[PRP] Housewarming (Nashwa/Fahn+Dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:58 am
Things had been difficult lately, with the shortages in tithing, but Nashwa had been doing everything she could to help...which was, to be honest, frustratingly little in the scheme of things. She fished, she foraged, and she made a conscious effort to eat less. Now and then, when Altan brought a reply to her letters home, it would be accompanied by a little homemade treat from her doting mother, though Nashwa had asked her to keep it very small and very occasional after the relative bounty she'd sent when she and Fahn had been injured. Receiving such gifts, even small ones, made her feel guilty, and more often than not she shared or gave them away.

Today she had chosen to keep the two slices of sweet, spice-swirled bread, because it was a special occasion and she was expecting a guest. The day to move out of the Barracks had finally arrived...for most of them, anyway, but there was one exception, and though she knew Fahn harbored no hard feelings over the accident, Nashwa couldn't help but feel terrible. Especially on a day like this.

She and Ilaorunth had received a little hut on the beach, and her bonded had happily fixed her wallow to be just so while Nashwa made herself at home. Granted, more personal touches would have to wait until they were graduated and could acquire (not to mention afford) such things, but it was personal space, and that alone was delightful. Once she'd arranged things, she'd headed off to the Dining Hall, right about at the tail end of breakfast time. She skipped over the food, procuring two cups of weak klah instead, and let Ilaorunth know she was on her way back.

Alenciath, dear, I imagine the Barracks must be starting to look awfully empty...would you and Yours like to come and visit us on the beach? She shifted in her new wallow, pawed a little more here and a little more there...yes, that would do nicely for receiving a visitor.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:54 am
Being mobile was nice, even if Fahn still often kept her crutch close by. She'd been more or less cleared from the healers, but had been warned to take it easy. Fahn wasn't the type to be paranoid, of course, but she was already straggling behind the more physical training of her fellow Weyrlings and hadn't wanted to fall any more behind. She'd not truly felt behind until moving day.

Most everybody else was out, leaving her and Alenciath with the barracks mostly to themselves. It should have been humbling and lonely, but somehow managed not to be.

Alenciath rolled and sprawled in all of the newly open space available to her, finding it all quite charming for what it was. Do you think we could just sleep in the boy's barracks instead? she asked. Fahn laughed, already picturing her dragon taking up Demodeth's old spot. "Hardly. Ty'nan and His are still in there....I think," the bluerider was recovering from a lost finger after all and had mentioned a lack of flying as part of the process. But maybe he'd been ahead and they gave him a nice spot on the beach.

Which, on the note of the beach - Oh! We'd love to! Alenciath didn't wait for input from Fahn as she rolled up to her feet, already moving to leave. Fahn fumbled up - "And where are you going?" To visit Illaorunth's new place! She invited us!

While Fahn could have likely made the walk on her own, she grabbed the crutch just to be safe.

---

She'd not really end up needing it as she'd initially suspected - the Gold in her wallow was easy to spot and Alenciath went bounding past her to all but launch into the spot next to her. Wow! You almost have as much room here as we do in the barracks! she marvelled.

Fahn laughed as she lingered near the door of Nashwa's hut. "I'm sure the privacy is nicer, though."

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:26 pm
Ilaorunth rumbled fond greetings to her green sister, booping and nuzzling once Alenciath had landed beside her, unbothered by the kicking-up of sand. Hers often encouraged her to play with her energetic clutchmate, and she did enjoy her company. It must be marvellously spacious with everyone moved out! she mused. I am almost jealous, but I like being able to see the ocean from my wallow. The stone weyrs have their merits, too, but I think the beach is best. I can fit all the visitors I like!

Whether her neighbors would approve, she hadn't considered, and even if she had, she wouldn't have cared.

"Not that I've had it long, but the privacy is very nice," Nashwa agreed with a laugh, setting the klah on the table with the slices of bread and beckoning Fahn to enter and have a seat. "It's been so long since I had any privacy, I'm not sure I know what to do with it."

I have a few ideas about that, Ilaorunth chimed in.

"Yes, I'm sure you do," the blonde said, rolling her eyes.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:09 pm
It is very spacious! I can lay almost wherever I want - FahnMine says I can't go lay in the boy's barracks though. Isn't that silly? several of their other green sisters had been allowed to, so why wasn't she? Fahn neglected to point out that she wasn't a boy since really, it was a non issue. A few more weeks and they'd be able to stretch their legs in their own space. I'll have to test out both your wallow and Demodeth's ledge and see which I like better!

It would likely be the ledge, though not because of the nature of a stone weyr and more of the company it came with.

Fahn didn't hesitate to enter the little hut when Nashwa beckoned, carefully favoring her good leg until she took a seat. "Clearly, not worry about having to wear pants all the time!" if that was the extent of Fahn's issues with being bunked with everybody, she clearly wasn't too put out.

"Looks like you've got all sorts of goodies already! Looks better than the fish..." Fahn ran a hand through her hair, tucking it behind an ear. "I've never eaten so much fish in my life."

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:14 pm
That is quite silly, Ilaorunth agreedsiding with her sister on this. After all, it's not like they're using them! And besides, I'm sure that rule is more for the humans, anyway. It might be one thing if Fahn were the one trying to lie about in the boys' barracks, but Alenciath? It was, to repeat, silly! I will come and visit, and then we will both try out that side, she decided, a sparkle of mischief in her eyes. It sounded like wonderful fun!

Nashwa laughed at Fahn's suggestion. "I'll definitely be trying that one out sooner rather than later. It may be tamer than what Ilaorunth has in mind, but I think it sounds delightful."

"The klah's...well, about what it has been, so calling it klah may be generous." As she took a seat, Nashwa tilted her cup towards herself to regard it skeptically. "But the bread's a little snack from home. I thought we could use a little break from fish." Bless her mother - though such treats were only occasional, for several reasons, they were a comfort.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:28 am
Oh yes, Illaorunth understood it perfectly! If a similar sparkle of mischief glimmered in Alenciath's eyes, well..... Of course! There is hardly any harm in taking a peek and seeing if they saved the best spots for the boys. Even if those spots would, technically, have been beds rather than wallows that could have easily been filled by green sisters.

"It's what I'm going to try out when I get my own weyr - I'm thinking beach for us too," she peered out towards Alenciath, that glimmer of trouble perhaps a bit too sparkly for Fahn to miss. But she let it be. "Mostly because I get the feeling she's going to spend her time laying on someone else in their spot, so why take up a stone ledge she isn't going to use?"

It was very likely that Nashwa's gesture of looking at her own klah caused Fahn to do the same before she shrugged and took a sip. "Klah is klah - I'm hardly a connoisseur of it. It's all the same to me," even if there were some parties who would consider it sacrelidge. "Mmmm. I do love me some fresh bread," Fahn sighed. "I mean, if having a flit named Loaf doesn't say enough about my feelings about bread."

Back in the barracks, said flit lifted his head up on Fahn's cot, chirping.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:39 am
I should certainly hope they did no such thing! A flare of orange flashed through Ilaorunth's eyes at the very thought that they might have been given sub-par accomodations. She knew the Weyr would do no such thing, but...the principle of it was offensive. But we will see for ourselves, just in case.

"I'd not have minded either way, really, but Ilaorunth's always been a beach girl, and this way she can have as many visitors as she likes and never run out of space for them all...assuming she does get as many as she expects." There was no denying the gold quite wanted to be the center of attention, and have as many beaus as she could possibly collect, though she obviously enjoyed female friends as well. Just perhaps not as more than friends. "I will admit it's nice to have a view though, and it's sort of like a little house. It's cozy."

"I wouldn't quite say I'm an expert, and I rather prefer tea myself, but it does taste more like water than klah at this point." But it was warm, and better for washing down bread than just water. "It is hard to get better than fresh bread," she agreed with a wistful sigh. "Even the smell of it is perfect. I do miss spending more time in the kitchens...and when they smelled like something other than fish all the time."

Nashwa was very well aware that the Weyr was doing its best and then some, though, so it wasn't a criticism, just longing for a time when things hadn't been quite so precarious. Why, oh why, had certain bronze dragons made scenes at certain Hatchings? There were, as had become abundantly obvious, consequences for speaking out of turn: consequences for everyone.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:24 am
Alenciath kneaded at the sand almost idly, not quite ready to settle in when there was a whole beach that could be run - even if Fahn was still not ready to run it with her. Soon enough, yes, but the green was practically brimming with needy impatience over it all. Of course! I mean, we could go now! surely the girls were distracted by each other with talk of bread and klah and blahblahblah.

"Better consider setting up for the flooding, though." It had only been a few months since the beach had flooded and the weyrs upon it had gotten soggy and sad. While the Candidates had been set to helping negate the worst of it, Fahn was already rather eagerly considering just digging a whole trench herself. As though she was mobile enough (or strong enough from the get-go) to do so.

"I don't mind the fish so much - but I know what you mean. The occasional seawherry is far more of a treat than I thought I'd ever consider it." They were rather stringy birds, after all, and not exactly fun to butcher up either. And Fahn had been doing a lot of that while not being mobile enough for several lessons. Contributing, but not in the way she'd liked.

But there was still plenty of time to make up for that.

"I think when we're allowed to fly on our own small ventures we should try and scrounge up for a beach cookout of some sort." Mmmm, that sounded good.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:03 am
Hmming with thought, Ilaorunth considered Alenciath's suggestion that they simply go to nose about the Barracks now. It was almost tempting, but...it would be just as fun later, if not a bit moreso for the anticipation, and she could find a time when Hers was less likely to notice her absence. It would be rather conspicuous just now, and Nashwa was terribly watchful, though slightly less so than when Ilaorunth had been but a hatchling. She had, after all, grown more than large enough that she could no longer wander about inside and bother anyone - not that the gold considered it bothering! She just liked to get a look at the finer specimens of the Weyr, and make note of them for later in case they might appeal to Hers. Or Kadosse. Mine will undoubtedly notice and ask what we are up to. Perhaps the next time she goes to bathe...

That would be a prime opportunity, yes.

"Mm," Nashwa agreed, thinking back to the miserably squishy conditions. "Ilaorunth wouldn't like it at all if she ended up with a soggy wallow, though I'm sure by then she'll have any number of ledges she can borrow." There would undoubtedly, be boys willing to share with the flirtatious gold.

"I'd not minded fish before, but there has been an awful lot of it. If I'm over anything, though, I think it's the seaweed - definitely not my favorite vegetable." She was even hesitant to call it a vegetable at all.

"That would be lovely, if we can. Assuming things have loosened up a bit, once we're able." At the moment, most of what anyone gathered seemed to be going into the collective 'pot,' and she could understand why. Regardless of how honestly one came by their spoils, she could see where it would chafe if one person or group were dining on something other than the standard seafood fare, which was part of why she'd asked her mother not to send more or more varied care packages. It had been one thing after she and Fahn had been injured, but at this point it would have been excessive.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff