[IC Egg Betting] A Betting Crowd (CLOSED FOR HATCHING) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:40 pm
Remdianori bets that Rasthell impresses a brown.

Remdianori felt good and when he spotted Shalaera he started whistling as he came over. It was a brilliant day and a day like that deserved a celebration. What better way to celebrate than to place a bet on the eggs on the sands. “Hello!” He called as he got in earshot to gather attention. As soon as he was in a more normal voice talking range, Remdianori began. “Have I a bet for you! I bet that Rasthell will impress a brown. Hopefully any dragon, but I bet it will be a brown.”

And just for funs:
W’res bets that there will be at least 6 greens.
W’res was in mischievous mood and wanted something to entertain him. He finally spotted a hapless victim and curiosity over came him. What would be the counter bet. After all the bet he was thinking of was ridiculous and he wanted to know. Who cares if he lost. The fun was in the action. “I have a bet.” He said as preamble, all serious and earnest. “I bet that there will be at least 6 greens on the sands.” His face was deadpan as he told her this.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:01 pm
As Remdianori greeted Shalaera, both Euboa and Sylif stirred, breaking into friendly peeping - and the small green even reaching out one grasping paw to try and climb the young man's chest if allowed. Peep!

"Oh! Very well, I'm not sure who that is, but..." Shalaera made a quick note of the name and the color, "I bet that his brown will be on the smaller side for a brown - at least, smaller than average."

[Shalaera counter-bets that the brown Rasthell impresses will be SMALLER than the average size listed on the front page]

W'res was so deadpan about his bet that Shalaera had to fight to keep a straight face. At least 6? That was definitely...normal. Hmmmm. "I think we'll see at least 2/3rds of the greens impress girls," she was almost more specific than that - but she didn't want to make it too easy!

[Shalaera counter-bets that AT LEAST 2/3rds of the greens will impress to girls - and should the greens not divide into 2/3rds evenly, it'll have to round up! (AKA be more than 2/3rds]

Faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:29 am
There was always a bit of a swagger to N'kin, but never more so than when a Hatching was close. He found Shalaera and confidently placed a bet that the first and last dragons hatched would be blues. After all, blues deserved the attention at both beginning and end, didn't they?

En'cai swaggered less, but was no less enthusiastic. "I'm thinking the first one to Impress this time around will be someone not born to a Weyr. Neither one of them. It'll be someone brought in from some hold out there." He grinned broadly. "They're going to be in for a surprise."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:33 pm
"Did you have to take the last of the wine?" T'rik whined, his manner good-natured.

"Well, it was mine. And you struck out again, didn't you? When are you going to accept that she isn't interested in you?"

"I dunno... She let me brush her hair the other day."

Qiana blinked and said nothing, before shaking her head. T'rik was a weird one.

"Shalaera, how good to see you again!" T'rik greeted, beaming. Qiana's head shot up at the name, and she too grinned at the sight of the woman and her fair of flitters.

"Bets?" T'rik asked. He was fond of gambling, and her presence- as well as the clutch heating on the sands- was quite promising.

"Oooh, I hope it's that time again!" Qiana added, smiling. "Cover me T'rik, and you'll get that bottle back."

"Done deal. All right, Shalaera! I reckon of female Impressions, more will come from Western. And you, Qiana?"

"We'll see more twins..." The Wingsecond began, blue eyes showing thoughtfulness. "Just one set- a blue and green pair from one egg." Qiana ran a hand through her hair, readjusting her goggles.

---

T'rik bets that of female Impressions, more will come from Western.

Qiana bets there will be a set of twin dragons in this clutch: blue and green.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:16 am
Blue! Wallow was blue! The little firelizard peep-cheeped up at N'kin, reaching out one little foot to try and balance himself up against the man's chest, if able.

"Blues! My first was a blue," Shalaera reached out to stroke Mele, who postured over one of the greens and hissed at the offender. She bapped his nose for it. "Let's see.....I bet the first blue to impress will pick a boy, and the last blue to impress will be to a girl!"

----

"Is it a surprise if they're a candidate, though?" Shalaera asked En'cai with a smile, having scooped up the troublesome Mele to cradle like a baby once again. "I mean, I think quite a few candidates are Hold-born now a days, aren't they?" Still, she pondered the thought for a moment.

"I think our first impression will go to a candidate of Western Weyr." 'Our'. As though she had any involvement in the process at all.

[Shalaera counterbets that the first blue to impress will pick a boy and the last blue to impress will pick a girl

Shalaera counterbets the first to impress will be a Western Weyr candidate]

Samuel Carlin

----------

Laena let out a friendly cheep as the pair passed by before flopping uselessly onto her side, stretching her legs out like someone begging for a hug. Mele, still cradled in Shalaera's arms, hissed about it.

"Of course! How can we not have bets?" it was half the fun and Shalaera knew she wasn't the only one taking them.

Shifting Mele to set him down on the seat beside her, Shalaera considered the placed bets and what her counters for them would be. HmmMMmmm.

"The first girl to impress will be from High Reaches," Shalaera started, though the odds weren't all that great, "and I bet each of your twins will impress a candidate from a different Weyr - or from the stands. Neither from the same place, basically."

[Shalaera bets that the first lady to impress will be an HR Candidate.

Shalaera bets that if there are twins, they'll impress candidates (or standidates) from different places - if a standidate is from a Weyr, that counts as the Weyr so an HR candidate and an HR Standidate, for example, wouldn't count)]

Sweet Symmetry

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces