Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[PRP] Preparing for the Solstice (Itiri x Zuru x Dia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:26 am
It was approaching that time of year again, the moment in which the gates of the N'ezi-Ozu lands swung open and those who heard the call of Death himself found solace in their home. Given the success of the other small number of these festivities, Itiri had come to enjoy them. More importantly it seemed that all those who had joined were contributing to society and they hadn't brought disease in (a major concern for the traditional members).

He wasn't sure if the pride were beginning to relax though, he hadn't had time to query them on this as much as he would have liked, but given there didn't seem to be any particular animosity he suspected that perhaps things were all right. Those who still weren't happy were likely to simply tolerate the presence of the new, however those who were now comfortable with the process might simply have come to enjoy it like he did.

Itiri was a social creature.

...Itiri very much liked to meet new creatures.

Consequently his spirits were high as he strode towards the centre of the pride to find willing participants. Whether the festivities were going to be big or small remained to be seen but the fact still remained that they needed to be ready to welcome them. He wasn't aiming to seek a huge number of volunteers of course, just a few for the time being to help with the bulk of the immediate preparations. If he needed more though then he wouldn't hesitate to waggle his eyebrows and offer a winning smile to anyone who might humour him!

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:11 am
Epine de Rose

Zuru was always ready to help and the idea of helping with a festival would be something he would jump at easily. He has yet to find a mate just yet, but he was working his way to feeling like a true part of the pride. Having purple toes had been a struggle but he had chosen this path and he had told some of his stories to the cubs, telling them of life beyond the walls of the pride. He thought it important for the pride, honoring death and experiencing life were part and part something that had to be lived in balance.

Dia had already spoken to the pride leader about the idea of a new kind of festival one with bright colors, flowers and happiness to celebrate the dead. It was nice to get a chance to bring a part of her culture that she had left behind in her dying pride to the pride that was quickly becoming her home. She had met a wonderful male that she considered a dear friend perhaps something more and she was starting to really build a life for herself. She hoped she would be bringing joy to the pride sometime soon.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:00 am
They might as well have been his go-to lions at this point in his career as the pride leader. Every time he needed a helping paw he generally seemed to run into two specific individuals; one was Zuru (a story teller by trade) and the other was Dia, a lioness who had come from a tribe similar to the N'ezi, yet slightly different. If he was ever to need an example of what he wanted from the pride it was probably these two, they'd positively thrown themselves into being a part of the N'ezi and it was starting to pay off.

"Ah ha ha, just the folks I was looking for!" he wasn't exactly subtle as he pranced towards both lions, a broad smile on his lips. He wasn't shy when it came to them, if anything he would have considered them friends if he'd been brave enough to ask. Truthfully, he never quite knew how anyone saw him and whether there were those who could see beyond titles to appreciate he had a bit more going for him.

"I have the opportunity of a lifetime for you both," he cleared his throat. "Well, maybe not a life time but certainly for the season," he added, acknowledging that on occasions there were those who did enjoy teasing and pointing out a lifetime could be quite long and it would have to be a truly momentous occasion.

"If you aren't busy of course."

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:35 am
Epine de Rose

Zuru smiled he would never toss aside an invitation like this he grinned and then said "Of course whatever it is you know I am willing to help." He said in a cheerful tone. He was always ready to lend a paw to a situation and it was nice to hear Itiri in a jovial mood was nice for a change. Sometimes they had talked and Itiri sounded a little lost and unsure where to go next. Zuru understood that perhaps more than most, since he loved to live his life in happiness and had been in a position where he felt lost and out of place and Itiri had helped him see his way forward.

Dia looked to the lion with the purple toes and she smiled and then she turned to Itiri she wondered if he was talking about a festival to honor the dead. She smiled and then said "I am not busy, I am not a very good hunter I am afraid so if I can help in other places that would be a great thing." She said in a warm tone. She said attempted hunting with a sweet male lion but neither of them turned out very skilled. "Come now tell us more."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:55 am
Itiri grinned, if there were ever two willing participants he could rely on this pair. If anything, he might have been leaning on them a bit too much, but when the opportunity presented itself Itiri wasn't really one to miss it. They were his friends whether they liked it or not and that may or may not involve him bursting into their day in a flurry with his paws flailing in a panic.

...Fortunately he wasn't panicking today.

"Excellent!" He clapped his paws together, a poof of dust rising into the air. "So we are once again at that point in the year where we invite new blood to join us. Obviously the numbers can vary and the feasts are already taken care of but after a few of these festivals I'm beginning to suspect we are missing something." He paused briefly and motioned to both.

"When you came here you both had one of those moments where things didn't quite fit, right?" he cleared his throat. "So outside of giving new blood a history lesson which, while useful, doesn't address more emotional issues. I thought perhaps you could assist me in coming up with things you feel you would have benefited from when you came here."

He didn't want to lose the N'ezi, they would always have a very unique culture, but to anyone knew it was easy to feel lost and alone. While Itiri could try to make them feel welcome, perhaps there was something that the N'ezi could do immediately that would help. An outside point of view was helpful in that, even if it was as simple as more social gatherings or something more complicated such as an in depth explanation of the politics of the pride. Granted, he would prefer not to bore someone's ear off with the latter, but opportunities to help new blood settle would in turn benefit old blood in growing to trust them and bring them into the fold more quickly.

Another pause.

"Ah, that and uh...It would be quite nice to have a few additional faces to act as host," he admitted sheepishly. Throughout the introduction of new pride members both he and Nche had worked tirelessly, but ultimately they'd be stretched so thin that a personal touch had been missing. Proper friendly faces willing to step forward and talk to anyone was something he dearly needed help with. After all, even he knew that a conversation for two minutes and then a dismissal for the next individual was hardly a fulfilling experience!

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:53 am
Epine de Rose

Zuru listened and he remembered when he joined when the barrier fell they had not been giving out bones for the new members he felt that little addition in the later ceremony helped a lot to welcome new members. Overcoming the color taboo was something that would just take time. He did not blame those who were afraid, it was not like the death that fell on them was their imagination after all. Zuru smiled "As I told you before the bone gift addition to the ceremony was wonderful, story and fun would also lighten the mood perhaps." He said in a cheerful tone.

Dia smiled "I do not mind not fitting in perfectly as I am more than happy to help to make this entrance ceremony something brighter and more colorful a true festival to honor the dead." She had left a dying pride behind to seek life and this life was a little sleepy at times but it didn't have to stay that way forever. Dia smiled brightly "I would gladly help host if you like." She bowed her head respectfully.

Zuru grinned "As time goes on more and more colorful lions join and fear will be left behind I will help host as well."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:49 am
"Then it's settled!" Itiri, quite frankly, was far more excited and enthusiastic than he really should have been...but the relief he felt that there would be others around who would happily greet new blood really did mean a lot to him. Those who had come to seek solace needed a friendly face and he needed to find ways to show this.

Zuru was right, in time the suspicion over different coloured lions would disappear but that still didn't mean that Itiri wasn't determined to help it a little to speed things up. With both Dia and Zuru there to greet them as hosts, he'd only need one or two others of the old blood to do the same and that should give those who were new a chance to talk to both sides of the community.

Step by step they'd find themselves more welcoming, though he was still mindful that the sanctity of their culture should be preserved. There would be a joy in life while they guarded the sacred halls, while the Amoosu continued to lead them towards the next stage. A careful balance needed to be struck and with this weight off his shoulders he would eventually be able to move on to the next piece of the puzzle.

"You will help me welcome our new blood, we'll get them settled in and then," he smiled. "Perhaps with more friendly faces the proceedings will just feel warmer. It's all very official and ah...bland... at the moment," he conceded. Not that following the correct process was wrong, he just wanted to throw a bit more compassion into the mix. After all, they weren't dead yet, that part of the journey would come much later!

"Given we only have a few days before we do open the 'gates', is there anything you'll need to help you with this though, or are you happy to just bring yourselves?" he asked.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:24 pm
Epine de Rose

Zuru smiled he was always happy to just bring himself and his stories, an understanding of the lands outside the Nezi territory, he had visited many different prides and experienced so much in his life, he still needed to mark off a mate and cubs from that list but he would get there. "I am happy to just be myself and tell new members stories or listen to their new stories." He said with a grin "I'm also willing to help with anything Dia needs." He said in a warm tone.

Dia smiled "I think I want to gather some flowers, vines, shells, make sure there are bones for the new members make it traditional as well as a beautiful ceremony of welcome." She said in a cheerful tone. She loved the joy of life and honored death it made a lot of sense to her. Which made the Nezi pride the perfect home for her now. They shared many of the ideals that Dia's pride had. "Thank you Zuru help would be wonderful. Is there anything you had in mind Itiri??" Dia asked looking at their leader. Three heads were better than one, after all, together they would be able to make this the best welcoming ever.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:40 pm
"Just something nice, welcoming and simple for now," Itiri replied with a determined nod.

It was better for them to stay simple and safe to avoid controversy for the time being. After the new blood had settled in for a few months then Itiri could toy with the idea of exposing his family to some new ideas. He was, in particular, intrigued by how Dia's former pride's celebrations would be received. He'd have to be sure that the Amusu were consulted to ensure that things remained tasteful but when it came to the overall celebration... well, he was hoping for the best.

"We'll overwhelm them later once they think it's safe," he said with a small chuckle.

He did pause momentarily though and eyed both thoughtfully.

"And I might have something else as well... Maybe," he shook his head. "Not entirely fleshed out as an idea yet so I'll get back to you on that one. For now, it's probably best we see to final preparations, hm?"

The hunters would be hard at work already and some of the necessary items would already have been gathered for the immediate introductions, but there was still much to decoration and tidy up... even Itiri was going to have to get his paws dusty for that.

As it stood though, it seemed that both Dia and Zuru were free to go and prepare in whatever way they saw fit. Personally he would have been focusing on drinking something soothing, if only to protect his throat from the amount of small talk he'd have to undertake!

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:21 pm
Epine de Rose

Dia laughed and smiled, she was very excited to bring her ideas to the Nezi pride but Itiri was right it was likely best not to frighten the newcomers away at least at first and try not to frighten the old members just yet. "You are right I am sure, I am just so excited." She said with a grin.

Zuru nodded "I'm sure this gathering will be great and very welcoming to the new comers."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:37 pm
"Then it's settled!" He clapped his paws together merrily.

"We'll get this show on the road and then afterwards, cook up something extra special to remind everyone that it's good be alive," he announced enthusiastically. While death would always be their ultimate destination, while they would always rejoin the divine in time, it did him a disservice to bring nothing in those moments. Life was about experiences and growth, all things that would bring value in the next life.

...Oooh if he wasn't excited then he didn't know what he was!

"This will be wonderful," He gave a firm nod as he bustled passed the two. "We can really start turning this into something special, turn all these living moments into something invaluable in the next life," he grinned. He was like a kid in a candy store, but Dia and Zuru would be left to their own devices as strode off to find his next unfortunate target.

...he did need some old blood after all, he just needed to find it.

By the time the joinings began he'd be ready, they all would, but for now the pair would be free to do as they pleased.

MiddyGlow
/fin!

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces