Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:51 am
User Image

It was a glorious day, the sunshine warming the ground and the waters around Western Weyr. Even in the colder months there were days when it felt like the middle of the long warm season and Vith always took advantage of that. He and K’mar had kept their adventures to the warmer climes of Pern and the brown was quite fond of warm sand against his hide. Even the slightest chill was a mood killer for him, so he was going to take full advantage of the weather.

K’mar seemed to be sleeping in, so Vith decided it would be a solo adventure to the sea today. Their living quarters were on the sands of the beach but the water wasn’t terribly close. Vith didn’t mind, though, and took the long way to the water by walking. He said good morning to their neighbors if they were up, pausing to get a few head rubs from some of the children old enough to leave the Creche but still too young to be Candidates. He was glad he and K’mar had returned to be a part of the Weyr again, the call to protect Perm echoing in his hearts even still. This was what he’d been born for after all.

Finally he reached the edge of the sea. Vith paused to take in a deep breath of the salty air before wading into the warm water, the waves breaking against his legs in a soothing way. Once he reached chest depth he tucked his wings against his back and dove under, breaking the surface once he swam out a ways. He paddled around happily, blowing the water out of his nose like the dolphins he’d met in his travels.

He gave a quick mental check-in with K’mar but the man was still sound asleep. Good. Vith could take his time.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:34 am
User Image

It was morning and a rest day for the weyrlings. Though it was a day for them to sleep in, relax, and practice flying about the Weyr, Orioth knew what would soon come. Liat was busy preparing the schedule for the next sevenday, and he knew what next the weyrlings would tackle.

Between.

They had been working on visualizations and memorizations for the past month, but now they would put such things to practice. Soon, very soon, they would be tackling some of the most challenging lessons, and the blue knew very well that sometimes the results were fatal. One mistake, one hastily visualized coordinate could send a pair to their doom. But Orioth had faith in each and every one of them. They were a good, intelligent, and hardy group. Death was something every weyrling would have to face, and was all-but guaranteed now that Thread fell. Their futures were not guaranteed, but they were here today, and he would do his best to ensure each and every one survived. So it wasn't with a heavy heart, but one of pride, paternal joy, and hope that he blue dragon made his way down to ocean water.

Eyes whirling a soft blue-green, the blue dragon made his way out to the shore. Though it was early, he found he wasn't the only one up and ready for a swim. A dark brown dragon--Yith, if he remembered correctly--was paddling about, and he gave a bugle of greeting. I see I'm not the only one drawn to the water this morning. Do you mind a bit of company or shall I leave this bit of beach to you and you alone? It was early enough that there was ample room to share, and Orioth knew that some dragons simply preferred being alone.

SilverLutz

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:07 pm
After splashing about on the surface for a bit, Vith dove down under the water, his wings pressed against his back to make himself more streamline. He reached out his talons as he approached the bottom and dug them into the silt below, enjoying the squishy, grainy texture of the sand. A few fish darted away, startled by the relative behemoth that was suddenly in their home. Vith blew a bit of air out his nostrils to greet them with bubbles but they weren't terribly impressed.

Pushing off from the ground, Vith broke through the surface of the water a few moments later and shook his head free of water, wings unfurling a bit to dry out of habit. A bugle caught his attention and he turned towards the shore where a blue was standing. His markings were hard to miss - Orioth's always cut a rather impressive figure, Vith had thought. It suited him that he was helping handle the Candidates with his incredibly kind personality. They could use a reassuring, warm thought and presence at their sides at times like this.

Join me, there's enough water for two, he called back with a trumpet of his own, splashing a bit of water in the direction of the shore with his tail. Vith had always been a social dragon, even when off with K'mar on adventures. He paddled a little further in to meet Orioth partway, glad for the company.

Taking a break and getting some you time in before the Candidates run their Between trials, eh?

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:24 pm
The blue dragon's eyes whirled a brighter shade of green as Vith extended the invitation. While Orioth was a sociable sort of blue, he spent so much of his time around hatchlings and weyrlings that he almost forgot what it was like to hang out with fully adult dragons. Old habits were hard to break though, and even as the blue strode into the water, he couldn't help but take note of all the potential risks surrounding them -- where the water would become far too deep, where the sandy beach became more of a hazard, and whether or not there were any littles floundering among the waves.

But it was just the two of them. They were safe. The weyrlings would be safe.

Liat sent him a surge of love and assurance, reminding him to enjoy himself. What would it hurt to enjoy a morning in the water?

Well, Orioth would do his best. Thank you, Vith! And yes! A bit of much needed downtime. Not, of course, that I'm complaining--but I'll admit I don't relish these next few sevendays. They've all come so far, I would so despair if-- He stopped, submerging himself in the water for a moment, not wanting to put a damper on the morning's joy. Instead, he blew a few bubbles, and let himself pop back up on the water, paddling closer so he might bridge the distance between the brown and himself. Well, let's just say I came to clear my thoughts. It won't be long before we'll have new, full-fledged riders in our midst. But enough about them--how are you this fine morning?

He could talk about things outside of his position as weyringmaster. Honest he could.

SilverLutz

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:41 pm
While Vith was glad to be back in the Weyr where he and K'mar belonged, he was also glad that they hadn't been asked to step up into any sort of leadership role now that they'd been here and proven their loyalty once more. Vith was quite comfortable doing his duty and then having a break. K'mar, on the other had, would probably relish the extra duties involved in being a Wingsecond or something even higher up in the ranks. Vith doubted he would ever be a candidate for that, though, not with his rather brash way of doing things. He didn't envy Orioth's position and even felt a bit sorry for the blue as he dove underwater to stop his train of thought. Overseeing all those Weyrlings must be like having a clutch of his own in a way. Seeing some not making it through training would surely weigh heavier on his hearts than the average dragon.

As you should, Vith replied once Orioth surfaced again, paddling closer to the smaller male. He offered Orioth a mental shoulder to lean on, not at all minding if he wanted to let off some of his worries. Sometimes it just took a willing ear to help ease anxiety.

Oh, I've been well. Glad it's warm enough to swim without freezing my wings off. The things you take for granted when the temperature drops. He gave a little chuff of amusement before ducking his head under the water again, letting the water run down his neck as he lifted it once more.

It must be nice to know that after this they'll be as prepared as you could make them. I'm sure they'll all do fine. Yes, Orioth had dismissed the topic, but Vith didn't want him to go without a bit of comfort. Some reassurance could go a long way.

Uta

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff