Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kells Wolves

Back to Guilds

Tags: wolf, wolves, kells, breedables, Roleplay 

Reply [Pack] The Crows (Redwoods)
[PRP] The Ropes (Black Comet x Snake Bite)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaeddaMorningstar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:27 am
User Image

Black Comet was nervous. She had arrived at the meeting spot early, but she could not help the feeling of being late. This is where the boss had sent her for the "training" of her cover story: a small clearing not to far from one of the watch points.

She was to meet another scout, and though the job seemed easy, she was asked to go through a training session to learn the boundaries of the pack and where to go to recruit. She was thrilled to still have some reason to roam from home sometimes. She loves her home and pack, but the urge to roam is there still: something left from her puppy days with her mother shes sure.

Comet traces patterns in the frozen earth beneath her paws, channeling the anxiety from her to the shallow marks she makes. The marks aren't her circles, the situation being not so dire that she needs the anxiety contained, but they hold a similar purpose: to help with her emotions more than to help avoid the thought of death. When she hears the steps of someone moving closer to her, she swipes them away not wanting her evidence to be known. She turns so she can meet the wolf approaching head on.

Judging by the sun, hes on time, and the tense way she was holding herself falls with this knowledge. When he comes into view she dips her head in his direction in greeting. Her voice is soft and controlled, almost monotone, when she speaks, "Hello, are you Snake Bite? I am Black Comet, and I've been told you will be showing me how to scout?"

The hope that this meeting will go as well as her last fills her with excitement. The task assigned to her to help Calico, the cook, was quite successful: the day ending with good company and a delicious treat. She will try her best to remain in good spirits while on this task too, excited for the job ahead of her.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:03 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

To say that Snake Bite was excited was an understatement. Inside, he felt a small mix of emotions — he wasn't the biggest fan of training others on scouting, particularly considering that the only part of scouting he liked was exiting the pack lands, but the mentee he'd been assigned was one of Black Bone's children. Well, she wasn't a child — a very important distinction considering the way he looked at her when she padded around the Redwood. She seemed oblivious to his piqued interest in her, but really he had interest in... well, anything that moved. But my gods, this female was something special.

As he stalked toward their meeting spot he spotted Black Comet, with her head down and paws moving in odd patterns, seemingly scraping her nails into the hard ground. Quickly, however, she spotted him, and straightened up, dipping her head in a respectful greeting. Snake Bite smiled as she introduced herself, coming to a halt in front of her, dipping his head low in return. It was cute, in a way, that she thought she had to introduce herself. As a gossip, it was his job to know what was going on in the pack. As a (straight) male, it was his compulsion to know who she was. Before responding, he took a moment to rake his eyes over her brilliant coat, still in awe of how strikingly beautiful she was. He didn't know her mother — some rogue passerby — but it was clear that she got her father's good looks. He barely registered the rather flat tone in her voice, too busy taking in the sight of her.

Finally responding, he nodded his head once, still smiling. "Black Comet, lovely to meet you. Indeed — I'll be showing you around the edge of our territory, and the best places to go with recruiters to bring more blood into the pack. Follow me," he finished. With a jerk of his head he started walking away. "You've seen the river, so I'll be showing you to the three watch points that the guards are stationed at — they're a great marker for the territory."

Because he wasn't terribly interested in this whole scouting business (it wasn't the worst job, but having to masquerade around while simultaneously practicing his true role was truly exhausting sometimes), he decided this would be a great opportunity to get to know this pretty new wolf. "So, what made you decide to be a scout, anyway? Didn't want to follow in your father's pawsteps?" Black Bone was an excellent healer, and personally Snake Bite thought scouting to be mildly boring. He just hoped Black Comet was more interesting than the job she decided to take on.

CaeddaMorningstar

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

CaeddaMorningstar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:07 am
She kept her voice even and respectful as she spoke to him though her ear twitched back when she noticed his roaming eyes, she remembers this feeling of being looked at while among the heart of the pack. The weird prickle of knowing that eyes were on her, but never quite being able to place where they were coming from. It made her hesitant to explore her true job in a place that eavesdropping should have been so easy.

To think she had looked over this male while looking for the one who gazed. When she thinks about it she can recall seeing him around when she felt the sensation, however, she's not particularly mad about it. She has always known she was gifted in looks, her pride was just something she kept hidden. Snake Bite looking was not that big of a deal, as he is not the only one who has, but his eyes are more attentive than she cared for. She couldn't place it other than he was looking forwards to learning about her paying attention to her movements and words, looking deep into what she shows him.

Two can play that game.

She stretched while he asked his question, and she took the moment to think of her reply. She spoke her half truth as she stood properly: "I chose the pack, and I love living here, but sometimes the urge to roam is overwhelming. The freedom provided to me as a puppy while too young to separate from my mother is something I miss on occasion. I thought, perhaps as a scout, I could satisfy the need."

She studied his movements, wondering if he would give anything of his intentions away. She had a feeling he was just as guarded as he was curious and if she wanted to get anywhere she would have to wear him down slowly. Some how convince him to relax and defend the wall he had put up less.

She walked a few steps ahead of him, throwing her head over her shoulder and narrowing her eyes slightly at him, "If we are asking questions, I have one of my own."

She flicks her tail at his nose, knowing full well it could be considered teasing and wishes it to be taken as such. It was a movement to help the words she was about to say seem less serious, "I like to roam place to place on occasion, but do not think I am so naive to not notice you roaming with your eyes. My question is this: Do you like your eyes? Keep them to yourself or you may no longer have them."

She gives him a sly smile, hoping it allows him to come to a conclusion of the question as a joke in it's nature. It was a joke, honestly. Well mostly.

Her voice becomes light, continuing with the joking atmosphere she hopes to have crafted, "The plan sounds good, by the way: I haven't seen all the watch points yet. Lead the way, my guide."

Ruler of Everything

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:15 am
Ah, that made sense — that was one of the great things about being a scout or a recruiter; the ability to get outside of the pack lands was invaluable. He could definitely appreciate that sentiment. "Well then I'm sure you'll greatly enjoy your role here. It can get a little boring at times, but it's important work."

Snake Bite was surprised to see Black Comet lengthen her strides to walk past him, then look back at him with a cutting stare. He felt almost intimidated when she playfully flicked his nose with her tail, and he realized whatever she was about to say was a joke — at least in partiality.

When the words escaped her mouth — her "question" — a wide smile placed itself upon Snake Bite's lips. It took nearly all of his nerve not to bark out a laugh. "I think the real question is: do you like my eyes?" He raised his eyebrows and blinked dramatically, trying to emphasize his brilliant blue-green eyes.

"Absolutely," he replied, speeding up a bit to take up the leadership position. They were walking along the river at a brisk pace, and soon enough two guards came into their line of sight, clearly stationed at one of the pack's four watch points. "See, up ahead? This is a pretty popular one. Rogues seeking fresh water often travel along the river banks, so it's a great place to intercept them or go searching for others."

CaeddaMorningstar

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

[Pack] The Crows (Redwoods)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas