[PRP] Neverending (Kaikara x Ezen)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Picking her way gently up the craggy rock, Kaikara was retreating from the ocean. She hadn’t been down there yet; she’d heard of the fishermen who conducted their hunts there, but just a few moments ago was her first time on the small, secluded beach. It was nice. Nothing spectacular, but nice. Something she’d wanted to see and had possibly hyped up too much in her mind, as she felt a bit disappointed by how she found it lacking. And now, she was headed back up the steep path to the sea cliffs - her newfound favorite spot in the pridelands.

Finally reaching the top of the massive hill, Kaikara made her way to the cliff’s edge.She stopped, slowly settling back onto her haunches and curling her tail around herself. It was a bit chilly here, with the wind coming off the expanse of ocean, but she didn’t mind. The view was spectacular. From the beach, the ocean looked neverending. From the cliff, you could confirm that it, indeed, went on forever. It was hard to wrap her mind around, the idea of swimming and swimming and swimming only to never find land. It was astonishing and captivating and because of this, Kaikara was not as aware of her surroundings as she should of been, thus missing the approach of another.

{WC: 221}

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 3:02 pm
User ImageEzen was quite used to the water, though not quite in the state it was here. His old pride had been on an island in the middle of a lake that was frequently frozen over thanks to the cold climate they lived in. Here, even when it did get a bit chilly, the sea never so much as frosted over. The waves were quite enchanting to watch, especially right before a storm rolled in. They got so high he was sure even he would be swept out to sea and never seen again.

He was making his way to one of the many high points within the pride when he spotted a lioness already in the area he liked to survey not only the ocean, but the forest that bordered the pride on the other side as well. Ezen had been born to protect and fight and his guard was never down, even when he was technically off-duty. He knew this lioness wasn't a threat - he'd seen her before scouting - but he still approached with cation. He didn't want to startle her off the edge of the cliff.

"Seems I'm not the only one who appreciates high ground," he said, his voice deep and a bit gruff.

RuIerr

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:20 pm
Kaikara turned at the sound of a deep voice, a bit startled. She stood involuntarily, assessing the male before her. He was bright and white and a frosty blue, but his voice was gruff, which didn't seem to match but somehow, she thought, suited him.

She nodded and laughed a bit at his comment, replying, "Who wouldn't? I'm only surprised I was the only one out here for so long." Notice she wasn't mentioning that she'd only been here for a few moments; he didn't need to know the details.

"I'm Kaikara... of Heiðr." Tail swishing back and forth, she felt a bit awkward, still not quite sure how to introduce herself. As friendly and bubbly as she could be, something about the moment was throwing her off a bit. She felt a small chill run up her spine - likely from the windy ocean, but she couldn't help but think it was something more.

"Is this usually your spot? I'm happy to vacate if you'd like some alone time. I totally get it."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:55 pm
The sharp turn made Ezen's ears press back into his mane a bit. He'd tried not to startle her, though he was thankful she hadn't spooked completely and jumped. She seemed to relax, thankfully, and the little laugh confirmed that he hadn't put her on the defensive.

He gave a little bob of his head as she introduced herself, silent for a while as he glanced over the outlook they were sharing. It really was quite the spectacular sight and he should have realized he wouldn't be the only one to frequent the outcropping. Ah well...such was pride life, he supposed.

"I am Ezenziwe'Iqhwa. Nysno," he added, forgetting that he was in a house now. This pride was much larger than his former pride where he'd just been a simple guard of the queen. Things were pretty straightforward there. Here, though...what was there to guard if there was a maze that kept unwanted visitors out?

"It is," he confirmed. "But it's not something I can claim to own. And it's large enough for two." It was large enough for about four or five, but Ezen wasn't going to argue details. "Is this usually your spot?" He could appreciate someone who knew a good lockout spot.

RuIerr

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:09 pm
Mentally, Kaikara tried to count the syllables in his name. "Do you have a nickname, Ezen...ziwe'Iqwha?" A smile pulled at the corners of his mouth, finding his company to be quite pleasant.

The frosted male turned the question on her, and she cocked her head, then shook it. "Not quite. I'm rather new to... all of this, and just now finding out about it. Am I late? It doesn't seem so, seeing as no one else is around." She gave a vague shrugging motion and returned to smiling.

"Have you, uh... been in the pride long?" Kaikara was definitely not one for small talk, but it seemed somewhat topical. Having just alluded to the fact that she, herself, was on the newer end of things, it seemed like a good place to start. A name and a history. Simple!

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:03 pm
Ezen gave a little snort as Kaikara asked for a shorter version of his name. In his old pride he'd insisted on being called by his full name and only the Queen could call him Ezen. But he wasn't in his old pride, was he? Perhaps he should take a difference stance on the matter.

"Ezen will do," he confirmed with a slow nod of his head. It would be odd to hear someone else calling him Ezen, but he was pretty sure he'd never see Elsa nor her family again. It was time to move on.

"Mm. A few moons now," he went on, glancing out over the scenery once more. It was probably coming up on a full year soon, but somehow it felt like just yesterday that he'd found his way through the strange maze and come out into this land. He was thankful for it, of course. Being a lone lion hadn't done much for him and finding a place to belong was really what he'd needed.

"I wouldn't say you're late. You're the first lion I've run into up here, so I suppose sharing is an option." Ezen turned his icy gaze back to Kaikara, finding it odd that he was so willing to chat with a complete stranger. Usually he was rather quiet, but something about her demeanor made him want to keep talking.

"Are you new to the pride?"

RuIerr

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Skiringssal Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items