Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Worry Softly (Loctius+Shoxiel)(Fin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:30 am
Ever since being led off the sands, Shoxiel's mind had been churning. He'd stood on plenty of sands, had stood for quite a few clutches now. But this one had rocked him more to his core, had left a wobble to his knees and an uncertainty in his step. The touches with eggs he found more memorable, though there had been no denying the impact of the woes of the little yellow egg. Babies were prone to tantrums and being done with it all. But he's frazzled from the outstretch of emotions, of looking back on himself and feeling wronged; angry, unjustified and teeth-sunken-deep.

It had been washed away by seeing his foster brother in tears upon the sands, and though he was loathe to admit it, he had craved to go to his side and fuss over his younger sibling to make certain he was alright. The chance just hadn't come until now, led along by Keeper's steady guidance, to their cots. It certainly seemed a bit dimmer in here… but Keeper was adamant, circling until she landed on one of the cots with a solid thwump of weight that a dainty green shouldn't possess.

"Loctius..? You okay?"

Spockat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:08 pm
Capek gave an indignant squawk at someone finding their hiding place. It was dark little hidey hole. Cobwebby, filled with dust and old hides. Perfect for people to dump something in storage and to keep the glows dim. The firelizard had been sitting as prim as a gargoyle, opening his not very threatening mouth in a minute roar. It was just Keeper! He flew around the little green with a good natured chatter.

Loctius sat on a disused table, dustmotes swirling in the dimness. Swinging his legs over the side, deep in thought a second.

“Well it sucked thats for sure,” he rolled his eyes, doing his best not to bristle defensively. Couldn’t a man just have a few minutes himself to digest what a telepathic dragon jostled in his brainmeat? No, no of course not. That was the business of older brothers, clearly. Well.. maybe that yellow swirl egg had a brother who wanted to be sure they were okay too..

“Who pisses off a little baby that sharding much. What upsets something so little so much. ” He’s seen their younger siblings howl out a tantum, scream when their food wasn’t cut right. Loctius hoped dearly that it was such a simple thing, not. Hurt. That it had echoed in his heart and pulling him deep into it.

Prism Shine
[I yeeted him into a hidey corner lmaoo what a emo loser

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:32 pm
Keeper’s melodic little cheeps at Capek were more vibrant at his little threats, turning to croon up at the little blue before taking off to spiral around him in little rolls and turns. Her eyes turning from blues and greens to a soft purple of affection, before she darted in between a couple shelves and disappeared from Shoxiel’s sight.

The older candidate sat down on a chair, gazing up at Loctius quietly -- letting his brother get out some of that emotional build up the touching had caused. It had been a morning, that was for certain, and he hummed quietly in agreement.

“You remember when our brother was that tiny? Barely a few months old, not talking yet, but.” He put his elbows up on the table, gazing out across the room. “And he got colic so bad that not even Shalbyath could get him to calm down?” That had been… awful. Nothing had ever calmed him down, except time. “I just wonder if sometimes babies just get upset. I hope that was like this one, and no one upset that little egg. I was not near that side of the clutch when it got upset.”

He sighs, a bit soft, as he puts his chin in his hand and gazes up at Loctius. “It could not have been all bad, could it? No eggs that made a good -- ha, -- impression on you?” Shoxiel could think back to the black and rainbow egg, how gentile and polite it had been, though shakes the feeling off. He’s here for Loctius, after all.

Spockat
Perfectly fine ;P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:54 pm
Yes, yes. Loctius supposed he did remember that. The wailing that wouldn’t stop all night, and sleeping with his head between his pillows. “I hope it was like that too. That little dragon was hurting, everything feels big until you’re a little taller with perspective.”

He shrugged offhandedly. He wasn’t really interested in diving into what had..rattled him. Shoxiel loved him, was family, but there’s just some things that felt too sharding personal. How unfair things could be. Maybe like their kid brother, time would wiggle it out of him. Instead he watches Capek who appeared a moment from behind a shelf, only to squawk indignantly when he was spied.

“The two I saw were real interested in just having a good time. I wonder if they get bored?” Loctius swings to fold under him, staying parked on the table. “Really sucks for them their little party was over before it began. What was the otherside of the clutch like?”

Prism Shine

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:59 pm
“Absolutely is.” He was just out of his teens, and sometimes Shoxiel still felt knee-high and clutching at Nona’s leg. But he’s a responsible 20-something, sitting with his younger brother and doing his best to calm them. Even if he seemed to be dodging the issue.

A hide fell with a heavy noise, pried free by Keeper’s desire to weave between the shelves contents. Shoxiel sighed, standing to put it back -- and wave the naughty green firelizard away. “Behave, you.” He admonishes softly, as Keeper dove to hide by Capek.

“Maybe,” He shrugged, loping back to lean against the table next to Loctius. “Maybe they’ll be raring to party by the time the hatching happens. I thought I saw you dancing out there.” A kind smile, bumping their shoulders together. “The other side? Hm.. Polite, at least the few I touched. Kind -- that little rosey egg was so sweet, reminded me a bit like you.” The last egg he’d touched, purple glitter, had been quite the large personality -- all three so unique, leaving him feel warm from the experiences.

Shoxiel shrugged, “I can’t wait to see who they hatch into, I had quite a nice time.”

Spockat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:30 am
“Completely dancing, those two wanted entertainment” He looked up to see Capek pushing scrolls off the shelf, stopping in slow motion as he was spied. “You know I’d give them a party,” Loctius smirked in the dark. “The Feast, biggest boldest of all parties. I hope some of those little ones dress up.”

He leaned back looking at the ceiling, slowly kicking his legs. “That rosey egg is probably an amazing dancer, then. And probably the best brother of the bunch, yeah?”

“Shouldn’t be too long now I think,” Loctius means in other ways. Like every clutch would one impress - both - none? They had been candidates together a while, it was almost a little strange to think one would go on or stay behind without the other. Such was weyrlife, he supposed. "Not gonna swap if there's a next time right? Nona would never forgive us."

Prism Shine

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:15 am
“No one can throw a party like you, Loc.” Shoxiel let the quiet moments permeate over him, struggling to find words of comfort to reassure his brother. At least Loctius hadn’t been in a worse state before he’d found him. “Feasts and Graduations. Who knows, maybe it’ll be you to wear those gather-bests Mom got us first.” Seeing Loctius impress before him was something he barely touched on in his thoughts, and his nightmares subjected him to instead. A rising high of seeing his brother find his soulmate, yet the crushing ache of being left behind in candidacy. Thoughts shared privately with Keeper, ones he couldn’t even share with Nona or Shalbyath.

Snorting, the man shook his head. “I doubt I could ever swap, honestly. Nevermind Shalbyath would drag me back with any dragon in claw as soon as those five turns were up. But you would miss me too much.” There’s a touch of sarcasm in his words, a note of depreciation, but it’s quickly covered up by a short laugh. “I’d miss you too much, too. And who knows, might not be too much longer.”

Gazing over at Loctius in the low light, looking for the careful sheen of salt tracks or a sign that the world wasn’t quite ready for Loc just yet. “Feel up for getting a mug of klah? I never stay warm in these old rooms.” There’s the silent implication he would wait, however long it may be, if his brother wasn’t quite ready, either.

Spockat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:04 pm
"Who knows. Could be you. Could be both of us. Both of us could be drinking ourselves silly after instead." Loctius wrinkled his nose with good humor. "Whatever happens, it's a party." With a soft ache of his heart, Loctius was glad his brother would at least stay at Western like he was. The idea of him leaving- for turns upon turns - was daunting. Letters can get lost and forgotten, and Loctius felt he couldn't bear the thought of his brother through ink and hide. Almost in agreeance Capek gave a disgruntled squawk.

"Shalbyath would never forgive us. We can't disappoint our 'father.'" Loctius nudged Shoxiel gently in the side with the elbow. He never minded the chill and the dust. He knew a ploy to get him from sulking if ever he saw one. Same as when they were kids, or barely teens with broken hearts. Fine..fine.

"If you're making it then yeah, I'm in." He grabbed Shoxiel's hand to lift him to his feet.

Prism Shine

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:25 pm
"Who knows! Maybe Nona and I will drink your share tonight." He had hopes for his brother, seeing him stand and again. There's a soft reassurance in his heart, knowing Loctius wouldn't swap, either. Let High Reaches have their dragons, his heart belonged in Western. Keeper winged from around a shelf corner, swooping in close to Capek before flitting over to land on Loctius' shoulder, perfectly comfortable perching on him.

Shoxiel snorted, a shadow smile of delight on his face. "I would never dream of disappointing Shalbyath." He chuckled at the elbow in his side, leaning away before taking his brother's hand.

"I will make it, fine. You get to wash mugs, though." Fair was fair, after all. And if it kept Loctius from sulking by himself, well. A win-win wasn't bad.

Spockat
Gonna call it there :3

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces