Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:33 pm
User Image
With belly full, Itzal sat back to watch the other scavengers taking their share of the recently deceased animal. It had been many months since he had left the pack's lands. He tried to make his trips to the roguelands as scarce as possible, finding all that open, uninhabited space nerve-wrecking. He was so used to being surrounded by skeletons or bone piles of other collectors, that all that space was unnerving. All that wasted space! The roguelands were deeming with so many things to collect, yet no one out there seemed to be collecting them. At least not that he had seen. Perhaps he should try to go a little bit further than the Mava'Bunda's front yard.

Licking his lips, the hyena watched as two vultures squabbled over the same hunk of meat, their beaks snapping at each other. There really was no need for it, all this fighting in a land so rich with food. Didn't they see that? It wasn't even all rotting, yet.

Itzal gave the arguing birds a loud snort, enough to send the closest scurrying back from him in fear he was going to chase them off from the carcass. So loud. Who in their right minds could ever like birds? With a yawn, he got up to stretch his legs before turning his back on the creatures. Now that his needs were met, there was work to be done. Like the endless supply of piles he needed to sort through. It was about time he made a trip to the roguelands soon and he needed to pick out the worthy pieces for trade.

SilverLutz
Put it in the wrong guild and didn't notice. emotion_facepalm I was poking through his RPs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:00 pm
User ImageBö stretched as she exited her den, stomach demanding that she find something to eat before going about her day. She wondered if anyone would need her services today - perhaps some of the more rambunctious members of the pack had gotten into a scrap or had maybe even gotten a little too close to the Pride Lands and had a run-in with the lions that lived there. Bö truly was most happy when she had something to do, something to apply her skills to, and days without a bit of healing were quite dull.

Still, the day couldn't start without a meal, and she headed off to the area of the pack where kills were brought in. She wasn't surprised to hear the squabbling of the vultures that were picking at the remains of what was brought in, but she was she she'd be able to scare them off to get some for herself. A dark male was moving away from the carcass that they were fighting near and she figured she'd chat him up a bit first. Although Bö wasn't terribly new to the pack there were enough members that she hadn't met or patched up everyone yet.

"Bothersome little beasts, aren't they?" she asked, nodding in the direction of the vultures. "Don't they see there's plenty to go around?" If there wasn't she wouldn't be speaking with her fellow packmate right now. She'd be chasing them down to have as a meal herself.

Hoshi Lockhart
Sorry for the delay!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:09 pm
A nasty squabble was being carried out nearest to him, two vultures in a game of tug-of-war with the leg of some calf. There was hardly any meat left on it to fight over, but the greedy birds were both persistent to not allow the other to claim the morsel. He was transfixed in watching them, forgetting all about his unorganized piles back at his den and wondering if he could swoop in and snatch up some choice bones while he was here to take back. Something small that could be crafted into a nice necklace, because all this violent pecking was sure to ruin any larger pieces.

Before he could contemplate a plan on how to raid the pile, he caught the sound of paws coming towards him. Another hyena coming for a meal, no doubt. Or another Bone Collector coming for a limp or head to take back to chew on and clean up for their own means.

He debated forgetting about the piece of bone, as much as he'd loath to miss an opportunity to increase his horde for future business. He wasn't very familiar with most of the pack, preferring to stay out of their way as much as possible and work on his own unless he had some choice cut from a deal in the roguelands he wanted to share amongst his own. For the most part, he enjoyed his solitude. Maybe not a good trait for a pack animal, but he was too old to care anymore.

And snagging a bone from the pile was mighty tempting. So he remained sat down, only giving a quick glance to the female joining him, enough to see the brighter colors of her fur.

"Mm," he agreed, keeping one ear turned in her direction while the other focused on the mayhem before them. "I never did like birds. Vultures are the worst of the lot. Doesn't matter the amount of food, they'll always fight over it. Yet they'll scatter if anything on four legs approaches them."

SilverLutz
Ah, it's fine. I am quite patient and have lots to occupy my time. My delay was longer, I always lose track of time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:49 am
The older male didn't look at her as he responded, but one ear was turned in her direction and that let Bö know he was at least giving her some of his attention. His eyes were trained on the birds, watching them squabble and pick at the carcass.

"Mm. Useful in their way, but obnoxious," Bö agreed. Their caws were always so loud and unceasing at all hours of the day, no matter how far you traveling from the feeding fields you could hear them.

"I've seen you around but I don't think we've ever formally met," she added, turning her attention away from the birds for now. "I'm Bö. Wasn't born in the pack, but I've been here a few years now." There were plenty of hyenas to meet and while Bö had introduced herself to enough to feel like part of the pack there were still plenty she hadn't met yet, this male being one of them.

Hoshi Lockhart

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:15 pm
With the noise heavy in one ear, it wasn't long before their squabbling was threatening to give Itzal a headache. He was getting far too old to be dealing with all this excitement, but his eyes, always scanning for something useful on the ground no matter where he was, had been doing just that ever since he had sat down to watch. There was a certain rib that had caught his attention, stationed almost in the very middle of the flock. It was unbroken and, if he didn't have too many scratches from their beaks, could make a fine piece of accessory for someone. Or maybe that small rodent skull that still held onto the lower jaw. As soon as the birds finished fighting, he would love to snatch them up.

"At least they pick things clean for us," he agreed, still not turning his head towards her as his grey eyes scanned for more useful scraps. "Even if they ruin much of it." He gave a grunt of disapproval at that, narrowing his eyes at the birds of which they ignored, too busy in their own business.

"I like to keep to myself. I don't think I've met any but the group I joined with." He turned towards her than, just long enough to give a small nod of his head by way of a greeting. "Itzal'Iah. But Itzal is fine. Pack's grown since last I looked up from my work."

SilverLutz

[IC] Mava'Bunda Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff