Reply [Pack] The Crows (Redwoods)
[PRP] Preparing for Winter [Calico x Black Comet] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaeddaMorningstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:16 pm
(warning for a mental episode, nothing too bad though)

The gentle glare calico received from his comments was swiftly replaced with small laughs and giggles as he help her escape. The snow melting into her fur was an issue she honestly hadn't expected, but the thin ice didn't stand much against the warmth radiating from her.

She shook what she could off and attempted to ignore the shivers that began to come over her body. She couldn't shake off all the cold that seeped into her fur unfortunately: the bottom part of her tail fur so thin that if looked at correctly you could see the patches missing from her paws combing through it so much. In fact as soon as she was released, out of habit, she combed to knots out of her tail fur focusing more on the bottom edge than anywhere else.

We need to go get warm and dry before we both get sick. It would be bad if we were both sick, especially with Calico being the cook. I can't help take care of him if I'm sick. Oh no we are gonna die if I can't help. We will both die of cold. Nobody likes the thought of dying in the cold, but that's definitely whats going to happen if we don't get going soon. I'm going to die and I brought this undeserving wolf along with me. I am terrible and maybe it should happen to me, but not to him. But guess what I did -- Stop it.

"If it is cruel, then we shall both suffer a similar fate," She stopped messing with her fur, when she noticed her anxiety piling up, and very quickly drew a singular circle in the snow in a compulsion. It was something to help her zero in on the chaos she had created, and calm her mind in the middle of it. If she didn't do it, her thoughts would convince her of her fate. Of their fate.

"Lets go and quickly get warm before we get sick, I do apologize for getting us both soaked though."

She did not care for the wet seeping into her fur, and she highly doubted he enjoyed it anymore than she did. Even if he did start this whole debacle in the first place.

Don't be sour and childish about it, Comet. You participated just has much as he started it. The blame is not entirely on him.

She got out of the pile of snow she was surrounded in, and gave Calico a sweet smile hoping it masked the frazzled anxiety from earlier, "Let's go."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:37 am
      He noted the singular circle, eyes lingering for less than a second before he flicked them up to meet her gaze. A smile touched his features, head shaking as he felt snow melt into his fur from his own heat. Ugh, that was unpleasant.

"Apology accepted. If I get a cold I'll know exactly what caused it," his tone was light and unworried. Maybe it'd give him a good excuse to pester her later, too. Calico padded towards the pack heart, keeping a slow pace for a wolf he was sure didn't need it. Maybe he was just buying time; he still wanted to get to know his new friend.

"My den is warm," he added, remembering the layers and layers of feathers and hides he had lined the den with. Immediately his cheeks heated, head swiveling to look back at her. "I don't mean that in a creepy way, either. Just, it'll be good to eat and warm up there. It's rather spacious; I think it used to be a den for a growing family."

They reached home rather quickly, causing Calico to pause before nodding to where his den was. It was dug deep into the earth against a large tree, and within that tree laid a hollow spot where berries rested on a leaf.

"I'm right over here," he barked, picking up his pace. Berry time!

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

CaeddaMorningstar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:44 pm
She nodded in reference to his den, her's was a longer walk and she wished to be warm before going to her new home. It was mostly empty, besides her bedding, and it didn't seem comfortable to be there alone yet.

She watched him run over to his home entrance, and stood still for a moment when he announced it's place. It felt foreign to her that she was honestly invited over to his home for food and warmth. A feeling she couldn't really put her nose on rested in her chest, and it made her wonder if she should just go home to dry off alone. She made her decision to come here though, and so she wiped her worries away and walked over where he was excitedly carrying a leaf full of berries inside.

When she met him at the entrance and followed him in the weird feeling in her chest grew heavier. She settled down in the den near where he was making himself at home, holding herself in the utmost respect for his personal space. She made herself as small as she could to not disturb what was around her, but did her best to seem relaxed and at peace in his home.

Her stomach gave a quiet rumble as she eyed the berries, and determined that the feeling held inside of her was just anticipation. It absolutely had nothing to do being alone and secluded with the kind wolf beside her. It was never a negative feeling, just odd: kind of warm, with a weight that made her want to lie down and just be in his presence for the rest of the day.

"I am so ready for this treat, it better live up to my expectations." She flicked her tail in his direction having it bump against him in jest.

She almost couldn't wait for him to share the treat with her it looked so good. Her mouth began to water at the sight alone. She had never thought of herself as one to be won over with food.

We must all surprise ourselves at some point, I guess. She thinks and then silently laughs at herself.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:04 pm
      Calico grinned when Comet slid into his den, grabbing the sweet treat and placing it between them. Berries mixed into a thick juice laid, glistening and waiting. Calico had created a sugary jam to encase the berries within, and he was eager for her opinion. It wasn't often sweets were available, but Calico was working on figuring a way for it to become a normal addition to the packs diet.

On top of the berries laid a tiny leaf of mint. His tail wagged once, nodding towards the treat. "I'm trying a new thing," he began. "It's my first time with this recipe, but hopefully it's good. I tried it when the juice hadn't quite set yet and I like it, but it should have had time to sweeten and settle over night."

He tried not to watch her eagerly, eyes flicking around the den in a poor attempt to not show the excitement bubbling. Oh, he so hoped he had finally mastered his vision. "Helpers first," he stated, unable to help from flicking over to see her eventual reaction.

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

CaeddaMorningstar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:17 pm
She nodded when he offered to let her go first turn, and in a sign of restraint she sniffed at the berries to begin. She was not an expert on fanciful food but she wanted to give him a legitimate review.

It smelled good. It's a sweetness she never really experienced before, of course it smelled like how the berries did but there was something in there to bring it forward more. They also smelled warm, she just couldn't put her words on the sensation. It wasn't unpleasant in any sense and made her mouth water.

She finally picked one out and no matter how much she just wanted to devour it, she savored the taste. It was spiced and sugared, something tart was added to bring those flavors forward, and it was no where close to what she expected. She rolled the taste over her tongue, experiencing it to the best of her ability and comes to a conclusion.

She looks over at her companion and makes eye contact with him holding her self in a very serious manner to give him her opinion, "This is probably the best thing I have put in my mouth."

She smiles and steals another berry before he could object if at all and smiles after swallowing, "Please grab some, because I promise I could clean this leaf sparkling if you left me to it."

With the berries settling in her stomach a warmth began to spread over her in a slow and languid pace. She doesn't truly understand what it means that it is happening to her, but it feels good and safe and satisfied. It must just be how good the berries were.

That's absolutely it.

[Pack] The Crows (Redwoods)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces