Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Iron & Jewels (Rh’tyb, O’len, Alluith, Aleyath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:24 am
The snap of Between as they emerged from the void to the bright sounds of Western was one Rh’tyb never quite truly prepared himself for. Western Weyr was a whole different kettle when compared to High Reaches Weyr -- for one, how much warmer it was. His fingers are digging into his jacket to release the clasps as Alluith is circling closer to the ground. The sounds of the crash of ocean waves was always another, though that isn’t quite a bad thing. It’s even peaceful, even if he isn’t used to the sights or sounds (or taste. Salt on the air was definitely.. different. Not bad, though.)

’You’re being particularly negative for this being your idea.’ Alluith hums thoughtfully, taking wide turns as she eyes those dragons out and about on their business. One in particular she’s got her eyes on finding, even amongst all the color that Western held within. ’Western seems a far cry from Benden.’

Rh’tyb’s grumbling under his breath is lost to the wind rushing by, finally able to open his jacket to let the breeze help cool him down. It’s what he gets from going from the chill to the warmth. ’Flightlust is flightlust. What if he doesn’t want to see me? What if he’s got a mate? This isn’t my best idea.’

’Don’t be such a sourpuss and most people would at least be welcoming. Now, where is that handsome brown…’ Swooping down closer to the shoreline, Alluith sighed. ’And if we aren’t wanted? We leave. Nothing wrong with that, is there?’

’I.. suppose not.’ It made sense, though he can hear the slight tinge of disappointment at the possibility. Perhaps he hadn’t been the only one keen on visiting Western.

’There he is--! Aleyath~! The green absolutely beams, curling herself closer as she slowly lands, tucking her wings in as Rh’tyb sees about sliding down off her shoulder. ’I hope an impromptu visit isn’t too unwanted. We’ve been meaning to..’

Smerdle

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:32 pm
Aleyath lounged on an empty path halfway between the beach and the Bowl. He looked smug for reasons that only he knew, but when he heard his name, his features went slightly wild as he jerked to his feet and turned to the skies. The voice sounded familiar, but it was only when he saw the green approaching that he could truly place it.

Alluith, hey! Aleyath trotted closer to the other dragon, eyes swirling cobalt and aqua. He had never had any of those he had caught (or had been caught by) deliberately seek him out after the fact, and he was surprised to find himself feeling flattered. More flattered than when other dragons called him pretty, at least. He wasn't the least bit shiny really.

It's, like, really good to see you. Definitely not unwanted. Why would it be? He swore he could smell the freedom wafting off of her, and even though he was trying extra hard to keep his head down these days, he still couldn't help the sharp sting of curiosity and smaller jab of envy that spread through his chest at the thought. Aleyath glanced at Alluith's rider, cocking his head slightly, and when he spoke again, it was for the green's ears only. He might have been happy to see her, but he couldn't speak for His.

O'len's around here somewhere. He was just...

"Aleyath?"

The man sounded slightly out of breath as he rounded a large boulder and came into view, a colorful shell in one hand and a small blue flit perched on the opposite shoulder. As his eyes tracked from his dragon to Alluith to Rh'tyb he slowed, then stopped, his cheeks losing the half a shade of bronze they'd gained from the sun. He recovered quickly, his smile nervous but not forced.

"R...Rh'tyb! I was... Aleyath and I were looking for interesting shells and stones down by the water, when all of a sudden he lets out this horrible screech and shouts, and I quote, 'BIRDS GONNA GET ME' as he runs off."

I did not.

"So I ended up scrambling to get on my boots and catch up, and, well..." O'len swallowed, forcing himself to take a breath. "What brings you to Western?"

Prism Shine

Smerdle

Scamp

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 4:08 pm
Eyes swirling a blend of sweet grass green and deep water blue, Alluith takes in the sight of Aleyath. The brown was looking quite handsome in the spring sunshine. No doubt more relaxed than chasing after a maiden green. Perhaps time made the hearts grow fonder, perhaps it was the slow itch to become a proper Weyr dragon once more in the face of thread.

Things said or done in flightlust might be different with a clear head. It’s an airily enough statement, one that earned her a soft mental shove from her rider. If she glanced him over with a discerning eye to possibly scope out any injuries that may have occurred since last meeting, well. That was her own prerogative. So good to see you, Aleyath. Western sun looks good on you. Her tone is kind, for from where she’s standing--hot sand and pathway beneath his feet, framed with the weyrbowl behind him, hot sun beating from above--Aleyath looks fully of the thread-fighting warrior of Pern.

It absolutely didn’t burn something within her. An itch to prove. Sear, fight, win.
It’s with a heavy paw that those thoughts are smothered out. She’s here to visit, not wind herself up.

Alluith glances down at her rider at such private words, before back up again. It’s a small seed of doubt, but perhaps Rh’tyb had been onto something. Yet she can’t keep the tinge of worry from her voice as she reached back privately. If our presence isn’t wanted, we can--

“Hi there, O’len,” Straightening up some from where he’d been looking around the coastline, Rh’tyb does his best to straighten out his jacket. It feels a bit like someone initially took the wind from his sails, and it’s all he can do to draw himself up a bit taller, a bit broader, and a smile like he’s trying to throw off a game of dragon poker. But anything suave he can try to drum up to say is lost in the wake of the brownrider’s story. But the fake smile relaxes for one more genuine, the tension draining some. He couldn’t help it -- O’len is adorable. “Sounds like the fiercest bird to rattle this big guy, hm?”

Rubbing the back of his neck, Rh’tyb idly shrugged. “Oh, you know. We never get around too often to Western Weyr. Figured it was worth it and take in the sights.” What normally might have been a flirt just felt matter of fact. He hadn’t come to flirt, but. Well. What had he come for?
Instead he nods at the shell in O’len’s hand. He can see hints of color, but not much else. “Find something nice?”

Smerdle

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:31 pm
Hm. Though he was actively working on smoothing out his flight banter, Aleyath hadn't historically been a dragon who bothered with honeyed words. His intentions were clear, and forever wasn't one of them, at least not while he was in the air. That being said, his memories of past conquests were fond, and he hadn't met one yet who he would not want to see again. In his hearts, he believed his rider felt the same. But how to explain?

When I first started chasing, he'd always spend time with his hatchling's mother, but being away from home when we met Lajoth... my enthusiasm might have broadened his horizons. Broadened them right out of Maela's bed. The brown half-stifled a chuckle. Things would have gone back to normal after that, but O'len had confessed to their little romp instead and life had gotten messy for a while. Aleyath hadn't so much as looked at a rising dragon for months in support, not until Esurienth. The things he did for His.

You showed up at a good time. He still thinks about Rh'tyb. But he's confused. I wouldn't worry. No, Aleyath didn't worry about much. He sent O'len the smallest sliver of the playful certainty that had started all this and the man stood taller as well, exhaling a soft, inaudible sigh.

"Or no bird at all. He just likes to stir things up when they're calm, even if the ladle is made of stupid." O'len grinned, but it faltered almost immediately. The cruelest part of his brain told him that being too cheerful here was misleading, but the way his stomach had dipped when he'd first noticed the other man surely meant he was... he felt...

He didn't know what it meant.

O'len gently raised his arm in a single bounce and took a few steps closer as his flit winged away to land on Aleyath. He held out the shell for Rh'tyb to see. "I thought Lindir might like it. My son."

Prism Shine

Smerdle

Scamp

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas