Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kells Wolves

Back to Guilds

Tags: wolf, wolves, kells, breedables, Roleplay 

Reply [Pack] The Fallguard (Redwoods)
[PRP] A Fishin We Will Go (Einarr/Silke)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
belloblossom rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 10 Total: 19 (2-20)

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:14 am
((First roll for Einarr, second for Silke. These rolls will decide what will happen when these two get to fishing!))
Edit - Einar: 9 - Upon getting towards the water, you spot a very big shadow in it. Getting close seems dangerous but you do it anyway... and end up with a huge fish gnawing on your leg! Yikes! +1 point
Silke: 10 - Choose what happens! Regardless, you will receive +2 points))
User Image

Fishing season had come at last and of course Einarr had asked Silke to come out and go fishing with him. He'd been out before, with fantastic luck and he was hoping to gain that same luck now, in front of a pretty she-wolf. He liked to think that he and Silke had been growing closer since their initial meeting, when she had first joined the pack. He'd been dwelling over it for a while now, about when to best ask her if she'd like to be his mate. If this fishing session went well, then... Maybe today would be the when he was anticipating.

"Thank you for coming out here with me, Silke." He said, bringing his thoughts out of romance and mates and turning a bright grin towards the pretty she-wolf. "It's a great day for it and now that all the merchants are around selling their wares in preparation for the Fishing Season, well, it just seems like the best time to go, you know?" He asked. He was a little less formal with her now that he had spent more time with her. He was able to relax around her more and it felt nice. He didn't have to put on a show for her all the time, boasting to be the best-even though he was-instead he could just unwind.

Of course on special occasions, like the day he might ask her to be his forever, he would still do his best to make himself look good. And to let her know that she looked good. And to make casual commentary on how good they looked together. He shook himself a little. There he went getting carried off in his thoughts again.

"Was there anything that the merchants brought that caught your eye? The cape with shells would suit you." He remarked as they walked on.

AlicornPlayhouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:12 am
User Image Silke had adjusted quite well to life in the pack, especially with Einarr by her side as a new.. friend? Well, that's what she liked to call him, but she couldn't deny her interest. He was strong and brave with a heart of gold, from what she could see.. not to mention that lovely brown coat! Oh, and his eyes, she could get lost in them for days on end. She would often say they looked as though the tide had met the forest.. and oh was it beautiful. When he asked her to go fishing with him, she was overjoyed! Though, she hid it well with a smirk and a soft agreement. Something new to try with someone as lovely as the stars above!

Silke turned her head to him as they headed off to the fishing spot, listening to him speak with obvious interest. "Of course, Einarr. Why, what a fool I would be if I didn't go out fishing with you." Silke said with a dip of her head. "It really is lovely, I can't say I've ever seen so many merchants in one place before. Oh, every time I think I've settled in something new comes about." She laughed to herself just a bit, letting her gaze wander around the immediate area.

She was getting better and better by the day with pack duties and the like, but she sometimes struggled to wrap her head around it.. her.. apart of a pack! Truly? Oh, her father would be so proud. She could hear him and her mother now, chattering on about how it took her long enough to settle down. Maybe, some day, this settling down would actually feel normal.

She found her thoughts derailed as Einarr spoke of the merchants once more. Though, this time, addressing their wares. She let out a sigh. "That cape was absolutely beautiful. How could I name just one thing? Everything was made with such care, all of it was eye catching." Silke insisted before pausing. "Especially a certain wolf I was walking around with. He was truly stunning." She sounded as though she was teasing him, just a bit.

belloblossom

AlicornPlayhouse

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:15 am
Einarr practically beamed at Silke's words and rather than walk forward, he strutted forward with a wide grin.
"Indeed, that's one of the perks of being apart of the pack, to be sure." He agreed. "I remember when it was just a small pack, too, but now look at us! Why, I wouldn't be surprised if come spring, pups will be abound. With how many wolves are in the pack, romance is sure to follow." He said, his cheeks starting to warm at the topic.

When Silke mentioned her affection for the cape, he put it in his mind to get it for her, using whatever time he had away from ventures to use with fishing. He would get anything for her, if she asked him. He would get her the moon itself, if he could, though it wouldn't compare to her eyes.

Chest puffed and tail wagging, Einarr's ego grew with the compliments.
"Oh, I completely understand. There was one she-wolf I had my eye on too, out on display." He confided in her. "Her fur was the colors of the sands of our precious rivers. The cape was a finely crafted trinket, but I wonder how much fishing I must do to have as lovely a beauty as her as my own." He pondered.

Perhaps he would've asked right then and there, had his paw not slipped forward. They'd come to the river at last and he had a wet paw to show for it. Well, no matter, he would have four wet paws in a moment.
"Ah, we're here! Now, to show you the trick to fishing..." He said and walked into the river. He kept to the shallows, the water swirling past him as it moved beyond. "Well, there are two ways to fish, really. The first thing you could do, if you prefer dry paws, is crouch on the shore and when you see a fish swim nearby, scoop it out with your paw and grab it with your teeth before it flops back into the river. That takes a bit of practice, and you have to make sure you don't let your shadow fall over the river, or that'll scare away the fish." He explained.

"However," He continued. "If you're anything like me and prefer to get your paws wet, you can enter the river. Unless you know how to swim... and sometimes even then, it's best to keep to the shallows. You get to stand perfectly still and then when a shadow of a fish comes by, you dive your head under, snap onto the fish and come back out of the water to deposit it on the shore." He looked around him to see if he could find her a proper example and spotted a long, thick shadow of a fish just a little further in. "For example..." He said, looking back to Silke with a wink, before he strode further in.

He was practically on top of the shadow now! Sticking his open jaws under the water, he blanched when he saw not a salmon, but a ferocious fish... with teeth staring at him! He jerked back, his head drenched and his eyes wide. He started back to the shore, only to feel something latch onto his hind leg. With a loud shriek of pain and surprise, he tore off towards the shore and thrashed his hind leg and the weight of the toothy fish attached to it on the shore, howling all the way. It was only when the fish finally dislodged, leaving several small incisions on his hind leg. Whining for a moment at the sight of the wound, but then remembering he was in front of a lady, he took a deep breath, flicked the water off his ears and turned around to face Silke with a smile.

"And that's how you do it." He said, holding up his hurting back leg, while gesturing to the dead pike on the shore.

(WC: 663)
AlicornPlayhouse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:41 pm
She couldn't help but look at him as he strolled forward with such confidence. Oh, how she longed to be so certain or her purpose, of herself. Being around Einarr always gave her a sense of purpose, though, even if just for a little. Maybe that's why she loved his company so much. "You've been in this pack for so long, it seems. I'm glad you found a home at such a young age, such a strong young wolf such as yourself would be wasted wandering all alone. Best put your talents to a purpose." She hummed softly. "I'm sure you're right. Pups are just the sweetest little things! I've always adored them." She mentioned softly, almost hoping her less than subtle hints would work wonders.

She kept her gaze on him, only occasionally letting it wander back to stare where they were walking. No need to run into anything. It was hard to look away from him either way. She always saw herself as such a basic wolf, which was why she adorned herself with the trinkets and jewels she found. But, Einarr... with his eyes, both so unique, and the colors of his fur all muddles with the gray popping out so vibrantly. It was stunning...

Silke couldn't help the small laugh that escaped her. She may be quite proper and put together, but even she grew a bit embarrassed. "I'm sure you won't have to do much fishing to gain such a lovely ladies affection, dear Einarr. Who could turn away the chance to stare into those eyes of yours?" She bumped her shoulder against his gently.

She found herself hopping back not but a moment after as Einarr slipped forward and got his paw all wet. She yelped softly. "Oh!" Her exclamation was followed quickly by more soft laughter.
She listened to him and nodded along, shifting her weight before sitting down to watch him. "Carry on, teach me all you know." She tilted her head with a sly smile. She listened intently, she really did want to impress Einarr! He was so good at fishing, from the way he spoke, surely it would be quite a task to catch his eye with her own inexperience.

She was fine getting wet, and her swimming was just fine, but she decided she would stay to the shallows as he suggested. He sounded so sure of his words as he waded out into the shallow water. What Silke would give to be in that water beside him and brush against his side. But, this was his time to teach, and she didn't want to overstep his boundaries at all. That would all but ruin her chance at being close to him!

She pulled her head back as he dove his head into the water, lifting a paw in a slight cringe. Ah, that must be stressful. The moment before the catch, it's now or nothing. You bite down or swallow a mouthful of mucky water after you've kicked up all that dirt. She expected a lot, what she didn't expect was Einarr to come running back out through the water, howling and yelping with a fish attached to him. She leaped to her paws, rushing towards him as he got to the shore."Einarr! Oh, are you alright?!" She exclaimed. She could barely stand the whining, Poor thing! She lowered her head to sniff at the small tooth marks on his leg, raising her head just in time to see him get his composure and look back to her. "You silly wolf, don't scare me like that!"

She shook her head just a bit, obviously more than amused, but also quite a bit worried. "Oh, yes, you did wonderful. An amazing catch. Now sit down." She insisted, nudging him gently with her head. "I'll give it a shot, but I'll be looking at that leg of yours, alright?" She flicked her eyes a little, pressing her node to his cheek before turning and trotting off to the water.

She didn't look scared of the water.. actually, she looked a bit mad at it. How dare something so beautiful hurt HER precious Einarr? Either way, she wasn't going to wade out into it now. What good would she be to him if she got bit as well by some angry finned beast? She settled down by the shore, watching the water.

After a few moments, she could've sworn she saw a shadow flash by and she dove her head down, chomping into the water in hopes of catching a fish. Alas, she did! A few smaller fish had been unlucky enough to swim by. But, in a less fortunate turn of events, when she came back up she found along with them a mouthful of sand, which she promptly began to cough out along with the catch. Ack! How did Einarr do it without going down too far?! Oh well, she'd get the hang of it someday, but, for now, her coughing was turning to laughter. "Seems neither of us were so lucky, huh?" She said as her gaze turned to Einarr. He still just looked so nice... a real heartthrob, no doubt half the she-wolves had him in their sight but, for now, he was with her, and that's how she liked it.

belloblossom

( WC: 884 )
( Total WC: 1244 )  

AlicornPlayhouse

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:35 am
Einarr was touched by Silke's concern, but embarrassed all the same. He would have to do his best to remedy the catastrophe in some manner or another. Though he suspected that he would not mind her fussing at him for the next day or so...
"I'm telling you, Silke, the kinds of moves like I just showed you... Fishing is an art form, truly." He perked his ears when she moved closer to inspect it. "Though, I didn't mean to scare or worry you, Silke. I'd never want to cause you any manner of stress." He told her, gazing into her perfect, blue eyes.

Feeling heat rise to his cheek when she nosed it, he had to fight the impulse to nuzzle his face into her neck fur in response. Before he could make the decision to throw caution to the wind, she was gone, storming towards the water. Had he offended her? Oh, let it not be so!

As he watched her, he slowly sat, marveling at how one could be so graceful both on land and in water. The way her fur moved around her in the current. She was doing remarkably well. He watched her dive her head down and perked his ears as it came up again. It looked as though she were carrying two minnows in her teeth, but mostly... it looked like she'd also caught a lot of river sand. Blech.

She spat the sand, as well as the two fish near his pike and his look of concern slowly melted into a smile. She was still in a good humor.
"Not lucky? We both caught fish, didn't we? I call this as decent a fishing trip as ever. Indeed, perhaps among one of the more exciting I've taken." He told her and got to his feet, keeping his hind leg raised. "That said, I think I've had enough fishing for one day. Let's take these pesky things back to camp and see if we can't trade that cape for our prizes, eh?" He suggested and picked up his heavy pike in his mouth.

His fishing lesson hadn't gone as, well, swimmingly, as he'd hoped. Surely he couldn't propose the idea to her now... But maybe when he presented the cape to her... yet, that would be an excellent time indeed.

(Fin~)  
[Pack] The Fallguard (Redwoods)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff