Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[ prp ] Meal Time (Nikal/Tecuanith & Sorsha/Leoth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:31 pm
[ set 5 months into weyrlinghood ]

Nikal leaned against a wooden post at the feeding pens and grew thoughtful. Soon. Soon they'd be moving out of the barracks, have their own place, and be named senior weyrlings. More importantly, Tecuanith would have her own wallow, which was incredibly important. It was all a step closer to independence and "adulthood" as it were, and it was the closest thing to progress that Nikal had been making since before he had been chosen. He had forgotten what it was like to not have just a schedule but a goal, and weyrling status had been a gift he hadn't thought himself worth receiving. Not after the giant a** he made of himself in the past.

< Don't go maudlin on me now, fierceheart. > As if to show what would happen if he did, Tecuanith savaged the herdbeast in her claws further, blood spraying across her muzzle. They crossed like an X over the scars on her face and shoulder. The animal gave a final faint bleat before growing limp in her jaws.

"You'll bite my ear off if you do that, you know." Tec had picked up that Phalanges, his barely tamed flit, had a habit of chastising him with nips to the ear, which his green had adopted for herself in the early days in an attempt to stamp out every piece of evidence that he had ever had someone or something before her. And unlike with Phalanges, Tecuanith's fangs could really hurt.

She grinned something bloody at him and returned to eating.

"So, we'll be getting our own place soon. Ideas on how to spruce it up?"

< Of course. I had already begun considering how to decorate the place months before. > She sent him images of feline skin rugs, a plush bed for himself and a perfectly positioned wallow for her, adoring visitors in particular human and dragon forms...

Nikal coughed loudly, the tips of his ears feeling warm. Yup. Definitely lots of new goals to work with, even if he didn't exactly acknowledge them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:03 pm
A sudden downburst of wind rushed over the feeding pens as Leoth backwinged in for a kill. Snatching a bellowing herdbeast in her front claws, she landed as daintily as a large gold weyrling could and just as daintily tore the head off the hapless creature, killing it instantly. She was already immense for her age and promised to be massive at full growth; still, she carried herself with a regal, almost imperious manner, befitting a future queen.

< Sister, > she greeted Tecuanith warmly, her muzzle stained red from the herdbeast's blood. < I do hope training has been going well for you. >

Running up to the pen, Sorsha stopped against the rail, panting for breath. "Hi," she waved to Nikal as she caught her breath. "Leoth was hungry, I guess." Pushing her curly red mane of hair off her impossibly freckled face, she smiled at her fellow weyrling, searching for something else to say. Failing that, she turned her attention back to Leoth, willing the young gold not to eat too fast. "Don't be a glutton, dearest...."  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:43 am
Tec glanced up at the sound. < Leoth. > The greeting was polite if nothing else. Tecuanith tore into her meal some more. < It has. I would say I am outstripping them all, in fact. And yourself? >

Nikal found himself jumping up to stand as they were visited, stiff and militaristic, his hands at his sides. It was as if he disliked being caught relaxing by anyone. "Yeah," he said. "Same. Glad they can hunt for themselves now, they're getting pretty big. I think Tec is trying to be the first 30 ft green."

xtatterpixie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:47 pm
Leoth allowed the less than welcoming tone of Tec's words wash off her like water. < I would expect nothing less of you, my fierce sister, > she complimented Tecuanith with a nod before tucking into her dinner. < I have been doing splendidly in my training, though I have no one to compare myself to save my twin sister, at least in the additional classes I am required to take. > Even though gold dragons were not above any other color at Western (something with which Leoth did not agree), the young gold still had to learn certain things differently than her siblings.

"Yeah," nodded Sorsha, "I can't believe how big Leoth is getting! And your Tecuanith has grown so much too -- she is beautiful. I bet she will reach 30 feet!" The red-haired girl shot Nikal a bright, gap-toothed smile. She didn't know him very well, but she liked all the other Weyrlings in her group, so she was sure he was okay. Though he seemed to be awfully nervous, for some reason...

medigel

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:40 pm
Tecuanith hummed softly at the expected praise as she licked her lips of blood and viscera bits. < What do they have you learning right now, anyway? > she asked. If a green couldn't listen in on those lessons--and why couldn't they, if only a little where it mattered?--she could bother her sisters at the very least. < Is it on the flamethrowers? >

"Don't encourage her," Nikal groused with a glance at his dragon. "It's a pain to wash her already. Although I guess I've got nothing on you and some've the others."

Beat.

He tucked his hands in his pockets. "Uh. I was thinking about those huts we'll be getting soon. Seems cool."

tatterpixie

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff