Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:48 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Notes to self:

WIP removed in 2023 - slot is valid but I am not comfortable with freely putting my OCs on the internet at the moment

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:01 am
Kaimana watched the chaotic flurry of activity all around her, feeling out of place. Winter was coming early this year, and inhabitants of the land and sea alike had begun their frantic preparations for a long season of coldness and scarcity. Hokulani and the others in her shoal-group had their hands full in their cave system, while others were already on their way to warmer climates. Hokulani had sent Kaimana to learn from their colleagues on land, but she came at an unusually busy time.

Her eyes fell on the calmest and quietest of the clan of healers and herbalists, a gentle-mannered kirin-unicorn mare named Bluebelle with angeni winglets by her ears and feet, who was currently poring over a mass of scrolls and books by her feet. Maps and star charts were strewn all over the place, and she sat in the middle of the mess. Looking slightly overwhelmed.

Kaimana trotted over to her, dodging a rainbow blur dashing past her on the way.

"Hello! What are you up to? Do you need any help?"

Kaimana Word Count: 176

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:13 am
Bluebelle jumped at the question, startled, and then looked up from her papers when she heard the other mare's voice. She had been so engrossed in her task that she hadn't even heard Kaimana's approach. Her gray eyes met Kaimana's blue ones, but they looked weary, exhausted, older than her age. Bluebelle knew she must look terrible. Her normally glossy hair was a tangled mess -- she couldn't brush her hair on her own, and all their familiars were busy with their own tasks the past several days -- and her face was sunken from sleeplessness. Her winglets fluttered in agitation.

"Hello," she responded tiredly. "I'm trying to find records of older maps, and compile updates. You'll never know when you need them... especially if there's another avalanche or mudslide during the wintertime, or worse. Storm preparations take a lot out of me," she sighed, shaking out her mane. Then she looked up at Kaimana again. "Thank you for the offer, but I think I have to do this myself. You're not familiar with our region of the Kawani, right?" Bluebelle felt guilty for turning her down, but this was for the best. She was a perfectionist, and wasn't sure if this temporary newcomer was up to the task. Moreover, with others relying on her, this was her sole responsibility.

She glanced down at her books. As a cartographer and the designated navigator, her job was not as time-sensitive as the others. After all, the lay of the land rarely underwent drastic changes, barring some sort of natural disaster. Of course, that is what they were preparing for. But unlike Enfys and Alizarin, who were in a mad dash to gather remaining herbs before they wilted now that winter's first frost had come, she still had more time until the winter storms came.

Bluebelle Word Count: 301

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:17 am
Kaimana shook her head no in response, looking down at the papers. "You're right, I'm not from this region. But if you need an extra pair of hooves for any small tasks, say the word." She glanced at Bluebelle's face again. "Don't misinterpret this, but you look like you could use some help, or better yet, a break from this." Kaimana gestured vaguely at the papers, her transparent lower leg sending strange shimmers as onto the ground as the light passed through it.

Kaimana Word Count: 83

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:20 am
"I really do, don't I?" Bluebelle smiled wryly. "Thank you, truly. I might have a task for you, then. I know this is a menial task, but I'm sure all of us would appreciate some tea to wake us up. It's not easy to make without the advantage of paws or claws... Normally Morpheus would shrink down and help us, but he's busy elsewhere with his own tasks as well."

Bluebelle Word Count: 70

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:48 am
Kaimana smiled back at the mare and felt a small, quick rush of relief. She already felt awkward and out of place among the clan of healers, having arrived at such an inopportune time with no task to do, but before she could respond to Bluebelle another interrupted her.

Kaimana Word Count: 49

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out