demanded to spend time with her sister. How could she not wish to come and hold court here? Inannath had always been at her side, just as Damahath and Hybreoth had done. If Lareseth had been a little slower to join, well... it was only because he had had certain obligations. The gold knew her siblings inside and out, and expected her rider would come to know Theirs, too.

Where would you go, if you were to go? No, my Inannath is not going to leave our Weyr. Certainly Ardoxshoth would not, nor would she allow anyone to blatantly steal her siblings in such an uncouth manner. This was where Inannath belonged, and by extension, where R'nor belonged. He would just have to grow accustomed to it.

faesinger

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:35 pm
Despite Yunara’s best efforts, R’nori was startled by her approach. Turning to look at the gold rider he smiled. “I thought that might be the case. Don’t you ever get tired of being cold?” He shifted so there was room at the fire for Yunara as well. “How is your new life treating you so far?” R’nori asked curiously. For all that he had been standing at High Reaches in hopes of a dragon, he had fully expected to be back at Western by now. The fact that he never would again was still so fresh in his mind. “Is it all that you hoped for?”

Why would I go anywhere? I certainly wouldn’t want to go to another Weyr when I can be at the very best one. And the idea of being unaffiliated was so laughable that it wasn’t even worth mentioning. Hello Ardoxshoth! How are you doing? Have you found any new lovelies for your collection? Inannath was still working on R’nori to get him in the mindset of spending his marks of luxury items. It was a work in progress.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:31 pm
It hadn't been so very long ago when Yunara herself had had to adjust to High Reaches' harsh climes. She smiled slightly, feeling a pang of sympathy for R'nori. "I do," she admitted, pulling her cape a little more tightly around herself. "But I didn't grow up in High Reaches. Telgar Hold is a little warmer than this. High Reaches Weyr is even colder than High Reaches Hold," she remarked, for she'd certainly been to the Hold back during her wandering Turns.

When it came to Impression... "It's... amazing," she said. "I was only a Candidate for a few sevendays before the Hatching. Up until that point all I thought possible was to continue to work in the Lower Caverns." Now Ardoxshoth had changed her life inexorably. There was no way that she would ever find herself again in the position she'd been in before. "I don't even know what I hoped. Maybe just to Impress at all, if I was lucky? But she's quite a handful."

I am not a handful. I am two handfuls, at least, Ardoxshoth said, not quite noticing that her bondmate was using a turn of phrase. Yes! There are so many to collect, however... so I think it will take a very long time. What of you? Is R'nori treating you as he should? If not, the little queen was determined to have words with him. Since Inannath was hers, so by extension was R'nori. Which of course meant that he'd have to do as she, or rather Inannath, pleased.

"What about you?" Yunara asked, glancing at her fellow weyrling. "Is it everything you imagined?"

faesinger

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:39 pm
“The further into the mountains you get, the colder it is. I guess.” R’nori remarked as he considered his answer. “I have certainly tried to imagine what it would be like to impress…I got no where near it.” R’nori shifted a little so he could see Yunara better. “It is like the whole world changed around me and I am still catching up.” He shrugged. “And that isn’t even the being at a different Weyr aspect. I see the world differently now with Inannath in it.”

Where Inannath had had reservations about telling Hybreoth about her woes, she had no issue with telling Ardoxshoth. Mine is splendid and perfect…he wouldn’t let me eat all the things at the feast and we didn’t dance because we would have tripped people. He did let me have the best fur from his bed, but another would not go amiss. He is dear and wonderful and the best. Inannath had no idea she might be getting hers in trouble. Of course he is the best, I picked him. He just thinks he knows best. I will break him of that habit. The green dragon shifted closer to the gold one. You will collect everything that you want. Of this I have no doubt. Though Inannath might covet any luxuries that Ardoxshoth collected. And in the future…there might be some coveting of dragons as well… but that was for when they were older.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:01 pm
Although her travels had taken place just after Threadfall's return, Yunara had certainly experienced a few different climes quite unlike this one. It had been dangerous, and she'd been aware of the risk she'd taken... a calculated risk that had clearly paid off in the end. However different the reward was than what her younger self had imagined, she could not regret it. "Hmm, yes. Do you have proper winter gear?" she asked him absently, and then thought about her own experience during Impression once more. R'nori was right about one thing, which was that what one imagined Impression was like did not come close to the real thing.

"I agree. I feel totally different than I did before Impressing her. It's... unbelievable, except that I know it's very real." To open up to another like she was now, well.. it was almost so far from Yunara's usual behavior that she might as well be a different person. At the same time, she'd never felt so alive, and never at all so much herself. "I don't know if this makes sense, but I sort of feel... more myself? Than before." Did it make sense? She truly wasn't sure.

Ah, but Ardoxshoth was all too familiar with the woes that Inannath described. After all, Hers had not allowed her to run roughshod over the entire gathering, taking what she willed. Wasn't it her due, as one of High Reaches' queens? Surely it was. Well, you should certainly have more furs. However nice the one fur might be, another would be better. How could they not be sitting in the lap of luxury? They were, as Ardoxshoth had heard it described, Pern's future. Mine is much the same, she agreed, although she had to hold that Hers was perfect in every way, no matter how inclined toward minimalism she might be. What a silly idea, that was. One day, I will have all of the Sparklies I want, and everything else besides.

One day.

faesinger

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items