Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:14 am
User ImageUser Image
He was collected, unfazed by the flurry of blades. Feline walkers were particularly sharp, and he did not want her weapons to find their mark. He responded, stepping to the side and around, tracing circles over the ground by her lead. She was frighteningly fast; however, he derived a great deal of enjoyment from this interesting challenge. When he was younger, he hated such exercises; now, he realized their value. For that reason, his sword remained at his side and did not initiate a counter-attack despite the openings he saw.

"I see," he began, evidently amused as their dance progressed. "You didn't take advantage of any of those things here," he only spoke during breaks in her attack, again dodging her claws, "but, yeah, you are pretty fast."

► Word Count | 128

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:15 am
She felt her anger rising as he stepped over and around every single attack she made but his words raised her hackles even further. That calm and ever so infuriatingly smug tone. She was not used to this level of pitched combat and felt the fatigue coming on fast. Muscles quivering as she made fruitless attacks, she knew she have to either wound him soon or make a run for it and with his ability to side step her she figured running was her best option but then it hit her...

Maybe just maybe... It was a risk but one she was tempted to take. It would end in her sustaining little to no damage beyond muscle fatigue well afterward. Time to see if this walker would respond to such tactics.

Quickly she bolted for a large sturdy oak tree and using those sharp feline claws, despite the muscles of her tired legs protesting, she was up and out of harms way. Foxes couldn't climb trees after all. "Well now... You're just not quite what I'm used to... Most fall before my claws by now. What kind of walker exactly are you? You're not the garden variety that's for sure." She made a pointed effort to not look into his eyes and instead cleaned a front paw with her tongue as she waited for him to answer.

Word Count: 227

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:17 am
User ImageUser Image
It would seem that she did not enjoy their dance as much as he did. Her frustration and exhaustion manifested in her movements before she finally disengaged. He was not finished, but he supposed this outcome was fair. If he was not responding, there was little need to continue. Not only was it fair, but it was also smart. She was overexerting herself, and every attack increased her vulnerability. She held out for far longer than he expected, though; it was incredibly difficult to maintain that level of speed for that duration of time.

She would have to come down eventually, anyway...

Her words were calm, contrasting sharply with her previous rage. "Glad you noticed," he smiled, looking rather charming for a walker. "I track down and kill other purewalkers to test my fighting ability." Similar to the furry feline, his words contrasted with his actions. He did not capitalize on the opportunities to end the fight. Based on their dance, he was confident that he could kill her if he wanted -- and the bigger part of him still desired to do so. However, there was another part of him that wanted to prolong their engagement. It had been a while since he had this much fun.

► Word Count | 207

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:18 am
She stopped grooming her paw and looked sharply at him. 'Kill other walkers...' That explained quite a bit. A hunter of their own kind. She'd heard of them but never thought to run across one. A shadow of fear, something she hadn't felt in a long time, rippled along her spine slightly raising the fur. He'd had the advantage the whole time and could have easily killed her.

Closing her eyes for a second she briefly calmed herself before opening those flaming orange orbs and pinning him with a gaze.

"Well, that isn't quite what I expected you to say. I've heard of your kind Hunter but never thought I'd find one in my territory... I suppose you must be quite the boring type then? All kill and no play?" She ended the question with something resembling a purr to her voice. Tactics... It was always all about tactics. Which fit where and how.

Word Count: 154

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:20 am
User ImageUser Image
Her uncertainty was palpable, and he relished it; however, it appeared as though she was good at controlling her instincts. She did not dwell on the question of why he did not strike her down if he had the opportunity. His smile widened while his eyes narrowed just a touch, and he sauntered closer to her tree. She was much smarter than she looked. She knew when to disengage, and she knew how to redirect. It took Ashura a long time to learn how to control himself, and he wondered if that quality came naturally to her -- it did not seem like she had someone who beat it into her, anyway.

"Ouch," he began, chuckling lightly as he spoke, "I just danced with you and you're gonna call me boring?" He rose, resting his forepaws against the trunk of the tree to support his weight as he looked up at her, his pretty face just out of the reach of her dangerous claws. "Pretty sure I was the one playing around and you were the one trying to kill, too," his tone was playful, bordering devilish. "Come down. I was having so much fun."

► Word Count | 194

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:22 am
Her fluffy tail waved this way and that as he spoke but the chuckle make her ears perk and twitch as she listened to the resonance of it. She couldn't deny that he was a fine specimen of their kind, after all, his voice was rich if controlled, and lacking emotion. She rarely spoke to her own kind, usually shying away of their approach.

She'd been caught off guard at the lake when he first approached her and now she was trapped in this tree for her folly but that didn't mean she wasn't going to try and find a way down, preferably a way that left her furry hide intact.

She was about to pointedly ignore his question but decided to answer him, "Well if you're not boring then what do you normally do after you... dance and play with another walker?" She pointedly ignored his request for her to come down, instead returning to licking a paw and waiting for a response. Patient was the hunter who got the prey and patience she had in spades.

Word Count: 178

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:23 am
User ImageUser Image
Indeed, she was quite smart. He did not take challenges lightly; however, by her words, he was typically quite boring. He normally killed his playthings -- if he was meant to be entertaining, then his partners should be as well. This female had the edge on him in that regard, for she was rather entertaining. He knew how a fight would go; it had already played out in his mind. He would be the victor in combat, but this was something else. He could justify sparing this one, for now.

"If I told you the truth, you'll call me boring again," he teased. "Come down. If fighting is boring, show me what's more fun."

If she turned violent, he could adapt in an instant. He had learned how to read others over the years, and he could see that she knew better than to attack him again. Her first assault was a fruitless endeavor, and she attempted to surprise him then, too.

"What's your name?"

► Word Count | 164

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:25 am
"Hmmm..." She hummed at him the sound one of amusement as he called out exactly what she'd say should he tell her what he does with his other playmates, a teasing tone to his voice that made her oddly wary. After some time a smile quirked the edges of her lips, hidden by the flames that constantly licked from her maw.

She tilted her head a bit looking away from him and to the stars that shown brightly above them now, the sun having set long ago before she'd launched her first attack.

It was full dark, if she wanted to escape she could, her fur easily blending in with the dry dead leaves all around, but oddly something in her didn't want to escape just yet. She looked down to him again with his front paws resting on the gnarled trunk of the tree, but still out of her reach should she launch another attack. No attacking was a bad option she knew that now. He had too many advantages over her and she wanted to keep her life.

"My name? I suppose that's a fair question. You may call me Dead Reckoning." She waited, wondering if coming down from the tree was a good idea, but really he had her trapped. She'd need food and water eventually, feeling the edges of the hunger gnawing at her belly even now since she was unable to find food before he found her.

She weighed her options one last time before finally leaping from the tree over his back, shifting forms just before touching the ground, her landing smooth like only a cats could be. "Fun is subjective fox... But oh the fun I could have with you..." That purr was back in her voice. She hadn't turned to face him yet after she leapt down, wondering, waiting, planning to see what he'd do.

Word Count: 313

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:27 am
User ImageUser Image
"Dead Reckoning," he tested the name with his tongue. It was interesting, and he imagined it was what she chose for herself. "I'm Ashura."

Finally, she descended, similarly to how she had when they first met. Her back was exposed, and he understood this was another test. She was prepared for him, and even if he was able to kill her, she was quick and could easily outrun him. They were at an impasse of sorts, and it was in their best interests that the two of them behave -- for a short while, anyway.

"Fine, Squirrel," he ribbed, prowling up to her side. "You have all night to show me what you mean."

► Word Count | 113

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:28 am
She felt a rage violently explode inside of her as he called her that name... She was nothing like those twitchy little meat creatures that ran this way and that chittering endlessly but she quelled it, cooling the fires with the knowledge she got what she wanted. Another bed mate to spread their breed to the winds. She was still quite miffed the last set got charmed... Her father would pay for his insolence one day if she had anything to say about it.

She shook herself back to the here and now realizing she was quite vulnerable with him at her side. Instead, she turned a bit the end of her tail brushing under his chin, "Come then, Fox..." She purposefully avoided his name since he insisted on calling her names. Looking back over her shoulder she led him deep into the woods, well away from her cavern home, to a small thicket she knew had soft grasses and a good covering on all sides so they wouldn't be disturbed.

She had every intention to wear this fox out with their... Activities this night then just before morning slip out undetected to live another day.

She hoped she never saw him again after this but something in her warned her that this was not the last time she'd see his face smirking up at her while she sat trapped in a tree...

Word Count: 233

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:29 am
User ImageUser Image
This was a different kind of excitement - one that he had not learned to control quite yet - and his tails betrayed his emotions as they flicked behind him. Dead Reckoning got the better of him, and he did not care. This evening was a welcomed change of pace, and he would be able to continue his endeavors in high spirits tomorrow. One walker that slipped away would not trouble him much; he knew he would not find her in the morning. She had entertained him nonetheless, and he liked her version of fun.

Surely, Ashura would remember this fiery squirrel.

► Word Count | 100

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces