A New Weapon | Ashura & Tsukikage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:32 pm
Kage narrowed her eyes at his words. Yes she did have a chance and didn't take it. She saw the cut on his neck, nothing fatal but it could have been if she had been a better fighter. She mulled over his statement. Perhaps that was the issue with her sister. She knew how to kill but didn't know how to fight or at least not a direct fight.

When he lifted himself up and left her blade behind she slowly moved to get up. She considered his following words. He could teach her how to make the sword, and possibly other weapons, into more than a tool. That knowledge, that skill would definitely give her the upper paw in facing her twin. However... that meant having to stay with this walker and learn from him. Walkers were not a breed to stick together for periods of time or even to show cooperation with each other for long. It felt wrong to think of staying beside him, having him teach her how to fight, to become his student. But if she could use what he would teach her against her sister... and even him. Oh yes that would worth it in the end.

"So I can learn to fight. How to wield my sword as if it was a part of me. All by having you teach me? And what do you get out of it?" She paused and then grinned at him before speaking again without waiting for him to answer her, "Sounds interesting. I do admit I am lacking in fighting prowess but really don't like the idea of placing myself under another just to learn.... However I do believe this will benefit me when I face her again."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:40 am
User ImageUser Image
"Don't worry, it's not a trap. You'd be dead if I wanted to kill you." In some way, that may have been reassuring. It was true, too; there was a reason he did not cut her throat when he had the chance.

"I've been training my entire life. I have all of this skill and knowledge, and it will all die with me." He pondered his motives, though they had not changed since when he elected to teach Genichiro. "No one can ever master swordsmanship. There's always more to learn and plenty of opponents to kill. If I train a successful apprentice, I will live on in them, and my journey will continue and their apprentices after that." He looked up at his sword, still dangling from the tree branch. "I will never be gone from this world." He was still as selfish as ever, holding onto the notion that those worthy of being called a master of any degree trained apprentices, just as his master trained him.

And, it appeared that she accepted him as her master, which, to him, confirmed his prowess. He was pleased, then raised his eyebrows at her next comment. "Who are you talking about?"

► Word Count | 200

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:12 pm
Kage moved to pick up her blade and the discarded saya so she could sheath it. She listened to his motives about wanting to teach her and gave a small nod. "So you want a legacy. To live on forever, or at least in spirit or memory." She replied softly. It was something many wanted but something she viewed as pointless. Who cares if you were gone from this world. Even if the memory of you lived on she could practically guarantee that one day everyone would forget about you.

But that wasn't something she was going to bring up to him. After all he was willing to teach her the skills she was lacking and if acting like she was on board to be his apprentice to carry on his legacy then so be it.

"Hm?" She had been somewhat deep in thought that she almost missed his question. Ah how best to explain her life long foe, the bane of her existence. "My twin sister. We, as our kind is usually like, hate each other and can barely tolerate one another. We used to work together on whatever jobs and missions we could get, and we did a good job of it. But lately things have changed and it's time for her to go join the rest of our family."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
"I will immortalize myself and my art," he reiterated. Though she listened, she did not seem to understand him. His desires likely seemed futile, and his efforts wasteful. That was fine. She did not need to accept his aspirations, only his instruction.

Her aims were simple, but he did not expect otherwise. When he started his journey, his sole desire was to kill the one he hated most as well. Slowly, his progress depended more on internal motivators rather than external ones. If she committed herself to the path as well, she would undergo a similar transformation.

She was right, though: purewalkers were not cooperative. That was one of the factors that doomed his relationship with Genichiro. That, and he forced Genichiro to train. Ashura was far more optimistic with this apprentice, as she had been given a choice. Unlike Genichiro, she wanted this.

"What's your name?"

► Word Count | 147

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:50 pm
Kage made a noise of agreement not really understanding, or wanting to understand, his thoughts. She moved to check her hanging clothes and found them still damp. Drier than she expected but still too wet to wear.

Turning back to him she gave him a blank look when he asked for her name. Shouldn't he be giving his name first since he wanted hers? But it really didn't matter to her if they introduced themselves or who went first. "Tsukikage." She replied after a moment of silence, "Will I be addressing you by your name or will you simply want to be called Master?"  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
He laughed, following her to the water's edge. "Works for me," he answered. "I'm Ashura." Little space separated the two kitsune. "And here's your first lesson..." Without warning, he launched himself at her, forcing her into the spring. "Don't let your enemy get so close."

Though he grinned, he did not laugh. The lesson was important, as were all those he had to teach her. It would be a slow process, even with her existing knowledge and background.

He had work to do.

► Word Count | 83

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:18 pm
Kage turned her head and rolled her eyes where Ashura couldn't see. "Alright Master Ashura what wisdom...." She didn't get to finish as he pushed her into the hot spring right as she was turning her head back to him. She plunged into the hot water but quickly broke the surface sputtering in anger. She glared at him but instead of splashing him, or trying to knock him in, she swam to the other side of the spring and got out. "Lesson received." She replied coldly before shaking herself off. This would be an interesting apprenticeship if all his lessons were like this one.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff