Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:12 pm
"One of the older Greenriders is dealing with some....serious Thread injury and needs help bathing their lady - I'd like you two to give them a hand," Danzik instructed simply. "Eosphoth tells me they've settled at the lake - you'll know them when you see them," which wasn't very helpful.

But at least the Lake was something to start with.

Samuel Carlin

Tsunake

Quote:
I've left who the rider in question is vague so you two can fill someone in for it. If you need someone specific, let me know. I have a greenrider who can always be volunteered to be pathetic. Otherwise, have at it, guys! biggrin

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:44 pm
Bukichi nodded at once, and with only the barest glance for his companion for the day, strode purposefully towards the lake. No sense in wasting any time.

J'hcre was seated nearby on the shore, shifting with a grimace even as he touched his bandaged side. Paciseth crooned anxiously, her hide a touch more grey than it usually was even as she watched her rider with yellow eyes. "Easy, darlin', easy. Just a twinge. Watch your leg there, baby girl, you can't get those bandages too wet..."

Paciseth gave a mental huff, but gingerly shifted her right hind leg once reminded of her own hurts. Oh, don't be silly! If they get wet, we can just change them again!

"The whole point is to try and keep 'em dry." He chuckled with amusement, then lifted his gaze at the sight of two boys walking on over. "Well, aren't you the lucky lady today? Not just one, but two!"

Paciseth twisted her head to see, and a bit of blue began to swirl through her eyes. Oh! How sweet of them. Hello, dears! Thank you for coming to help little old me.... She crooned, and J'hcre could only laugh. At least her spirit hadn't been too badly bruised!

Samuel Carlin

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:46 pm
Washing a drgon? Easy as pie! Zhaydegan skipped a step to catch up with Bukichi, then slid his hands into his pockets and simply fell in step. If the other boy wanted to be silent and surly, Zhaydegan could carry on for them both. "So this is good, right? Getting to help instead of stuffing more bags of stone or shoveling s**t. Practically a rest day."

He shared a smile with both J'hcre and Paciseth as they came into sight. "Hey there," he called, taking the lead on approaching. "I'm Zhaydegan. Bukichi," he said to introduce his companion. We are your scrubbing team."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:15 pm
"I'll take a dragon over s**t any day." Bukichi agreed, warming slightly to the other's easy humor. He let Zhaydegan introduce them, bowing his head ever so slightly.

"Pleasure!" J'hcre greeted both boys with a wave. "I'd get up, but I think the little lady here would protest. Name's J'hcre, and, more importantly, her name's Paciseth."

Paciseth's hide had already brightened, and the dragon demurely extended her neck to get a better look at both of her helpers. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to help me. She said earnestly, making sure to nudge each boy as gently as she could. It was flattering, really, to think that they'd take time out of their day to assist her!

Bukichi couldn't help but thaw even further at the dragon's delight, his eyes unconsciously wandering to the bandages carefully wrapped around her hind leg.

"Yeah, that's where she took the hit." J'hcre said lightly, noting his gaze. "Means bathing will be a little tricky, but just do the best you can. We're due to stop by the Healers' Station soon anyway." He nodded nearby, where there was an assortment of brushes and buckets. "Just get started and I can help you out along the way. Try to enjoy yourselves though, huh? It's work alright, but I find it t'be pretty pleasant."

I'll do everything I can to make it easier. Paciseth reassured them both, and Bukichi finally glanced to Zhaydegan with the first traces of a smile. "You ready? Figure we can start with her left side..." Then they could focus on the uninjured parts of her without worry.

Samuel Carlin

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:22 pm
Zhaydegan took a step sideways with the nudge, grinning, less because he'd been pushed that hard than to give her a chance to strain herself even less. "It's our pleasure." he told dragon and rider alike. "There are worse places we could be than by the lake today."

He looked at the dragon's bandaged leg as well. The explanation naturally drew his attention back to J'hcre and the stiff way he moved. Yes, help was definitely required with that sort of limited movement. Fair enough. He didn't interrupt, but instead went about getting ready to work, bending to roll the legs of his trousers up.

"Yep. Makes sense," he answered Bukichi, and stripped off his shirt as well. "She'll -- you'll," he amended, addressing Paciseth directly, since she'd spoken to them. "Tell us if we hurt you even a little, right?"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:55 pm
Of course. Paciseth reassured with a hum. My, such sweet manners! Manners were ever so important! Content that the two would figure it out, J'hcre settled back with a grunt.

Bukichi resisted the urge to grin a little, not wanting the green to think he was making fun. "Much worse places." The dragon carefully lowered herself down so it'd be easy to slosh water onto her back and wings, her injured thigh still out of the cool lake waters. Grabbing a bucket and a brush, Bukichi quickly got to work.

"You bathed a dragon before?" He grunted, lightening up enough to make idle conversation as he began to scrub at that green hide.

Samuel Carlin

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:44 am
Zhaydegan helped himself to a brush, nodding without pause. He started by her wing joint, so both of them weren't scrubbing in the same place. "Bathed, scratched, climbed on, sure. I mean, helped, at least," he amended. "A whole dragon is a lot, even for the pretty ones." Yep, that was pure flattery for the dragon's sake, and unapologetic at that.

"What about you? I mean, you know which end to scrub with," he joked. "Better than some I've seen."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:17 am
Oh, Zhaydegan would certainly get a hum for that. Such a dear!

"Little bit." He grunted. "Telling the back end of the dragon from the front still slips me up sometimes." That was a joke. It was more like now he was certain the front end with all the teeth wasn't going to eat him. "Friend Impressed from Killakeeth's clutch, so." Bukichi had gotten a lot more experience than some just by observing how Aryale had tended and cared for Yaguareth this past Turn.

Samuel Carlin

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:55 pm
"You're probably safer with the front end, sometimes,"Zhaydegan suggested. "They don't all know how strong their tails can be, I think. Even when they're just playing around." He'd been whapped a time or two in the middle of silliness. It definitely made a person snap to attention.

"Oh yeah? Congrats to them," he said. "I haven't spent much time around hatchlings. I guess you have a point. Best to be real sure you know the biting end from the other with them."

Tsunake

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff