Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] A Good Deed (Khamaith/Feleveth/Ezyzu/R'dan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:39 pm
Outside of official weyr business, R'dan didn't hang out with metallic riders all that often. There were a few bonded to bronze who were still up for a spontaneous punch or two, but most had too much self-made responsibility to be any fun. And goldriders... He was sure there were some who were scrappers at heart, but after nearly five years here, he remained wary of finding out.

You don't need any more bruises right now anyway.

Need and want are two different things. His lips curled faintly upward, pulling at the vast purplish blotch that surrounded his left eye.

What R'dan could do with a goldrider was return her misplaced heirlooms. Feleveth assured him that the weathered figurine he had found was Ezyzu's, and while he could have handed it off to someone else to return to her, he had nothing better to do this afternoon. He strode toward the beach with a focus that greatly overshadowed the importance of this task, his face settled into its usual expression of resting irritation following his brief smile. His beard was trimmed back to stubble, the slightly warmer weather that came with spring already more than he was comfortable with.

You're certain it's hers?

Yes, Feleveth lied. I'm sure she'll be happy to see it! The pale dragon hopped along beside her rider, looking ahead at the gold they approached with curious eyes.

R'dan paused a distance away, waiting until Ezyzu noticed him before he spoke. "Good afternoon. Sorry to bother you, but I wanted to return this." He held out what looked like a small dancing girl carved from dark wood.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 3:14 am
Ever thankful for the time off, Ezyzu sat delicately against her dragon’s forearm, back leaning against her broad chest. There was something to Khamaith’s pure delight with the ocean -- it certainly had quite the calming effect. Her hands idly rubbed down the scars lacing down her leg, taking some time to be out of her brace and let the healed scars breathe.

The tide was beginning to come in, lapping at the edge of Khamaith’s talons of her outstretched leg. She was sleepy, as she ever was, though the quiet had her simply… enjoying the sight in silence with her rider. Overhead, Ascella and Daystar had found other firelizards to play with, and the greens were having a time of it playing in the breeze coming in.

Yet it was Khamaith who first noticed they were not alone upon the beach. Her eyes bright with delight at visitors, she gave Ezyzu a soft mental nudge. My darling girl, we have company.

No one they close with, it seemed. Peering over Khamaith’s shoulder, and though it took her a moment, he definitely seemed familiar. Gently, she slid down her dragon’s forearm, bracing herself against Khamaith before trusting her leg. She strode slowly to meet the rider, smiling. “Not bothering at all, simply enjoying a free moment, that’s all.” Hm? Had something for her? “I appreciate it, I wonder if one of my girls spirited it off before I’d even… …”

She trails off, brows knitting as she eyes the little figure. It was very cute, no doubt. But… “I’m sorry, I don’t think that’s mine. It’s very cute, though.” Certainly whomever had lost it no doubt would be missing it.

Turning herself slightly, Khamaith first peered at the little figure out of curiosity, before crooning to the little white. Hello there. Gorgeous day today, isn’t it?

Smerdle

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:55 pm
R'dan inhaled slowly, as if he was on the verge of a deep, theatrical sigh, but he kept the breath contained at the last second. The one he wished to direct it toward was already in his head, and it was far easier to pour his embarrassment and aggravation directly into her. Their exchange took little more than a second, the only indication that it was happening at all a faint flare of the man's nostrils.

Fel...

Sorreeeee!

You... lied?

R'dan, I'm sorry! Really! I heard that Khamaith loves a White. Dragon. and I had to come see her up close! And, look! She's so pretty and kind and I believe that she really could love everyone in all of Pern! I want her to lead Western! Just kick the old Weyrwoman out and—

"I'm sorry," R'dan said with an incline of his head that resembled the start of a bow, "I must have gotten some bad information." He smiled a touch as he closed his hand, and even though he was still shooting blunted mental daggers at his dragon, the expression he directed at the goldrider was warm. He almost turned to go, but as the white took a step or two forward and sat primly in the sand, her dexterous tail slapped the space in front of her rider's feet with a dull thud.

Absolutely gorgeous! Feleveth replied. Do you come here a lot? R'dan doesn't like to swim, so we usually don't.

He looked up from where he had been staring at his dragon's tail for the last handful of heartbeats and smiled politely once more. "You must not get very many free moments. It's good to relax."

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 4:04 pm
With a gentle shake of her head, Ezyzu shrugged gently. "It's no problem at all. I'm sorry I can't help you find it's owner." It was pretty, and perhaps if she could find wherever it was made, she might get a little carving as well. Perhaps not a dancer, since her dancing days were mostly up anymore. Her gaze traveled up to Feleveth, and from a shorter distance, Ezyzu could see the delicate whirls and swirls that wound over her neck and shoulders, and disappeared from her view.

Khamaith perked up slightly, beaming. We do! Though we don't swim as much as we used to, not since last summer. I was shelled on the beach, and it's always made me feel... calm. She tosses her head back in a slow, smooth motion. We even got a hut down by the beach, as soon as we could.

Gently patting Khamaith's forearm, Ezyzu regarded the white rider with kind, but curious eyes. Something seemed a bit.. tight, in the other rider's motions. Yet she didn't know him well enough to see if something might have been the matter, or if that was simply how the man was. "I actually like to fill up my time. I spent too long on the ground, after, well. We had a bad fall." There's still a touch of embarrassment in her tone. It had been such a cascade of failure, after all; a queen failing to catch a flaming dragon, and then they had failed catching her... "So, I like to try things. We even give searching a try every now and then." She shrugged easily. "What do you do in your free time?"

Smerdle

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas