Imanu was at his den with the other 'pure bloods'. The rank had always upset him. When Ezrasia gave him the rank, he knew that it was meant as an insult and that if she had had her way he would have been made a slave for her to beat whenever she felt. But Serael would never allow that to happen.

He knew that soon Serael would come visit him once she got away from Ezrasia. Since Serael brought him to the pride, everything had changed. While they traveled, the two of them were close, closer than anyone else he had ever been with. Things changed though when they ran into Ezrasia. The purple lioness insisted that they come with her to the place that she would make home. He didn't think much about it until he noticed how possessive of Serael Ezrasia was. The day he showed affection for Serael was the day Ezrasia decided his fate.

“Are you there Imanu?” Serael's gentle voice called out. Imanu let out a sigh of relief. If Serael wasn't around, he wasn't sure how he would get through this. “Come with me so I can get a quick bite.”

Imanu got up from his spot and went to Serael. She looked tired, probably just got up, but she still looked beautiful.

“Do you have to. I am still bruised from last time.” He responded. There was a spot on his white fur on his neck that was pinkish. It was the last spot she had bit to get blood from him. He wished that his few encounters with her didn't result in him being in pain.

“Yes Imanu. As the Sovereign's consort I am expected to drink from pure bloods. If I just come here to chat with you, you know that she would get suspicious. She reminds me all the time about how you would make the perfect sacrifice when the times comes, but if I can keep using you and proving that you are useful you won't have to be killed.” Serael said. “Just come on, we can talk more when we are alone.”

Imanu let out a sigh of defeat. There were other prides out there, ones where they could be happy together, maybe even have a family. But they were stuck here where to get alone time together she had to drink his blood. It made him sick to his stomach. He followed her as she led him away from the den. The knights guarding the den nodded with approval as they passed.

They walked to the forest, away from where the pride members slept, to a stream that was barely visible because of the forest growth. Serael gave an apologetic look at Imanu.

“When I'm not around does Ezrasia visit you?” Serael asked.

“No.” Imanu answered. “If she sees how the pure blood are doing, she does everything she can to pretend that I don't exists. Some of the others pity me because of it, but I feel like it is a blessing.”

Serael nodded her head.

“Ya that is a good thing. I imagine that she isn't as gentle as she should be to some of the pure bloods. She does know that I go to you for blood, so maybe it is because of that.” Serael laid down. Imanu was quick to join her. Quiet moments with Serael was rare and he wanted to take advantage of them when he had the chance.

“I wanted to talk to you about a suggestion I am going to give Ezrasia. Before I do I wanted to talk to you first because it would effect you.” She gently put a paw on top of his and looked deep in his crystal blue eyes. Her voice was as soft as ever. Imanu could feel his heart beat quicken.

“With our numbers steadily growing, as consort I will be expected to have cubs for Ezrasia. When this happens I would like you to be the father of the cubs.” Serael explained. He stared back at her in confused. “I know it is a lot to ask of you, especially with how Ezrasia treats you, but there is no one else I would want to be with.”

Imanu frowned.

“She would never allow that. You know that. If she found out I got you pregnant she would find some reason to sacrifice me. Every since we got here, she keeps saying that a pure blood must be scarified to keep the spirits at bay. It's a lie she's said so she can kill me without anyone getting upset at her.” Imanu said.

“While I'm consort, she will listen to me. I will now let her kill you for any reason.” Serael put her head against his head. “This place seems scary right now, but trust me when I say it is the safest place for us. She might not seem like it, but Ezrasia is just not confident in herself. She sees you as a threat and that is why she doesn't like you. But in time she will get over it.”

He closed his eyes and thought about her request. The idea of being a father, raising cubs with Serael and being her mate made him feel warm inside. However that wasn't what this would end up being. Serael would raise the cubs with Ezrasia and there was no way to predict how she would react with cubs sired by him.

“For now will you let me think about it?” Imanu decided. “It is something too important to decide on a whim. Perhaps you should ask Ezrasia how she feels about it first. I won't be allowed to raise the cubs. She will though and I do not want her to hate the cubs just because I am their father.”

Serael nodded her head.

“You're right Imanu. Maybe I should have thought more on this before asking you about it. It's just been on my mind since we've had more join our pride.” Serael said. “I'll ask Ezrasia about her opinions on the matter. The worse case scenario I can see is that she will want a different lion to be the father. But I won't let that happen. Trust me.”

Imanu didn't even want to think of Serael with another lion. It was hard enough seeing her with Ezrasia all the time. With their positions in the pride, it made it difficult for them to be together, even for sort moments like now.

“Let me drink some blood from you and then we can head back. I don't want to make Ezrasia worry about us.” Serael said.

Imanu closed his eyes was he prepared himself for Serael's teeth. She was always gentle, but it was something he wasn't used to. He held still as she drink his blood. Once she was done, she gave him a quick beck on the cheek.

“It won't always be like this Imanu, I promise.” She said.

Then the two of them headed back to his den. He watched her, wishing that they could spend more time together then they did. She left him though to return to her duties, leaving him with the other pure bloods.

WC: 1,217