Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:27 pm
When Stag Jump had reached the top of the peak, he marveled at what he saw. A large bird, who eyes burned through him as he watched it. Her, he realized when she spoke to him. He stared at the eggs under her wings and the single egg that had been indicated towards his direction. He moved towards it, awestruck by the intricate markings on it. It was warm and Stag Jump knew why. Babies needed to be kept warm. That's why pups were always at their mothers sides, after all. Maybe wolves and Phoenixes weren't that different, when it came down to it.

He didn't know much of the outer world, he only kept to the Bluestone Mountains, but had never explored much around it. The Elders would surely know, wouldn't they? Unclasping the cloak around his shoulders, he bundled the egg into it and took careful hold of the egg, he started to turn, only to stop as the bird spoke again. She spoke of the desert to the south, of the mountain with a fiery soul, in which the egg must be cast at the perfect moment. He shuddered, but nodded. He'd gotten this far. He wouldn't let his pack down... His pack! He would be able to pass through their lands on his way to the volcano, as the fire mountain had been called. Perhaps the Elders would be able to help him on his journey. With a nod to the great bird, he gently picked up the cloth-swathed bundle and began to make his way down the mountain again. With the unusual weather and falling rocks that had shook him going up, he took special care on where he put his paws on the way down and back into his pack lands.

The egg remained warm as it could be on his journey, but even when he crossed back into his territory and through the flowers, he felt ill at ease. He spoke briefly to the Elders about what he'd found, visited the injured Sunopal, but immediately after he'd left the injured wolf, he remembered the whole reason he'd made the trek to begin with. He wanted to bring good fortune to the pack and time was surely running out. With a sudden sense of urgency, though he had not even stayed within his territory with the egg for more than an afternoon, he left it again. He'd eaten while the Elders looked at the egg and bustled off without accepting any more aid. This was his journey to take. The egg had been entrusted to him and he would take care of it.

Hold on, little one. I'll see that you hatch into a beckon of hope for us all. He thought as he carried the egg bundle out of his territory and through the mountains.

~~

The trek through the mountains was easy enough. Easier than climbing the tallest peak where he retrieved the egg, at the very least. He avoided strangers, though he was certain that some wildlife by way of crows nesting above gave him some unusual looks. He didn't hear any passing comments, if there had been any. Stag Jump was too busy making sure the egg didn't touch the ground, or roll out of the bundle he carried it in, or get too cold. He traveled mostly at night, so that when the sun was up, he could sleep in the sun, curled around the egg.
Let this be enough to keep you warm on our journey, little one. He always thought to it before he slept.

When he got to the river, he waded through the water at first, before it got deeper. Then he swam through awkwardly and nearly got carried downriver as his untrained paws tried to churn through the water. He craned his head back to ensure that the egg wouldn't get wet and fought to get to the other side of the river, relief surging through him when his paws found the other shore and he dragged his wet pelt out. He placed the egg on a sunny patch of grass and then walked a short distance away to shake off the droplets, so that he wouldn't drench the egg on land, either. Returning to it, he re-bundled it and continued down south.

Just a while longer, little one. Hold on a little bit more. We'll get there together. He thought and pressed forward. Hunting was a tricky business. He never wanted to leave the egg in any one spot for too long, lest it cool down too much or be stolen away from him by another. His diet primarily became one of vegetation and it showed in his weariness as he traveled, starting to thin and wear down the traveling wolf as he continued ever on.

~~

There was no vegetation in the desert. There was no water in the desert, either. Not much that he could find anyway, though when he did he drank heartily. Stag Jump didn't know anything about surviving the heat. He had half a mind to just lay down in the sand, curled around the egg in the hot sun and maybe that would be enough to hatch it. But something in him knew that wouldn't do the trick, tempting as it would be to just lay down and rest, just for a moment. He had gone through so much to ensure this precious life could come through and hatch. So, Stag Jump pushed forward, his paws blistering from the blazing sand. He pushed through the cold nights too, warmed by the egg in his cloak. He pushed through, thinking of what a Phoenix would mean for the Court. Would it grant them protection? Fertility in all their future litters? Would it stay for generations to be the guardian of the pack and keep the Trolls at bay?

But... it will have a mind of its own, like it's mother, I suspect. Maybe it will not choose to come back with me at all. He thought. After all that this egg and I have been through... I just want it to hatch and to be happy. If I had left it with its mother, it would've surely hatched on its own, but I was tasked with seeing this through myself. I owe it now, to see it hatched properly. But how much longer could he go on in this heat?

Stag Jump was so hot... and the mountain with the fire soul was no where to be seen. He had been searching the horizon, his paws burning. Sand was absolutely everywhere in his pelt... and his ears... around his eyes and nose... he had to put the egg down to sneeze, his eyes feeling scratchy as he looked up and looked around him, squinting.

There it was! Well, there was a mountain anyway, this supposed volcano. It had to be, because it was the only mountain of any kind along the horizon. With hope surging in him, fueling his paws, he took a few steps forward, only to recall setting the egg down and quickly retrieved it. Hoisting his head up and ensuring the egg was secure, he headed towards the direction of the volcano.

We're almost there!

~~

And then they were there. In comparison to the hot desert sands with their gritty texture, the sharpness of the volcanic terrain was a surprise to Stag Jump. Some of the stone he walked up was dark, some was shiny and reflective, like black water. He walked past it all. The Phoenix had told him to drop the egg in at the perfect time and Stag Jump had a renewed sense of urgency in seeing the volcano. Certain the perfect time was fast approaching, he hurried to the peak of the volcano and nearly dropped his bundle immediately when he peered over the side. This mountain truly did have a fire soul! Its entire center was full of bubbling fire and Stag Jump slowly eased the egg down and out of his cloak, securing it between shaking paws.

"Now that I'm not carrying you, I can speak to you at last." He said in a hoarse voice. Goodness, had the sand gotten into his throat too? It certainly tasted like it, blegh. He coughed to try to clear his throat, with little effect. "It's time for us to part ways, for a moment or two. I certainly enjoyed your company, little one, for you have ignited a flame within me, too. Goodness, I sound like one of the Terran, all this poetic stuff, but... you've earned it." Stag Jump smiled down at the dark, glistening egg, a smile on his maw. "I know you can hatch. I don't just wish or hope for it, I know you can. Because you've got the hope of an entire pack, the good wishes of so many wolves and so many wolves ready to meet you when you do. And I know I'm not a soldier, but... I'll see that you're protected too. I'm always gonna be there for you, little one, so... you go on and do what you think is right and I'll be right here to see your decision." He told the egg with a goofy grin, before he ducked his head and pressed his nose against the warm egg. "I believe in you."

And then with a gentle nudge of is nose, he watched the egg fall into the fire below with damp eyes.

WC: 1, 582

Pandorus Sphinx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:14 am
belloblossom

User Image

A deep humming can be heard as the egg plummets into the hot lava. A flash of pure light blinds you for a moment as unbearable heat beats against your face. For a long moment silence rings in your ears, deafening all your senses.

For a moment fear grips you.

Then suddenly, as quickly as the egg disappeared, a screech can be heard from deep within the volcano. The Earth beneath you begins to shake uncontrollably as you struggle to find your balance, holding on the ground below with unsheathed claws. The heat rises before smoke consumes you, blinding you completely.

Another loud sound startles you as the flapping of large wings clears your vision. A newly hatched Phoenix lands in front of you, lowering it's gaze to meet your own. You are it's keeper, it's protector, and parent. The bird recognizes this and nudges you with its beak, chirping warmly.

exclaim OOC: Congratulations, you've hatched your Phoenix! The gender of your bird is completely up you. Your bird will not reach full maturity for 4 weeks more weeks, so please RP accordingly. During this time your bird can not breed or manifest powers.

Pandorus Sphinx
Vice Captain

Hunter

[Location] The River Run

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas