[PRP] Makeshift Family (Elibrie/Juhvek) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:52 am
"I'm not sure, actually," Elibrie admitted. "Not with Lullaby, either. Sneaks is hers, and Tunnelsnake is her friend's, but the other two eggs she...she must have bought." Hopefully not for too much. She was going to worry about that into forever now.

At mention of his name, Lullaby let out at a little cheep. Mystery heritage or no, he was clearly the best-behaved of the lot. "Not sure how I've lucked into all blues."

It was a funny coincidence, but made for a nice little matched set.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:57 am
"..." He'd not ask who 'her' was, just nodding along as Elibrie recounted her understanding of where all of her little blue boys had come from. "Or she was gifted them, didn't have the capacity to take care of more little ones, and passed them on to someone she knew would love and care for them," he offered as a more pleasant solution.

"Maybe you're just a blue magnet. We'll have to see, once the dragons come out." Or would Elibrie be simply aghast at the idea of being a lady on a blue, rather than a green or a gold?

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:09 am
"I know she doesn't want more," she confirmed with a little. "I can't blame her. Two flits already and two babies? My poor aunt has her hands full already." And there was her dragon to take care of, too, and her duties as a wingrider. Elibrie couldn't imagine she had time for much of anything.

"M-me?" She blinked wide eyes at Juhvek's suggestion, not scandalized but somewhat flustered. "I don't think a blue would want someone like me." It was hard to let go of the convictions she'd been raised on, the idea that girls belonged on golds and nothing else; a woman on a fighting dragon, even a green, just hadn't been considered appropriate. Which left her with the internal conflict that it was gold or nothing, but if she was being honest with herself, a gold wouldn't want someone like her anymore than a blue would. Goldriders were beautiful, glamorous, important women, heroines of both adventures and romantic tales.

Making it harder still was just how in love she'd been with Zenobiath's hatchlings of every color. Every baby dragon was undeniably delightful. But the chances of one ever being for her were just so terribly slim, so she tried not to think about it too much, and just keep her head down and go about her duties as a Candidate while she waited for whatever would happen to happen.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:29 pm
Firelizards, babies, and a dragon? Juhvek was surprised to not hear there was a dead dragonrider from overextending themselves with so many things to do. Then again, he wasn't as familiar with their ranks as people of more important standing were.

"Why not?" Juhvek dismissed Elibrie's hints of self-deprecation cooly. "There are women like you already on them, I can't imagine there being any reason you'd not at least be a consideration. Especially since you just attract them," Juhvek continued to idly stroke the blue he was cradling as he spoke.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:15 pm
Elibrie struggled to answer. Not because she didn't have an answer, or some semblance of one, but because it bordered and disagreeing. On the other hand, he'd asked, so she had to answer, although she was clearly uncomfortable, focusing her gaze on Lord Chomps and petting him to occupy her hands. "I don't- It's just- It's just not proper, that's all." Not that she disapproved of other girls on fighting dragons, but for her? It just seemed impossible. "Maybe they'll look, but I'm sure they'll...they'll know I'm not right for them."

Blue, gold, green, brown - what would any of them want with her?

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:07 pm
Elibrie was clearly struggling with her place in a Weyr versus whatever hold she'd been brought from, and Juhvek was trying his best to not be too stern with her - it was just his default state, really. "Whatever color picks you will be what is proper for you - because you will be the only being in this entire world they could possibly have as theirs."

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:38 am
"Of course," Elibrie agreed quietly, still looking down. He was right that the dragons would choose who was best for them regardless, but she couldn't realistically see that being her, for a variety of reasons. However much she hoped for it to happen, on some levels it also frightened her. Change was hard.

demon_pachabel
such a wordy reply I am sorry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:55 am
Again, she spoke as if to appease him and Juhvek kept himself from frowning. Was he coming on too harshly? Was she just dealing with culture shock? Juhvek looked down at the little snoop in his arms.

"You're gonna be alright, you know. It's okay if you're not absolutely sure right now."

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:25 pm
Elibrie took another deep breath and nodded. It was strange for her to hear even simple words of encouragement from a man, particularly on any matters that dealt with emotion and the like. Shards, it was terribly strange to have a young man as a friend, and though she deeply appreciated it, was still not entirely sure what to do with it. Most men, in her experience, wanted little to nothing to do with silly girls and their feelings, and weren't to be bothered with them. Getting past that was going to take her some time.

"I know. I do appreciate it."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:12 pm
He seemed pleased with this answer. "Good."

Meepfur
My brain went 'No, this is all you get' so if you want to consider it a wrap because how do you even respond to this, it's alllll good

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out