Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:17 pm
User Image

Frosted had done it, she had left the safety she felt of the snowy mountains and started to descend towards what she hoped was friendly territory. She had talked herself out of searching for her family for many, many moons and she was even unsure if they would recognize her or even accept her from running away from them all that time ago. With a heavy heart, she had already made it past the gully of the mountain where it intersected the flat grounds. Moving forward was her only option at the moment, and it was an option that she was going to take.

She hated leaving the cold peaks where her disastrous fur color was easily spotted in the greening shrubs that met her. She stuck out like a sore thumb and she hated every second of it.

She had heard of a rabbit that lived in the areas below the mountain that was known for the creation of vibrant colors that she saw on other wolves and was almost tempted to seek out this rabbit to added some brightness to her dull coat.

Rolling her eyes she started onwards, wondering what other wolves or creatures she would find along the way. Hopefully, they would be friendly.

208 word count

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:25 pm
chelseylee__z

User Image

Shining Opal rested after his latest failed hunt. He had laid down in the cool shade of a bush and panted. This was always harder than he'd expected. His ex-current prey would be long gone by now. The other wildlife was slowly settling down again after the commotion. Birds were starting to sing again. He'd rest here a long time before he moved again in the hopes that something more suitable for him came along.

It was hard without a pack. He often wondered at times like these why he didn't join up with one. The thought of his crystal caves always drew him back to them, and no smart pack would live in that area. That's why he was always alone. Having to go so far for food wasn't ideal. And what of his headaches? With no caves to soothe them, what would he do? His two different colored eyes watched the life around him as he pondered these questions.

{161}  

magnadearel

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:10 pm
          Stopping in her tracks, she noticed that the small wildlife was running around the area, all searching for new places to hide. It made her a little weary as she hunched down low to the ground. She had never been into a fight, nor been into an altercation, besides her pup brother, but that was many moons ago. Keeping low until she started to hear the birds singing high in the trees, she started to rise, looking around. The other wolf must have either left the area or retreated to a hiding area to ambush another prey.

She was concerned with the prey running, every wolf had to eat, speaking of which she was starting to get hungry herself. She was used to the pack bringing food back so she was not the best at hunting, but she was sure her instincts would hopefully help her out.

Walking out into the field, she here ears swiveled to the sound of a slow pant. Instead of laying low like early, she figured it was too late to hide and instead stood tall as her adopted mother had always shown towards others. With pink eyes scanning, she stopped as she laid her eyes on another wolf. She was unsure of what she was wanting to do, this would be the first wolf she would meet outside of the Court but she held her head eye and waited for his eyes to meet hers.

241 word count

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:49 pm
chelseylee__z

As he laid there, Shining Opal spotted another wolf walk out onto the field. He was surprised he hadn't noticed her in the area before, but he had been busy focusing on his hunt. The male hoped he hadn't ruined her hunting too. He gave his tail a wag to show he was friendly.

"Hello there." He watched the light colored female. With luck she'd be friendly and wouldn't mind him being here and hunting. Without luck she'd run him off. Shining Opal kind of wished he still wasn't out of breath. If he had to run, he couldn't run far before he'd need to rest again.

{107}  

magnadearel

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:08 am
          Seeing that the wolf was no threat and was very nice and inviting to her, she started to look him over as he called out to her. The first thing she noticed was his one purple eye. Seer-blooded. She knew a thing or two about seers and those that had the gene. Her dad was seer-blooded, her sister was a full-blown seer, and her adoptive mother in the court was also a full-blown seer. She knew the difficulties that they went through during life with his cursed gift. Her adoptive mom would sometimes be speaking to her, then just sort-of blank out in space before regaining her thoughts.

"Hi..."

She was a bit hesitant to talk since this was her first encounter with the wolf not belonging to the court. She knew making friends would be beneficial to her in the long-run, cause many knew the areas she did not.

Her pink eyes still scanning, she noticed his coat right off the bat with the bright white neck and a beautiful array of colors that scanned his backside and haunches. She was in awe but also frustrated peering at her fur., abruptly become self-conscious at the whole situation.

Looking back up, her gaze fell upon the wolf, "Sorry for disrupting you, don't know where I am at the moment." She knew she was at the base of the mountain but where exactly, she had no idea.

236 word count

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 4:26 pm
chelseylee__z

He relaxed his muscles when it became clear she wasn't going to run him off, or at least not yet. He'd have time to catch his breath hopefully first. Opal noticed she seemed kind of shy when she spoke. She was soft greys, one more green-tinted and the other more blue-tinted to his eyes. He did like her delicate stripes on her face and leg.

Opal wagged his tail. "Perhaps I could help you then. I'm sort of familiar with the area. I come here to hunt on occasion." He sat up and took a look around to orientate himself. The male pointed his nose towards a mountain range in the distance, "those are the Blue Mountains." He turned his nose to the other direction, "over there is the Redwoods and in between there and us is the Crystal Caves."

He fell silent for a moment then looked at her. "Was there any place you were looking for in particular?"

{160}  

magnadearel

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 5:08 pm
          She smiled as she looked towards the areas he had pointed out. Firstly, the Blue Mountains, that is where she had descended from. She had lived her whole life there, with her previous family and now, her adopted family. She looked back at the familiar capped mountain range and smiled. She wished to just run back up there to Sunny and tell her she did not want to find anything and that she had made a mistake leaving on her own.

She looked towards the Redwoods and got a feeling that she was not welcomed there but she knew she had to trek on, but the Crystal Caves. She had never heard of a place like that. It sounded weirdly wonderous, a place that maybe one day, she would like to venture. As her eyes scanned towards the directions he had pointed towards before ending back onto him, she tried to think of an answer to his question.

Any place in particular? She wished she knew exactly where her original family was. She wanted to know why they did not want her anymore, or why they thought her fur color was the 'disease' it was made out to be. She thought so too even though her adopted family did not think otherwise. She grew up trying to show she had no quarrels with her fur color, but on the inside, it ate her up inside.

"Unfortunately, I am searching for someone or someones. I have no idea where they are." Looking a bit discouraged, she added. "I am from the mountains, lived there my whole life. I feel safe up there."

Before she finished, she decided to ask. "You haven't seen any super dark gray-blue wolves, with possible brown splotches?" She didn't know if her brother had grown to a different color but that's what she remembered him as.

309 word count

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 6:01 pm
chelseylee__z

Shining Opal tilted his head, his curiosity peaked. She was looking for someone. "That will making them harder to find," he murmured softly. Ah so she was from that area which meant the wolf or wolves of her search probably weren't there. Living as he did among the Redwoods, Opal wasn't sure he'd be much help but he'd try.

The colorful male pondered carefully. Dark gray-blue. There had been the dark red female he'd see in the caves, then that group that had randomly gathered. But he didn't recall any being a gray-blue, though one of the wolves had been dark. "I'm sorry, but I don't think I have. Should I let them know you are looking for them if I do?"

It was highly unlikely he'd run into whoever it was she looked for, but there always was a small chance. "Do you have some names? I could always inquire with others. I live close to the crystal caves, you see. You should be able to find me and check in if it helped."

{175}  

magnadearel

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 6:36 pm
          "Oh, I know. This might be a lost cause, but I'm just hoping to find something, anything really." She knew this was going to be hard, Kells was a big place and she had heard nothing pertaining to her parents or her siblings. She did not know the names of her parents, just mom, and dad, but she knew sibling's name, she was just unsure if she should let that up. She did not know if she wanted them to know she was looking for them, on the account of that she was the one that ran away from them when she was younger.

But it wasn't totally my fault.

"No, I do not think so. They probably don't even remember me." That was a lie, but he had to think of something. Her ears did perk up about something else he had mentioned, the Crystal Caves.

"You live in the caves?" She took a few steps, quite like a giddy pup but remembered she did not know this wolf yet. She, again, had never heard of these caves, but the sound of them made her wonder what they were about. She had heard of different wonders that could help with her coat. First, it was the owl, but that did not work, and now, even though she did not know if these caves were magical, she may have the opportunity to try again.

"What are these Crystal caves like?"

240 word count

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:19 pm
chelseylee__z

He nodded. Sometimes finding answers wasn't easy. Shining Opal had done his share of searching for answers, but hadn't really reached one. Some were easier to come by than others. "I wish you the best luck. I'm sorry to hear that, it must be hard." It sounded like something she wanted to do on her own. He wouldn't press her further on the matter. He would still keep his eyes open just in case he saw something and she did return.

Opal gave a nod with a shrug. "I spend a large amount of my time there, so I feel as though I do." He got a faintly distance gaze as he took a deep breath. Even thinking of them filled him with calm. "Beautiful. Aw-inspiring. Like they belong somewhere else. Another time or place perhaps." He shook himself out of his revere. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wander on you."

{152}  

magnadearel

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 11:21 am
          Frosted Morning was quite lost in his story but in a good way. She was in awe listening to the way he spoke about these Crystal Caves and she yearned to be able to go there someday. She wished she could escape for the day and travel with this friendly stranger of a wolf to see the Caves but unfortunately, she had to get home to the Mountains. She promised Sunny that she was not stray too far and that she would try and return nightly to make a report back to her.

She knew this way would take longer, searching in opposite directions, but she was excited that she was allowed to start her search for her family.

"Oh, no! You are quite alright. I wish to one day be able to see these caves!" She yipped out in excitement. "Yet, I must be on my way, I have to search a bit more before heading to the top of the mountains."

She looked up toward the snowy peaks. "Maybe one day, I will venture down again and you could take me there?"

She was quite excited that this wolf had not said anything about her fur, even though his pelt was exquisite, and she quite enjoyed his company. Perhaps they could become friends.

"Well..." Just then, she realized she had never gotten this wolf's name. "I'm sorry I never got your name? I'm Frosted Morning." She nodded to him, she would at least get his name before she headed out.

252 word count

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:40 pm
chelseylee__z
Fin?

Shining Opal couldn’t help but smile at her obvious enthusiasm. “You’re welcome to stop by there any time you happen to be in the area again. I’m usually in the area if not actually in the caves themselves. I only venture out here to hunt.” He hoped she’d take the time to stop by sometime in the future. If only so he could show off the beauty of the caves.

“Good luck on your search. I hope you find everything you want to.” Opal blinked sheepishly as she introduced herself at the end. “Apologies Frosted Morning. That’s a lovely name. I’m Shining Opal.” The male sat up and gave her nod of farewell. His mind turning back to the task currently at paw. Should he continue to hunt here or move on?

{132}  

magnadearel

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:18 pm
          Frosted made a brief smile at Shining Opal, before turning her back and heading back up the mountain. She had yet to decide whether or not she was going to join the Court but all she knew was she loved back with Sunny and she would always call her adopted mother her home.

53 word count

Final Word count - 1539

magnadearel
Fin is good with me!

[Location] The Bluestone Mountains

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out