User Image
Haunting Echo hadn't been apart of the pack long enough to even consider himself a proper pack member. Still, he was performing his tasks of a Gatherer well enough, he thought and he enjoyed taking on jobs whether it be from outsiders with a payment or from his own pack members. Especially from the later, he realized a little later, because it made him feel more connected to them, which he was otherwise struggling to do.

Doing jobs was apart of the pack culture and Echo was keen to do them. In fact, he was becoming surprisingly willing to help, despite not feeling truly apart of the group. Yet, when he heard from Far Sight that the alpha, Big Bad, was looking for ideas for upcoming holidays or traditions, he began to consider it.

Then, finally, he came up with an idea. Something that could combine the delight of doing a job well and the ability to share it with the pack members of the Crows. He considered it from various angles: would all pack members, feathered or otherwise be able to participate? Young or old? Well, why not? It was all in the spirit of generosity. However, he knew the rules of the pack well, for Far Sight chattered them into his ear in his early days of becoming a pack member. They hadn't wanted to get in, just to get thrown out after all. Allied packs were still considered outsiders, weren't they? So it could be a Crow-only tradition. That sounded just like the sort of thing the Alpha would be looking for.

So, he ran it past Far Sight, who seemed to think it a decent idea and accompanied him to speak with Big Bad. Trying to ignore the growing feeling of eyes on him, he took a breath.

"I know that the rule is absolute, that a Crow requires payment from an outsider, but what if, for a couple of days in the colder seasons, we would allow pack mates to do jobs for one another... without expecting payment?" He proposed. "It could inspire generosity within the pack or good will, I suppose. Of course, some sort of payment could still be given, but given freely as a gift rather than an obligation for a task done correctly." He went on. "I'm a little stumped on the name... Good Givings or Givingmas, because you would be giving to the masses? Or giving masses of gifts..." He shifted his paws, his confidence in the idea beginning to dwindle at a rapid pace. "A-Anyway. That's what I thought of. I'm sure others have good ideas too, so I'll let them speak now. Thank you, Alpha, for hearing me out." And with a nod of respect, he dipped his head low and backed away among his other pack mates.

"If I ever have any idea about speaking to the Alpha again, convince me not to." He muttered to Far Sight as they walked further away. "It's not worth the stress that comes with it."

WC: 505