Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:24 pm
User Image

Nchekwube's paws drew gentle circles in the dry dirt below him. It was a quiet day (many of them seemed that way as of late, as a matter of fact), and the Amusu found himself with a shockingly sparse to-do list for the day. In fact, there was practically nothing that the young lion had to take care of in the immediate future.

Funny. During the time of chaos that seemed like lifetimes ago, part of him yearned for a world where things were a bit calmer. And now…?

The sand-colored lion stretched out his limbs and readjusted his positioning, casually sprawled out atop a rock, warmed by the afternoon sun. He took in a deep breath, held it for a moment, and released. A sigh of relief? Or maybe of boredom? Who was to say, for sure.

He blinked slowly a few times, eyes scanning the horizon. It felt... wrong to be doing nothing. Maybe he should find something productive to fill his time with?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:33 pm
He wasn't normally a whirlwind of drama but stranger things had happened in this world and when the chips were down sometimes even the most stable of individuals went a bit odd. It was for this reason that without warning, Nche found himself in the presence of Itiri.

There hadn't been any knocks, there hadn't even been any hellos, in fact there hadn't really been anything as the lion bounded over a rock and deposited himself unceremoniously in front of the paler lion with a decidedly flustered expression upon his features.

Not his usual look to say the least.

"How much do you know about females?" He pressed, still failing to provide a suitable greeting but he might get to it at some stage.

oo DeD

Epine de Rose

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:40 pm
Nche just blinked at him. Once, and then a few times more. To be honest, he thought he might have been dreaming up the lion speaking to him. Or maybe that his visions had manifested in some exceedingly strange way. It was just so... out of character?

"Uh," he started, having determined that this was indeed his Chieftain before him and that he had heard him correctly. "Me? I mean..." he trailed off. Nche was close to... his mother, he supposed. Rai was always nice to him, like a big sister. And of course there was Amatyala... but all that was a level of complication that he quite frankly had a difficult time comprehending.

"Certainly not enough to be an expert," Nche replied with an uneasy chuckle. "Why, have you gone off and angered one? Trying to find a way to make amends?" The chuckle turned into a cheeky smile. "Hello, by the way. Nice to see you, too."

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:46 pm
"Well that's not very useful," he sighed, forgetting that he probably should have kept that to an internal voice.

Nevertheless Nche had already moved on and the male cleared his throat, a quick wave of his paw and he had dismissed his own faux pas as well. Even if he wasn't exactly useful in that respect then perhaps he could still enlighten him or offer some insight into the female mind. Suffice to say that his own sister was much too reserved that she wasn't exactly the most useful comparison!

"I don't imagine I've angered her yet," he said at last and shook his head. "Actually maybe I have," he conceded and furrowed his brow. "She did tut and strut off," he murmured before glancing back towards Nche, brow finally raising in a quizzical fashion. "Normally they only do that when they're exasperated I believe..."

A pause.

A greeting.

Ah, manners, right.

"Afternoon, I assume you're well," he added. A cursory glance seemed to indicate that Nche was healthy so for all intents and purposes he was fine, right?

oo DeD

Epine de Rose

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:05 pm
As Nche watched his companion speak, his smile crept wider. He didn't know what it was, exactly, but there was something endearing about watching Itiri fluster. He supposed that he looked up to the Chieftain for so much of his life that it was nice to see that he could get knocked off his footing just that any of the rest of them. Plus, Itiri with girl trouble? How could you get more endearing than that?

"Yes, yes, I'm well," he replied with a wave of a paw, "Certainly compared to the trouble that you seem to be in, hmm?"

The lion relaxed again and lounged, stretching his paws out before him in his rocky perch. "Strange to see you so troubled, though. You're usually pretty good at these interpersonal relations things, no?" The lion squinted to his friend, as though investigating for the tell-tale sign that this wasn't Itiri at all and instead some strange doppelganger had taken his place.

"But maybe we can work it out. Did you… did you do anything that you shouldn't have, maybe?"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:14 pm
"I don't think so?" He paused to consider whether there had been any moment that he had irritated the individual in question and it was safe to say that nothing immediately came to mind. If anything, he recalled a particularly jovial meeting in which her very bright friend had flitted about with overwhelming energy before zooming off and leaving them to their own devices.

...At which point the conversation had died.

Not through fault of her's, she had tried to hold a conversation with him, he'd just lost the ability to talk for reasons that were beyond his comprehension at this point in time and after a while she had offered her thanks for the company and departed with one of those sighs.

"Actually, maybe," he rubbed at the back of his neck and grimaced. "I just stared at her for several minutes while she spoke at me," he admitted. "Then I think she gave up."

"Not my best moment." He muttered.

"I don't know what came over me, I'm beginning to think I may be possessed and something is playing games with me," he added. It was ridiculous of course, but how else was he supposed to excuse the sudden inability to say something as simple as 'yes I do like birds'?

"Do we have a way to check?"

oo DeD

Epine de Rose

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:24 pm
"Check? You mean, like…" his voice trailed off and he motioned from his own eyes to Itiri. "If that's what you mean, then… Not really, I'm afraid. All I can see is who you are, and as far as I know you're still you. Though maybe a little sick in the h-" he cut himself off, suddenly remembered an interaction that he'd had with a certain someone concerning the Chieftain being not quite right in the head.

Nchekwube narrowed his eyes and looked Itiri over suspiciously. "Just stared at her as she spoke at you, huh? Mind if I ask you, friend, who it is exactly that we're talking about, here?"

He had his suspicions, of course. He hadn't really thought much about when this 'strange behavior' was first brought to his attention. Only that something serious might be going on and that Itiri simply had a lot to worry about, or had some concerns that the Amusu hadn't been made aware of.

But maybe the answer to it all was much more simple. Not so much grandiose. Much more every-day.
Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:54 pm
It was an understatement to say that he looked disappointed. His face had fallen ever so slightly at the revelation that Nche's sight did not extend beyond the mortal realms and in to the great beyond. If he had been hoping for an exorcism then it appeared he wouldn't be able to receive it from Nche.

"I believe her name is Aphelios," he replied as he was asked for her name. He hoped he had that right, he had been listening when introductions had been made and he had even managed to utter his own name. If he'd gotten her identity wrong then there was absolutely no hope left for him in this world, or at least that was the conclusion he was likely to draw.

"Bright, very pink...some whirls," he waved his paw in the air to mimic her markings.

"Why?"

oo DeD

Epine de Rose

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:10 pm
Aphelios, huh? The lioness who had spoken to him about the Chieftain's strange behavior not long ago.

Ah.

For a few moments Nche thought about the young lions he had seen in cub love. Thought of his brother undertaking stupid quests in his adolescence after following his heart. Of his interactions with Amatyala, where he could never seem to find the right words. As though his faculties completely escaped him when he was in her presence.

The pieces of the puzzle seemed to slide into place as he looked his friend over again. "I was just… curious. She was the one that had told me a while back that she was concerned for you because of some 'uncharacteristic behavior.' Seems like she's the only one who has this complaint, huh? Could you… Could you think of any reason why she's different for you, Itiri?" He tried his best to feign genuine confusion, not wanting to put his own words and conclusions into the lion's mouth.
Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:33 pm
"She came to you, about me?" He asked in surprise and then stared down at his own paws. How often had he done this? As far as he was aware he had irritated her recently and yet that remark alone was enough to give him pause for thought.

"I only annoyed her recently," he admitted after a few moments and shook his head. Had there been other times that he hadn't recognised, had he ended up forgetting about the more embarrassing moments, had his own mind spared him the humiliation of recalling them? He couldn't recall them for love nor money and yet here they were...

"Good lord how many times have I done it then?" he added, moreso to himself and shook his head. At Nche's query he did frown though and pursed his lips. Was there anything unique about her, different, something that set her apart enough for him to just break... if that was even the right word for it.

"I barely know her, she is exceedingly pretty but -"

Ah.

"You can't be serious..."

oo DeD

Epine de Rose

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:43 pm
As the Chieftain started to speak of her, the smile on Nche's face gradually grew. Had Itiri found someone? Given his role in the pride, it was only a matter of time before their brethren started to talk how it was time for him to settle down (if it hadn't begun already). Nchekwube had quietly hoped that Itiri would find someone that he truly cared for—that brought him some happiness when the times became chaotic.

"As serious as can be, my friend," he replied, stretching out and hopping down from the rock to sit before the darker lion. "I rarely see you get flustered, so she must be important enough to get you riled up this bad, huh? He tilted his head to the side and peered at him.

"Have you thought about, I don't know, talking to her about how you feel?" Nche had always thought of Itiri as being so well put together. He'd never imagine that feelings for someone would work him up like this. Maybe he had just put too much of himself into his work? Maybe he needed to find a way to find some personal fulfilment? And what better way than to talk about your feelings to a girl you fancy…
Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:07 pm
"And say what, exactly...?" he asked curiously and shook his head. He seemed sceptical of the suggestion. After all he knew nothing about the poor lioness and a random male simply striding up to you to declare admiration was a bit crass, even by his standards. Maybe when he was younger, an adolescent, someone who was still learning how to function as an adult... But now? He had a little more self respect than that, more critically, he did somehow need to maintain his dignity!

"Hello, I think you're stunning, would you care to have dinner?" he rolled his eyes and gave Nche a long stare. "We both know that this is going to sound more like Heroooo Ah thhhhhh - hah -" He deliberately stumbled over his own words and released a groan.

"At the very least she does need some form of apology though," he conceded and took a breath. "Might I request some assistance with this though? I suspect I may need someone to throw something at my head when I begin to cease functioning," he muttered, a touch more exasperated than he cared to admit.

Perhaps if Nche threw enough rocks at him he may end up being able to converse normally again as well, a literal case of knocking sense in to him and then maybe he might actually stand a chance of knowing more about the poor girl than her fur colour.

oo DeD

Epine de Rose

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:19 am
"You could start with that, I guess" Nche mused, failing completely to hide the look of entertainment on his face.

As Itiri requested assistance, the Amusu placed a paw on his back in a show of reassurance. "Feel like you need… eh… supervision?" he asked through grinning teeth. He shook out his mane and brought his expression back to something more neutral.

"Of course, friend. Don't know how much help I'll be, but I'll try."

As he was led away, though, he couldn't seem to help but get one more jab in. "In exchange for letting me be a part of your wedding, of course."

[fin]

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff