[SHOP EVENT - 2.5] Monster Hunter - Lead Astray

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Only those who have posted in [Chasing Fairies] and [The Falling Tree] can post here!

"Just a little further!" Nowhere circles around you, a gleam in his eye.

"The stream is just ahead! Can you hear its tricky waters?"

You try to listen, but the owl is off again. As you hurry to keep him in your sights, the trees seem to be closing in more tightly. Does it appear to be getting darker? Following Nowhere becomes increasingly more difficult, but the owl assures you that you are almost there!

You begin to realize there is absolutely no body of water anywhere in this direction.

Perhaps his mate had been the wiser choice after all...

Rules
  • Each character will roll one 10-sided dice (1D10) and edit in an appropriate response.
  • Please indicate which prompt you are responding to.
  • Please post for your characters individually when responding to the prompts.
  • Please use your Character Cards to keep track of your Action Points and Items.
  • You may only post in this area if you have completed the previous prompt.
  • For every response over 150 words your character will receive 1 RP point!
  • If you find yourself struggling to understand please seek guidance in our [FAQ]. If your question hasn't already been answered, kindly fill out the form provided and post it. You never know who might have the same question as you!

How to Play
Looks like Nowhere may have been incorrect with his directions after all! Each individual character will roll one 10-sided dice (1D10). Use the list of prompts below to react and respond accordingly.

Your character rolls a 1-8: After a little while, it becomes evident to you that there is absolutely no body of water located in this direction. You turn back to go find Anywhere.
    Quote:
    Characters will return back to this thread and post that they are following Anywhere.

Special Note: You cannot collect the item from both Nowhere and Anywhere. You will only collect the shimmering feather from Nowhere.

Your character rolls a 9: Your guide sure is confident this is the correct path. You continue to follow his guidance and search the area, getting lost further.
    Quote:
    Characters must roll one (1) D10.
    If they roll a 1, 3, 4, 6, 7 or 10, they can return to this thread and post that they are following Anywhere. If they fail, however, they will end up lost and unable to continue their quest.

Special Note: You cannot collect the item from both Nowhere and Anywhere. You will only collect the shimmering feather from Nowhere.

Your character rolls a 10: You continue to wander aimlessly, truly believing that Nowhere is correct and the river is just over there... Wait. Where did Nowhere go?!
    Quote:
    Your character has become terribly lost. They wander around for quite some time before, somehow, returning home, unable to complete their quest.

Straye rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:43 pm
User Image
Characters Title: Beginner
Actions Points: 3

Current RP points:2 +1
RP points used: 0

Items:
Shimmering Feather

Items used: 0
Total Item points: 0

Word count: 171

He's a quick fellow... I... don't hear any water thou... Actually - Pausing in her trek, she lifted her nose from the earth and inhaled deeply - I don't smell any water either. It became quickly evident that he was lost, and if she didn't think fast, she would be too.

"Friend, forgive the jest, but we appear to be going Nowhere - I need to be Anywhere but here!" Her jibe was lighthearted and she paused to orient herself with her position.

The deeper in she'd come, the tighter the trees. Darker, potentially in the shadows of a mountain? Ah, it hardly mattered the why. What was important was she'd learned a lesson.

Never follow a bird called Nowhere, because Nowhere is the only place he'll get you. Always follow the bird called Anywhere, because she'll get you anywhere you need to be!

A motto to live by, if she ever got out of these ancestor-forsaken woods. Retracing her steps and following her scent back, she went back to where they'd started.

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
The Moshmonster rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

The Moshmonster

Timid Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:02 pm

User Image

Current RP points: 3

Items: Shimmering Feather;
Items used:
Total Item points: 2

Word count:

xxxxxxOcean Relic's feet pounded against the ground as she flew under Nowhere's shadow -- that is, when she could see the silhouette of the bird above her. Her ears pricked for the cheerful sound of the brooks or streams, or even the splash of the river where she was destined to arrive, however... she didn't hear a thing. Nowhere kept calling to her and encouraging her but her pace began to slow and anxiety began to creep through her abdomen and up her throat, threatening to restrict her airway. The dark encroaching around her only enhanced that tightening in her chest and she called out, "I don't mean to, uhm, question you Nowhere? But... where exactly are we heading?" Her thoughts ran to her mate, hoping she was not facing a similar fate with her choice.

xxxxxxAfter more than a few moments of silence she slowed to a stop. Whether deliberately or not the bird had duped her. Her face grew hot, her ego was bruised; she hated being the butt of a joke she wasn't in on. Ocean gritted her teeth and called into the sky, "Nowhere, that's a perfect name as that is where you are leading me! I should have followed my mate," she paused, frowning, "I'm off to find our mates, hopefully, yours has more sense of direction," she moaned before turning around to find Anywhere and hopefully be led to the river this time.  
belloblossom rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:17 am

User Image

Current RP points: 2

Items: Shimmering Feather

Word count: 198

Quote:
Characters will return back to this thread and post that they are following Anywhere.

The bird's confidence was contagious. Despite not knowing at all where she was going, Meadowsweet was happy to follow the owl further and further. Only... he kept speaking about a stream of some sort. He kept urging her forward and speaking about hearing the water. She perked up her ears, straining to hear the water he spoke of, the stream he was supposedly leading her to... but to no avail. Eventually she stopped and looked up at him curiously.

"You know, you remind me a lot of my own owl, Dawn." She informed him. "Dawn loves to tease me... are you teasing me?" She fixed him with a stern look. "I do not like to be teased! I don't think you actually know where you're going at all! I think you're just being mean!" She barked at the featherbrain. "Well! There were two of you, weren't there? Maybe your friend will be nicer than you are! You... mean-spirited beastie!" She huffed.

Okay, that was going to be the last time she gets derailed. She had a mission to accomplish. She wasn't about to let some birdbrain boss her around. She had bigger things in mind! Turning around, she darted back the way she came. Honor and glory here she comes!

(WC: 210)  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
MiddyGlow rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:20 am

Characters Title: Monster Hunter
Actions Points: 5

RP points used: N/A

Items: shimmering feather
Items used: N/A

Word count: 156 164 152

Wild Holly was still following Nowhere and it took her a while to realize that was exactly where they were going nowhere. "Well, I feel foolish." She said her tone a bit sheepish "I should have known better." She chuckled and then she called up to Nowhere. "Sorry but I'm going back to try to follow your mate this path is getting us well.. nowhere." She laughed at the silly joke. Then again even the miss-steps could lead to interesting things. She turned around to head back to catch up with the other group that was following Anywhere rather then Nowhere. She shook her head thinking on the cave that Nowhere had mentioned she did want to see it someday, but right now she was on a mission to find a fish, not find sparkling stones. She chuckled again feeling so silly about her mistake to follow an owl named Nowhere, nowhere.

(152)  
Krysin rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:49 pm

Items: Shimmering Feather
Items used: n/a

Word count: 321 331 317

"...and I'm sure you know what it's like to be in love, and I dare to say that you would do anything for Anywhere." She had been following Nowhere for a while now, her voice drifting up to the owl soaring above her. The owl had been suspiciously quiet, though Lady was too wrapped up in her thoughts to notice. "I am doing everything I possibly can to get Kale to notice and appreciate me. I went on a quest alone and without his aid, to prove that I'm a capable mate. I'm strong, independent, crafty, and together we would be renowned throughout all of Kells. Our children will be the greatest Monster Hunters to ever exist, and our names would never be lost to time."

Her voice shook a little with youthful and hormone-induced emotion, "I brought him a Kirin, and all he could focus on was this next hunt, for a fish. Of course I will bring it back to him, because I love him, but I brought him a MAGICAL PONY and it didn't even catch his attention. Of course, Arcstrider decided to bail on me at that moment, but I had plenty of proof that he exists."

Finally, Lady took in her surroundings and noted that the forest only seemed to be darkening. They were going deeper into the woods and further away from water. Sniffing the air, she could not even catch the scent of a river or stream nearby. She had been following Nowhere blindly, trusting him based on faith alone that he would know the way to the river. There was likely a lesson to be learned here, but Lady was too upset by this turn of events to learn it. Lady scowled and fixed her gaze on Nowhere. "This isn't working out, I feel like you're not even listening to me. I'm finding Anywhere and going the right way."

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

oo Ded rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:39 am
User Image

Items: Shimmering feather
Items used:
Total Item points:

Word count: 163

Maybe she had been too hasty. Maybe she should have actually listened to what the owls were talking about instead of being busily distracted by the path in front of her. Maybe then she would have had a better idea of which owl's advice to take.

Maybe she would have thought about the fact that following an owl named 'Anywhere' was probably a better bet than one called 'Nowhere.' In fact, hadn't Kale even said something about the owls' names? Looking for Anywhere but only finding Nowhere? If she'd paid attention, she probably would have put the pieces together a little better…

The place where Nowhere was leading to had no sign of water in sight. "Listen, so…"

Her steps slowed to a stop. "I appreciate the, uh, effort and all. But I think I'm gonna just… turn back." She should go see if Anywhere was willing to show her the way. She wouldn't explicitly tell Nowhere, or anything. But… well. Yeah. Whoops.

Pijrrh rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:41 pm

Actions Points: 5AP

Items: 0

Word count: 179

As the underbrush got thicker and thicker and harder for her to follow, Amber got irritated and snorted loudly before sitting down and refusing to move. "Listen, you. Do you *actually* know where you're going?" She paused for only a brief moment before making a decision. "Actually, never mind. It's pretty clear that you don't and I really don't have time to waste here. I have a reputation to uphold and this isn't helping." Amber stood, glaring up at the owl. She swished her tail irritably as the owl looked down from a perch just out of her reach. "You're lucky I can't reach you because I'm seriously considering eating you," she declared, and her demeanor made it crystal clear she was entirely serious. Without another word she turned and stalked off back to where they'd began the trip, hoping to ask Anywhere to lead the way instead. If *both* owls were just pretending to know she'd definitely eat one of them. Or both of them. It'd depend on how hungry she was after a second wild goose chase.

[179]  

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200
[Quests] Monster Hunter Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers