Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Up and At 'Em (Fahn, Alenciath + Ty'nan/Chinanazith)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:05 pm
The worst part of breaking her leg had been the sitting around. There had been no fishing for Fahn, though she'd been allowed to tend to chore that didn't require her weight to be on her legs so much. But Alenciath had been obviously listless - sure, she'd bothered Demodeth with great abandon, but her best and most favorite always of playmates had certainly not been in a position to keep up with her and while the green hadn't seen it as such, Fahn had felt it.

She was bored.

But 4 weeks in, Fahn was being allowed some tentative mobility. A crutch and very, very, very strict instruction to not put all of her weight on her bad leg. She needed to move it a little to help the muscles recover from her mostly sedentary lifestyle from the last month. Fahn, while antsy and eager to be moving, was at least acutely aware of the fact that if she didn't obey the strict instruction she'd be down for longer than had been projected before. But it didn't make her slow ambling through the Weyrbowl any less of a grueling crawl than it was.

Alenciath had bounded well ahead of her and then back several times by now and it pained Fahn to be left in the green's dust. Soon! Soon we can both run and play and nobody will run over you next time! Alenciath offered brightly in support. You're right, but it doesn't change I'd love to do that in the now with you, Fahn replied, heart practically bursting from the love of her dragon. And then we'll get to fly together like the others did.

As if inspired by the idea, Alenciath reared back onto her hind legs and flapped her wings once.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:05 pm
Since losing most of his left pointer finger while trying to fish, Ty'nan had been relearning how to use his hand. It hadn't been easy, and he'd missed a number of lessons as he healed and recovered from the shock and went through rehabilitation and such with the Healers, but he was at a point now where he could at least take up some of the chores expected of Weyrlings. Still, it was frustrating -- he mostly missed not participating in the flying lessons with his clutchmates.

Chinanazith didn't seem to mind, though, as he got to spend much more time lounging around with His than he would have otherwise. At least you're fit now, he said as they ambled across the Weyrbowl after another rehab session. We can catch up easily.

"Yeah, I guess so," Ty'nan replied. It was true, his hand didn't hurt much anymore, and he was regaining strength in it with every session with the Healers.

They were on their way to help gut and process the fish that the others had caught when he spotted Fahn and her sweet playful little green Alenciath slowly hobbling in that general direction. Turning slightly, he steered Chinanazith toward the pair. Maybe Alenciath could get Chinny to play.

"Hey, Fahn," he greeted, waving his ruined left hand. "Looks like we both got cut loose from the Healers. How's that leg?"

demon_pachabel

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:26 am
Ah, a familiar face! Fahn held up an arm in greeting as Ty'nan and Chinanazith made their approach, keeping half an eye on Alenciath as the green circled around to bound back to her. She'd not realized the reflexive habit she'd gained of trying to keep an eye on any bounding dragon after the accident and likely never would.

"It's a leg," Fahn answered, leaning on the crutch she had and holding up the offender. "They don't want me putting much weight on it, but they want me walking a bit so it can regain strength. I'm probably gonna still be limping for a bit once they clear me in a few more sevendays." It hadn't been the cleanest of breaks and once the misery had given way, it had been mostly itching and restlessness.

Alenciath was far from being a threat to trample her rider, instead nearly bulldozing her brother until she saw His on his back and instead screeching to a near on-the-mark stop to bump her head against Chin's. What are you two up to today? she asked, tail whipping from side to side like an activated feline who would go zooming away again at any moment.

Tatterpixie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:36 pm
" Yeah, they want me to exercise this hand," Ty'nan replied, studying his ruined finger. "Y'know, get used to using the middle finger like a pointer finger. Like I should be able to use the stub to help hold onto things, but it's going to take some healing and practice."

He slid off Chinanazith's shoulders and walked over to Fahn. "I'm on my way to the Lower Caverns -- gonna make myself useful gutting and prepping fish for storage. I'll walk with you, if that's okay."

Chin returned Alenciath's headbump with good-humored affection. Mine has chores -- his hand is still healing, so no flying or anything for awhile, the blue answered lazily. You wanna play? We can go down to the beach if you want.

demon_pachabel

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:18 am
"Oof. I at least still have my leg on the other side," Fahn admitted grimmly and perhaps without a certain dose of sensitivity that most would have had to not say that. Sure, impression had taken the edge off of her insensitivity by quite a bit, but..... "Does it feel weird?" She wasn't sure what qualified as 'weird'. Probably everything.

"Oh, that'd be fine! Probably better to have someone on hand in case I fall and can't get up," her tone was a joke at her own expense, really. "Sure has been a lot of fish - I never ate this much fish growing up."

Alenciath was all good cheer. We've missed out on all the flying because of FahnMine's leg, the first pair flights had been only a few weeks after the tragic trampling so she'd simply not been up to snuff for it. But soon! Maybe now that she's allowed to walk a bit Orioth will allow for it! Her tail swished violently with excitement at the thought. Ohhh! We could race!

Tatterpixie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:05 pm
Ty'nan slowed his pace to keep in step with Fahn's crutches. "Yeah, it feels really weird. It feels like the finger is still there, sometimes to the point that I look at it and I'm surprised it's gone." He waggled the stump for emphasis. "It still hurts a little, but mostly where the stitches are healing. It got sliced off right at the joint, luckily -- well, luckily for losing a finger," he laughed. He didn't mind Fahn's blunt questions, and he didn't mind answering; it was a thing that happened, and there was no sense in trying to deny it by not talking about it.

He laughed as she spoke about fish. "Oh, I'm used to eating a lot of fish! I used to be a Dolphineer, and so were my parents, so we ate like our dolphins ate," he grinned. "Lots of fish. I'm used to having dolphins to help with catching fish -- they would help drive the fish to our nets. Never fished with a line til now. Guess I won't be doing that again..."

We missed out on the flying too, replied Chinanazith. But we'll catch up, we both will. No worries here. He couldn't help but waggle his behind at Alenciath's tail swishing excitement. Yeah, let's race! He got down in a crouch, ready to run with his sister.

demon_pachabel

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:04 pm
"They'd have probably removed the last of the bone even if it hadn't been." Fahn had seen some grim stuff in the infirmary and she knew leaving a bone hacked in half was a surefire way to lose it anyways. But it sounded less painful to just lose it from the outset. Y'know...for losing a finger. "I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in no time!"

At least it hadn't been a thumb!

"I can safely say I haven't fished at all! They wouldn't let me!" Fahn almost sounded proud of this - though she wasn't. "Getting to help with the prep has been nice, though. I trained to be a cook so I felt a bit more at home with the kitchen work."

Alenciath wiggled eagerly. That means we get to have super special lone flights with ours! Isn't that fun! of course she'd find the rosy lean to the whole thing, half-bouncing around Chinanazaith before she stopped at his side, crouching so deep her rump wiggled in the air.

Okay! Ready....set.....

Tatterpixie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:44 pm
"Yeah, I'm sure it'll be no problem to adjust." Ty'nan studied the healing stump and the gut stitches where the rest of his finger had been. It still seemed rather surreal to him; he considered himself lucky that it was severed at the joint instead of the bone, though Fahn was probably right -- they would have taken the rest of that bone down to the joint anyway. Probably best it all happened at once.

He grinned at the girl. "Yeah, you were lucky you didn't have to fish! It's been... let's just say dragonriders aren't fishers, even those who grew up in the craft!" He finished with a laugh, knowing full well that he was including himself as a Dolphineer in that broad statement.

Perking up at her remark about training to be a cook, Ty'nan brightened. "I've done some cleaning of fish, but it was a long time ago. Maybe you can help me get the hang of it again!" Once more he laughed, more like a warm chuckle. "At least I'm right-handed!" he said, wiggling the fingers of his damaged left hand for emphasis.

GO! Chinanazith finished for Alenciath, taking off in a loping gallop toward the beach. An inherently lazy creature, the blue dragon knew she'd beat him handily and probably run circles around him at that. But it was still good fun, and they'd get to lounge at the beach, and exercise their wings so that when they finally were able to fly with their riders, they'd be ready.

demon_pachabel

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:13 am
"Lucky? Maybe!" Fahn threw her head back as she laughed. "But maybe it would be fun! Maybe they'll save some fishing for me to do!" Fahn didn't have much of a mind for the politics of the Weyr, only painfully aware of the situation they'd been left in because of the new duty they'd all been assigned - the meals would have been an obvious sign soon enough too. She didn't think a month of fishing would get them all off the hook, though, and there'd still be fishing to do once she was clear to limp on her own.

"I'm certainly happy to help show you the what's what of cleaning a fish - fortunately they're not very hard," fish were nice and meaty, even if she was getting a little sick of their distinct flavor. It was a shame they didn't have any ingredients to spare to deal with that. They had bellies to fill first. "And hey! That's the way to look at it! Makes it easier to handle a knife anyways....I think." Admittedly, she'd never lost any fingers to test that.

And Alenciath was off, readily bounding ahead of Chinanazith when he gave the call. She was a peel of laughter with every jumping romp and if Fahn hadn't known better the little green would have taken off into the air then and there! Just because I can't go up with you doesn't mean you can't go, though, Fahn thought fondly, completely enamored with the little green who was thriving in getting to run off without her in mind.

Though stopping was harder and she'd screech to a halt on the beach with the same grace she'd bodied all of her stops with, toppling and tumbling before being left in a laughing heap.

Tatterpixie

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff