Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Motoujamii Lands
[DUEL] Go Big or Go Home (Citrabanu x Mate'moto)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:25 am
User ImageUser Image

Citrabanu let out a slow breath as he watched Mate'moto from a safe distance. He had a mission in life and that mission was to become a great warrior, claiming the title of Battlemaster. He had a long way to go still, but he wanted his journey to be a memorable one. One that the other Firekin would talk about for generations. What better way to do that than to challenge the General herself? It was a rather intimidating task he was putting himself up to, but he knew he had to do it. It could be a test for himself to see where he stood among the already great warriors. Mate'moto had to battle her way to her position, after all.

Taking another deep, slow breath, Citrabanu made his way towards the dark lioness.

Mate'moto wasn't expecting today to be anything but dull. Ever since the surprise appearance of the goddess of evolution a few months back she'd been waiting for something to happen. So far, though, nothing new had reared its head. Even the Nergui were no longer a threat, it seemed! Dull. Boring. Uuuuugh.

Despite her bored state, Mate'moto's senses never rested. She turned to spot the approaching male long before he was ready to make himself known and she lifted her head to signal he could continue. Citrabanu paused for just a moment before pressing on, knowing there was no turning back now.

"General," he said, his voice deep and a bit gruff but laced with nerves. "I was hoping to ask a favor of you."

"Of me?" Mate'moto said with a laugh. She didn't even know this male's name! She'd seen his face before, of course, but the Firekin was a massive pride and she didn't particularly bother knowing every Soldier and Guard personally. That would be impossible. But she was still open to talking to the lower ranks, always willing to try something new.

"Let's hear it."

"I wish to duel you," Citrabanu said, keeping his head up, bright eyes intense on Mate'moto. "I am in the hunt to become a Battlemaster and want to spar against the strongest lions the Firekin has to offer. Who better than you?"

The request surprised Mate'moto into silence. Him? Duel her? A soldier versus the general?

She loved it.

"Very well, soldier," she said with a little smirk. "I appreciate your spirit. Come, we'll find a better place than here to duel." She turned with a flick of her tail, her heart beating with delight in her chest. This would certainly make today interesting at the very least. Leading Citrabanu to a flatter patch of sand, she turned to face him with a toothy grin.

"I won't go easy on you," she warned, to which Citrabanu gave a tiny grin in return.

"I don't expect you to."  
SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:26 am
Mate'moto didn't so much run as she did fly over the sand, closing the distance between them so quickly it was startling. She was there in a moment, charging head-first into 'danger', as it were, not a drop of fear in her eyes. Granted, dueling was much different than an actual battle, but the thrill of the fight sang in her blood. A large paw made solid contact with Citrabanu's bright red pelt, claws just barely scraping over skin. Mate'moto wasn't going to pull her punches, it seemed.  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:28 am
Citrabanu was definitely surprised by the speed at which Mate'moto had charged at him. Usually duels began circling one another until someone spotted an opportunity to strike. Not with the General, it seemed. He couldn't do much more than hold his ground and use Mate'moto's reckless charge to land a solid hit of his own. He kept his claws sheathed, though, but when he felt her claws rake over his hide he knew this wasn't going to just be a slug fest.

"Not afraid to draw blood, General?" he asked with a grin, glad he'd been able to match her hit with one of his own. Next time he'd keep his claws out.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:37 am
"Can't be afraid to draw blood, soldier," Mate'moto said with a grin, glad that Citrabanu hadn't frozen up completely at her attack. He'd even managed to land a solid hit in return which was impressive. Rather than backing off as another lion might, Mate'moto kept pressing forward, rearing back on her hind legs to swat at Citrabanu's face. Again, her massive paw and claws made contact, scraping down Citrabanu's cheek.

Total: 6  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:39 am
Citrabanu wasn't expecting Mate'moto to crowd him further. This wasn't like how any of the duels leading up to this one had gone. He tried to back up to get out of her reach, but he was much too slow. Pain seared his face as Mate'moto's paw knocked against it, his cheek burning from the superficial but very real wounds. He let out a snarl of surprise as he backed up faster, swinging wildly and missing completely as he tried to get his bearings.

