Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:50 pm
User Image

It was almost time again for the Sky Festival to bring the Ela'wadiyi clans together once again and it was so utterly bizarre for Gadane to be in the completely wrong spot for the time of year. He wouldn't change his path for the world but every once in a while there were small reminders that he wasn't where he had started anymore. He was on the opposite side of the place he and Dohi had always met, he hadn't even been this far the time he traveled the last leg of the journey with the Bird Clan after wandering so far from his own.

At least not at this time of year. The connection did help him orient himself with respect to the family he left behind. It wasn't every day in their perpetual migration that he could tell exactly which direction one would need to go to find them without stopping to really think it through. But he knew exactly where they were right now and he was getting excited to see them again.

He was exploring ahead of the path the clan walked, letting his mind wander and not thinking too hard about where he was going or what he was doing. He wondered why anybody got married outside of the festival and if an upcoming anniversary made it more or less exciting.. surely it had to be more exciting. Maybe some of the other married lions preferred quieter festivals.. he would have thought that about himself before now, actually..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This was a mixture of the best and worst time of year for Dohi. Though there technically were no hosts for the Sky Festival, she still felt like Bird clan was always playing host to everyone else; as her father was the indirect leader of the Ela'wadiyi, it fell on their shoulders to ensure that everything ran smoothly.

At least this year she had a little more help on her side, even if it was just to listen to her panic about preparations. She had been doing this for a couple years now, so at least Dohi knew what to expect, and what not to stress out about. Too much. Who needs stress, right?

She laughed to herself thinking about stressing out before letting her eyes wander to look for Gadane. Where was he? Perhaps he was off towards the west, where the rocks began to thrust up out of the ground. A good place to catch some sun, and look for any interesting tidbits that would get trapped there in the winds.  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:53 am
It had been a long time since Gadane had thoughtlessly wandered so far from his clan, he had learned his lesson that day .. even if something very good had come of it. That good thing was why he was always more aware of his distance now, he cared more about not getting lost because he had something waiting for him. So instead of wandering out out out, he wandered in circles around the path ahead of the clan.

Circling back towards the Bird Clan was when he spotted Dohi headed out his way. There was always an equal chance she was either looking for him or escaping the pressures of being an alu'nadi. In either case, she always welcomed him so he changed course and headed right for her with a smile on his face.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:55 am
"Where is he?" she grumbled to herself. She didn't think she would feel so crushed to not find Gadane, but it made her realize just how much she depended on him to be a rock for her with her swirling life full of duties, expectations, and putting others before herself. Though she would allow herself moments of selfishness, they were far outnumbered by the duties needed as clan mother to the healthy Bird clan.

Another look around with her seafoam eyes, and she spotted him wander in her direction. Where had he gone? Perhaps those long wanderings he had done as a bachelor weren't completely out of his system yet.

"Gadane!" she yelled, a hint of laughter in her voice. "Leaving me already, are we?"  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:03 am
"Now's definitely my chance," he joked, jogging up to meet his wife and headbutting her affectionately when he arrived, "I can finally figure out where the Earth Clan is with respect to where we are. I was just thinking about where we used to meet, I'm on the wrong side this year."

Gadane hesitated, looking out over the landscape and then back to Dohi with a smile.

"Or.. I suppose I'm finally on the right side, now," he said, "I'm excited about the festival, but this year it's different. It's.. strange."

He wasn't normally a very chatty lion, and when he did start talking (usually with Dohi) .. he usually had a better idea of what he was trying to say. Though he had no doubt that he was very happy here, thinking about the changes over the last year left his mind jumbled as he sorted through it all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:51 am
The alu'nadi laughed. "It is a good thing you revised that statement or I was going to punch your shoulder. Of course you're on the right side this year!" Though, she did realize that it was the males that left their families, and though he seemed happy here, it would never be the same without parents, siblings, extended family...

"I can't say I understand, but I can say that I am excited for you, to see your family again." She headbutted him affectionately, rubbing her face into his mane as if to claim him for herself. Part of her could feel her heart break, understanding the disquiet of knowing different. Yinehi...

Pulling herself back to face him again, she gave him a wink. "Well, I'm playing hooky right now, so let's talk about the festival as if I'm not the one trying to finish up preparations. Father is doing well enough on his own, though he is hoping for help in finding an extra supply or two of the herbs he uses for the tree ceremony."  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:07 am
Gadane chuckled at the threat that followed his amendment. He was grateful he had caught his own mistake, he might never be articulate enough to get it all right the first time he said something but he understood the impact of language. It was a good reason not to say more than you had to, usually.

"Are you really?" he said, looking surprised at her confession, "Then this must be about the time you would have come looking for me. Maybe that's why I was wandering out here, too. Old habits, annual restlessness.."

He tucked away the bit of information about Skan looking to replenish his herb stock for later and turned his mind to actually attending the festival this year.

"We should spend our time with the Earth Clan," he suggested, "I'm sure my parents haven't gotten to see enough of you yet. Maybe Kane and his family from the Shadow Clan will join us."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:55 am
"It is about the time I would have come looking for you....because I did come look for you, silly. It was just much easier to find you this time." She offered him a pleased smirk, feeling quite proud of herself for no reason other than she was spending some nice time with her husband.

"I would love to spend more time with your family. Clouds above only know how much time we're stuck with my family; it would be nice for a change of pace. Besides, once the festival is started, I'm not needed very much other than helping bandage up any accidental injuries from the sky ceremony. We could spend so much time with them you'll be dying for the festival to be over," she said with an additional wink. Dohi didn't think that was possible, but it was fun to tug on his tail a bit.

"Family reunions are a big reason for this, so we'll have to enjoy ourselves."  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:08 am
"Oh. True."

He paused, dumbstruck by the totally accurate observation for a moment before he started laughing at himself. Apparently, Gadane needed to slow down more than he realized even as he was fighting his building excitement for the festival.

"Is anybody around here looking for a husband? Maybe we could lure back one of my brothers," he suggested, his tone caught somewhere between joking and sincere, "Or a friend."

Another pause.

"Did I ever tell you about him?" he asked suddenly, "The time I didn't spend at festivals trying to impress you, I would meet with a friend from the Shadow Clan. Kane, my only other brother to leave home, married one of his sisters actually. Unless more have married since we last saw them.."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:43 am
"Heh, I bet we could find a perfect candidate for a brother of yours. Bird clan is rather big." Sometimes it felt like Ela'wadiyi lions took a long time to to pair themselves up, but everyone did take marriage very seriously.

"Oh, no! I would love to hear more stories about you before you were my other half," she purred, settling her rump down on the ground for some story time. "I have a little time to waste, I would be happy to listen to you talk about yourself more, Gadane." She felt like she knew her husband well, but it was always fun to exchange silly stories from when they were younger, before they knew one another well.

"If it is a good enough story... we will definitely have to try to embarrass this Kane of yours at the festival, somehow. We've got to keep the lively atmosphere, at least!"  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:50 am
Gadane grinned, but he didn't say anything right away. It would be more fun to have Dohi meet Ustalanali without knowing anything about him, but the problem with that was it would give him the opportunity to make whatever impression he wanted and to turn the focus onto Gadane..

But then again, was there any hope of avoiding that?

"I don't know if I could do Ustalanali Ligaiisei justice, he's more of an experience," he said, "But I'd be happy to tell you all about my brothers. Maybe we can make some exciting plans for the festival."

It would be nice to see his family again, to show off Dohi to them and get her more involved with his side. This would be what he looked forward to in the festivals from now on, that sounded perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:06 pm
"An experience, you say? Alright, I will save my judgement and desire for stories until you introduce us." It did intrigue her, and she hoped that he knew she was going to nag him about this meeting until Gadane ensured it happened. The festival was coming up quickly, but not quickly enough at this point!

"I'd love to hear more about your brothers. Maybe we can plan a small get together with them, but only after you tell me all their secrets," she smiled to herself, settling in for a relaxing afternoon with her husband.

-fin-  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out