"My name is Citrabanu," he said once he had enough distance between them. "Not solider."

Total: 4  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:41 am
Coming down hard on her paws, Mate'moto to another swipe at Citrabanu as he backed up but completely missed. She lowered her head and kept her muscles tense as she began to circle, falling back on the age-old tactic more out of habit than anything else. Mate'moto liked to break the mold, push the envelope, do the unexpected for that element of surprise, but it was hard to break training that had been beaten into her head for years.

"Then give me a reason to remember your name. Impress me."

Total: 7  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:43 am
The sting and ache in his skull was a massive distraction, but Citrabanu was on a mission. Mate'moto wanted to be impressed and he was going to do that, so help him. He might not win, but she would remember him and he would come back to challenge her again when he had more practice under his belt. She was older than he and had real-world experience, after all. Maybe he could join a patrol to get some fights in at the border.

Darting forward, he feigned a full charge and dodged at the last moment, breezing by Mate'moto while raking his paw over her rump. Unfortunately he misjudged the distance and only barely swatted her, but it was a hit none the less.

Total: 6  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:46 am
Mate'moto let Citrabanu make the next move. He was fast, she'd give him that, and it was impressive that despite the blood darkening his fur in places he was still focused. The fact that he'd even approached her to ask for a duel was impressive in and of itself as well. But she'd let him worry a bit that he wasn't going to impress her - fear made a brilliant motivator.

She held her ground as Citrabanu charged, not falling for the feint. She did retaliate with a swift movement, turning around and catching him on his flank even as she felt his paw score on her rump. Not bad, soldier, she thought to herself.

Total: 9  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:49 am
The touch to his leg knocked Citrabanu off balance and he had to make a wider turn than he'd been hoping to make. Still, he continued with his plan to spin quickly to try to land one more hit, but he was much too far away for that to be successful. Swallowing thickly, he turned to face Mate'moto, squaring up to her. He had one more chance to prove himself and he knew he had to make it big. He let out a snarl as he began his charge, putting everything he had on the line in this last attack.

Total: 7  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:51 am
This was it. His last hurrah. Mate'moto knew whatever he did here would be close, but not quite enough. He was still young, still green. He needed more experience. But his spirit was that of a Battlemaster even if his technique and skill wasn't. She held her ground, ready for whatever Citrabanu had to throw at her.

Total: 11  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:53 am
The fact that Mate'moto was just standing there threw Citrabanu off slightly. He went with his charge, but rather than doing a full-frontal attack like she had at the start of the duel, he ended up moving to the side to graze her once more. It seemed even in that movement he knew he hadn't achieved his goal, and he slowed his run to a trot and finally to a stop. He lowered his head, breathing heavily, and closed his eyes. He'd lost.

Total: 9  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:01 am
Mate'moto turned to watch the defeated lion, his head hung in shame. She rolled her golden eyes but there was a fondness to her expression as she turned to walk over to the young male. Bumping against him as she drew closer, she lifted a paw to push his chin back up.

"You really thought you could best me, hm? The General? I told you I wasn't going to go easy on you" she chided, to which Citrabanu winced. He remained silent for the time being, still wallowing in his failure. It caused Mate'moto to scoff softly and she gave him a harder shove with her shoulder.

"Come on now. You can't win every time. Learn from your loss and move on. I expect you to have a new rank next season, Citrabanu."

The male glanced at Mate'moto with surprise when she said his name and he was met with a very satisfied smirk. It drew a little smile to his own face and in that moment his shame at losing was gone. He'd battled the General, had held his own, and she remembered his name! That was almost as good as a win in his opinion.

"Thank you for the duel, Mate'moto," he said gratefully. "I'll do that. Come back stronger. And next time I won't lose."

That drew a laugh from Mate'moto and she gave him one final playful shove before moving away. "You better make that a promise, Citrabanu! I won't go easy on you then, either."

Citrabanu's heart was full of hope as he turned away to head back to his den. His wounds stung and his body ached, but he had a new fire lit under him now. He was going to practice, duel, and become a Battlemaster and defeat the General when all was said and done. It was a distant dream, but one he felt like he could actually grab now.

FIN
WC: 1716  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items